Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any thoughts on a Stage 3 package?

Trader history for Jailbird (0)

I was wondering if there was any consideration of offering a stage 3 package with a bit of a discount. I think there are some buyers out there (myself included) that like the idea of buying a complete package instead of piecing together parts.

FistSt215

Piecing together a stage 3 package whole a lot cheaper

Cobb AP V3 used 400 shipped
Depo Catless dp 179.95 shipped
Depo Intercooler 329.95 shipped
Injen intake 250 shipped
Total = 1,159.90

Almost almost 2k cheaper than Cobb stage 3 package

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
I understand the fact there is a cost savings by choosing lower cost parts, and those parts might or might not have different levels of quality and performance. I'm looking at it from the standpoint of convenience and compatibility.

Piecing together a stage 3 package whole a lot cheaper

Cobb AP V3 used 400 shipped
Depo Catless dp 179.95 shipped
Depo Intercooler 329.95 shipped
Injen intake 250 shipped
Total = 1,159.90

Almost almost 2k cheaper than Cobb stage 3 package
That's fine if you consider all brands to be of the same quality. And the Cobb S3 includes a very nice cat back exhaust (Haven't seen one comparible to their quality yet). Did you forget that in the above? What about IC pipes? RMM?

I understand the fact there is a cost savings by choosing lower cost parts, and those parts might or might not have different levels of quality and performance. I'm looking at it from the standpoint of convenience and compatibility.
Call Cobb and see if they'll work with you. I bought all their stuff S2, and when it came time to add the exhaust, I asked for a discount and they worked with me.

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
Call Cobb and see if they'll work with you. I bought all their stuff S2, and when it came time to add the exhaust, I asked for a discount and they worked with me.
I have considered the Cobb S3 but the thing that is holding me back is the lack of an intake solution for the '16. I have been a fan of Mishi parts in the past, and I like how open they are with their testing and development.
I had a few conversations with some of their guys at SEMA this past year and they really know their stuff.

Zissou

That's fine if you consider all brands to be of the same quality. And the Cobb S3 includes a very nice cat back exhaust (Haven't seen one comparible to their quality yet). Did you forget that in the above? What about IC pipes? RMM?
RMM is only $155 so that's not a huge dent in the wallet. IC pipes get expensive but from what I hear from the members of this forum is that for stage 3 you're fine staying with stock pipes.

Cobb gives a little discount buying their stage 3 vs piecing their parts out separate. But I agree with [MENTION=4850]DP03[/MENTION] - it's going to be a lot cheaper mixing and matching. Especially if you buy used. The only parts I've bought new are the Cobb AP, Deadhook FMIC, and MAP Cat Back Exhaust.

Big money savings if you get the Deadhook Motorsports FMIC. That thing is great and is an incredible value.

Another way to save is to forego the intake and just go for a different (like green machine) filter in the OEM assembly. I got my filter for free with purchase of the AP. I have an Injen Intake but I'm pretty sure it's just a noise maker (that I freaking love).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My quasi-S3 setup is MAP cat back, depo IC and piping, Cobb AP (Tune+). Considering the concensus that intakes and DPs aren't worth the trouble or net much in gains, I'm pretty much done.

Also, there's really no point in buying everything from one brand. Especially what mishimoto and Cobb ask for their stuff.

Remember, their all compatible with each other. It's not like a mishimoto IC won't work with depo piping. They are each designed as upgrades that work with oem hard parts and therefore will obviously work with one another. If I ever run into a used DP, I won't worry about it working with my MAP exhaust because I know if the my exhaust mates to the stock DP and the aftermarket DP mates to the stock exhaust, well you get my point.

I saved at least a grand mixing and matching. That allowed me to also buy coilovers with the savings. The hell with being a mishimoto (or Cobb) fanboi lol

Nothing at all wrong with mixing and matching. You just need to be careful not to just jump at the cheapest options without research. I don't consider myself a Cobb fanboy at all, but I have come to trust the quality of Cobb and Mishimoto. Certainly other good brands out there, but we've also seen "direct fit IC's" that needed some work to get them in. We've seen welds on products that look like someone's first try, and we've seen CC's that have given a number of it's buyers problems.

On mods that do not require much in the way of fitment, I'm the first to save money. I spent $5 on a hardware plug for my symposer delete that's every bit as good as any of the plugs sold for stupid money. I am learning the good brands from my personal purchases (Cobb, Mishi, FSWerks) as well as other forum members pictures and experiences.

One of my other hobbies is guns. When I buy a gun I do plenty of research, and I already have my favorite brands from experience. I could get guns costing much less that still go bang when you pull the trigger, but I care a lot about quality and pass on those.....

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Agreed. I didn't buy that IC with the fitment issues. In fact I've written him off completely. But Cobb's IC with piping is $895. Depo, 529. I refuse to believe that there is a $366 increase in quality or performance. Especially when they look dam near identical. Sure, the internal fins may be different but there's truly only so many ways to skin a cat. Even if the Cobb is better, the 40% increase in price will not translate into 40% cooler IATs. Research Depo and other more reasonably priced options before buying on brand rep alone. That's all I'm saying.

It's like the iphone. They won't connect and play Spotify, for example, without a direct USB connection to the car. They just announced that they will begin using OLED screens while Samsung and others have been doing it for yrs. Buy what works not what has the budget/staff/PR to advertise themselves as the best. It's often not the case and you end up spending way more than u have to.

And I hear you on guns. I went with a Beretta and a Walther. After much research of course ;)

Agreed. I didn't buy that IC with the fitment issues. In fact I've written him off completely. But Cobb's IC with piping is $895. Depo, 529. I refuse to believe that there is a $366 increase in quality or performance. Especially when they look dam near identical. Sure, the internal fins may be different but there's truly only so many ways to skin a cat. Even if the Cobb is better, the 40% increase in price will not translate into 40% cooler IATs. Research Depo and other more reasonably priced options before buying on brand rep alone. That's all I'm saying.

It's like the iphone. They won't connect and play Spotify, for example, without a direct USB connection to the car. They just announced that they will begin using OLED screens while Samsung and others have been doing it for yrs. Buy what works not what has the budget/staff/PR to advertise themselves as the best. It's often not the case and you end up spending way more than u have to.

And I hear you on guns. I went with a Beretta and a Walther. After much research of course ;)
No arguments on the Cobb not being 40% better. Remember, you don't pay that much with the Stage upgrades. And on top of the Stage upgrades, I negotiated a further discount on my exhaust. But we agree. Just need to stay away from certain products. Others are great.

As for Apple, there is so much more to the Apple platform than the iPhone. I like Android, used to have it. And yes they do things that Apple hasn't yet. But the vise versa applies especially with their Mac products. PC's and Windows are dinosaurs comparatively, and most iPhone users like not just the phone, but the integration into everything else Apple. I'm talking about completely seamless integration, not workarounds like Google contacts, etc.

Beretta and Walther are great. My other favorites are HK, Sig, CZ

Back on topic...........

FistSt215

Forgot to add Depo charge pipes I order too (199.95). To be honest the rmm can wait and I will eventually get a Cobb