Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Driver's Side Tweeter Stopped Working

So, took a 15 hour trip in my 2016 FiST yesterday (w/multiple rest stops). Around hour 13, the driver's side tweeter began to intermittently sound harsh and staticky.

I could tell that a wire was losing contact, because every with every bump in the pavement, the static would either get worse or the tweeter would cut out altogether.

When it finally cut out for the last time, I gave a light tap to the tweeter housing and it came back for a short spell, and then eventually went out for good.

So I popped the tweeter housing off today to troubleshoot and I simply could not get any sound to come back. I had an old stock tweeter laying from my old Subaru and connected that to the wiring harness and immediately got audio signal.

So, apparently my driver tweeter crapped out after less than a month. Great excuse to upgrade, but feel as though I need to have it replaced under warranty just on principle. I barely have 2k miles on the vehicle.

Other than this (and the plastic, illegible dipstick) I love driving and owning the FiST.

Has anyone else had this happen to their tweeters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quewyn

My tweeters are super crackly only a few months after I bought it; its the only thing that really bugs me about my FiST other than that I love everything about it

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
You have a 2016, so take it in for warranty replacement. It could have just been a bad speaker.

OP
FreshST
Thread Starter #4
Thanks, I actually just ended up upgrading them to some decent clarions. All better now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk