Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who Has Voice Activated Climate Control?

I'm really not bothered by this, while it would be cool to have the only reason I would honestly use it would be to show off..."Hey friends look what I can do"

The novelty would wear off pretty quickly.

Bluedrank

Maybe there is a sync issue. Look at the TSB on the 16s for thier climate control bug. Maybe this is related and Ford hasn't found a fix or even noticed. They have had issues with cars coming from the factory for 2016, missing red calipers etc. You act like manufacturers don't screw up from time to time. Also this thing is made by blackberry, it's going to have some problems.
I'm well aware of the TSB, I already brought my 16 in for the recall.

Above is another guy with a 16 without it. Have we even confirmed anyone with a 16 that has it at this point?

Just another data point here, I have a '16 with the nav system and fancy seats, and no voice controlled climate or icon for climate on my touchscreen. Are '16s the first year with SYNC3? I get the impression that SYNC3 is missing a few features vs. the older system.

DvC

tried it today on my 15' base and it is easily the worst implemented "improvement" ever. sync sucks ass

I know this thread is a bit old but I found it while searching for voice activated climate control for my 2016 FiST. Since there wasn't a solid conclusion I went on the Ford website and started a chat. Results of the chat:

Please wait for a SYNC Agent to respond.
Mary says:
Hello revdoc. My name is Mary. How can I help you?
revdoc says:
Hi Mary, I have a question about Sync 3 in my 2016 Fiesta ST
Mary says:
OK! I can help with SYNC questions.
revdoc says:
On the Ford website it says I should be able to adjust the climate control via the Sync touchscreen, but I have no climate icon on my screen. Also it is supposed to have voice control for the climate, but it does not recognize when I say the word "climate"
Mary says:
Let me look into this for you. Give me a quick moment, please, revdoc.
revdoc says:
no problem.
Mary says:
I appreciate your patience.
Mary says:
Climate control on the display is not a standard feature with all SYNC 3 systems. If you don't see the option listed on your screen, then that means the feature is not equipped with your system. You can confirm with your dealership if there are any after-market options to enable this, as it is a built-in feature only.
revdoc says:
Ok, thank you. I will talk to the dealer
So it looks like it is not included on all models, but no mention of what option package enables it. I have only Nav and the black wheels on my car, no other options, but I would have thought if anything ordering the Nav option would have enabled it. I am going to talk to the dealer just to see if they are any help.

OP
Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff

Thread Starter #46
I know this thread is a bit old but I found it while searching for voice activated climate control for my 2016 FiST. Since there wasn't a solid conclusion I went on the Ford website and started a chat. Results of the chat:

So it looks like it is not included on all models, but no mention of what option package enables it. I have only Nav and the black wheels on my car, no other options, but I would have thought if anything ordering the Nav option would have enabled it. I am going to talk to the dealer just to see if they are any help.
Ok. The car I tested had recaros, black wheels, and nav, and the sales guy demonstrated the voice activated climate control. The car I bought only has the black wheel option. You have nav, but do you have recaros? Maybe it's part of that, for some reason, heated seats and all?

Sent from my Spaceship

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Ok. The car I tested had recaros, black wheels, and nav, and the sales guy demonstrated the voice activated climate control. The car I bought only has the black wheel option. You have nav, but do you have recaros? Maybe it's part of that, for some reason, heated seats and all?

Sent from my Spaceship
My '16 has Recaros and no nav, and does not appear to have voice-activated climate control. There is no climate icon on the Sync 3 screen.

My car does not have Recaro's, just Nav and the black wheels. Only two options on the window sticker. There are only a few options available for these cars and so far it seems this is unlisted and only comes with a certain combo of options. It's not a huge deal but if it is something that can be turned on via a software update or something, might as well have it working.

OP
Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff

Thread Starter #49
My car does not have Recaro's, just Nav and the black wheels. Only two options on the window sticker. There are only a few options available for these cars and so far it seems this is unlisted and only comes with a certain combo of options. It's not a huge deal but if it is something that can be turned on via a software update or something, might as well have it working.
There's a thread on using forscan to enable/disable options in the ecu. I think this would be a prime candidate for such a thing.

Sent from my Spaceship

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I know for a fact that my 15 has it...as I do believe I posted a video on how to set it. Maybe 16' and newer don't have it with sync3.