Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who Has Voice Activated Climate Control?

Mine never understands the temperature I ask for, and I almost rip the knob off in frustration once I'm done yelling at her. I never use it.

Gonna try this on my '16 now and see, never knew about it before since I know the FiSTs don't have the climate controls available on the MFT/sync3 screen

Gonna try this on my '16 now and see, never knew about it before since I know the FiSTs don't have the climate controls available on the MFT/sync3 screen
The temp display on the MFT for Focii what have you, is just that; a display. All it does is show the temps that the dual zone CC is set at, you still can't interact with it on MFT.

All Fiesta STs come with the touchscreen infotainment system standard. '14-'15 have the MyFordTouch system and '16s have the Sync 3 system.

None of them have climate control info on the screen.
This is true. We don't have the ST1 that the UK has so we all have touchscreen and voice activated climate control. If yours isn't working you're using the wrong syntax or your system has some problems. Make sure your sync is up to date and if that doesn't work take it in.

Bluedrank

I just tested on my '16 with Sync 3 and it does not recognize my command when I say "climate". So I guess I don't have it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
When I say set climate....or climate my FiST does come up with the choice menu and I then say climate or set climate to say 65 degrees....then it asks if I want to set it to 65 and I simply say yes and it does it. I'll have to take a video of it and post it.

Wait do you have a Fiesta S? Or a Fiesta ST? If you have a FiST you have voice activated climate control. The SE has it, so does our car because the ST is based off it.

Bluedrank

Wait do you have a Fiesta S? Or a Fiesta ST? If you have a FiST you have voice activated climate control. The SE has it, so does our car because the ST is based off it.
I have a '16 ST. When I say "climate set temperature to ** degrees" or just "climate" sync 3 does not pick up on the command. Clearly I do not have it.

As we are saying, there is something wrong. Your car should have it, if it doesn't there is problem with your brand new car that the dealer needs to fix.

My '16 does not have voice activation for anything, except phone and audio. Sync 3 is a move away from My Ford Touch although it could still be part of the Nav system. Does anyone have a 16 with this feature?

Bluedrank

I tried this with my '16 with sync 3, and it also didn't recognize the climate command
My '16 does not have voice activation for anything, except phone and audio. Sync 3 is a move away from My Ford Touch although it could still be part of the Nav system. Does anyone have a 16 with this feature?
Same here. Despite an ill-informed user thinking I needed to take my car in for service because my '16 didn't recognize the command (obviously not the problem), my thinking is that either the '16 models don't have it, it's tied to the nav system, or it's tied to the heated seat option somehow.

Ill informed? I have test driven a 16 SE and it had it without heated seats or nav. Our cars are pretty much just performance SEs. But hey your car, if you don't want it to work the way it should that's on you.

Bluedrank

Ill informed? I have test driven a 16 SE and it had it without heated seats or nav. Our cars are pretty much just performance SEs. But hey your car, if you don't want it to work the way it should that's on you.
Yes, clearly actually. You can pretend it's not the case though. It doesn't bother me either way.

We have numerous 16 owners reporting that their car doesn't have it. I doubt all of us are unable to hit the sync button and say "climate " or that all our cars are broken. There's obviously either some other deciding factor for a car to have it, or it's just not included with 16 models and sync 3. Unless there's some undisclosed factory issue that affects lots of cars, but that's obviously not the situation here. sync doesnt even recognize the command, which means it would be a sync issue. I can say for sure that my sync software is up to date with the latest version checked 10 days ago.

Either way, it's a stupid feature that I'd never use in real life. So I don't really care if it has it or not.

Maybe there is a sync issue. Look at the TSB on the 16s for thier climate control bug. Maybe this is related and Ford hasn't found a fix or even noticed. They have had issues with cars coming from the factory for 2016, missing red calipers etc. You act like manufacturers don't screw up from time to time. Also this thing is made by blackberry, it's going to have some problems.

I have nav and recarros, and no voice control for climate on my '16.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk