Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

x37-47 / 2554-60 / C39 / ST280 - Small Turbo Comparison Thread

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Just got word, Adam is no longer selling these turbos. :(

So if we want them we have to get them from Pumaspeed directly and those guy's customer service sucks.
Should look into the c39, I hear SS workmanship is heaps better, is ut the better hybrid? We'll find out soon enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many of you ordered direct from puma speed? Since Adam@Tune+ is no longer going to carry these turbos, I'm wondering the turn around on getting it from puma direct.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've emailed them twice about different things and no answer. I personally wouldn't risk it. Maybe if you call them??? I'm going Cyborg C39 or Mountune for my hybrid.

Ish

How many of you ordered direct from puma speed? Since Adam@Tune+ is no longer going to carry these turbos, I'm wondering the turn around on getting it from puma direct.
I did. I just purchased it without emailing them lol. I received an email explaining about the core deposit(which i never gave them) then randomly 2-3 weeks later the status on my order changed to shipped. During that time they would never respond to my emails and actually the only emails that got a response was after i shipped my core to them(i know i could have kept it since i didnt give a core deposit) and told them it was being held up at customs and they needed to pick it up.

Seems like everyones experience is the same from Puma, that they don't respond.

I can't imagine if there was ever a problem with the turbo's warranty how they would respond.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Seems like everyones experience is the same from Puma, that they don't respond.

I can't imagine if there was ever a problem with the turbo's warranty how they would respond.
FYI...

This was a while back in the x-37 Hybrid thread below...appears as if you need to go through this contact at PumaSpeed if you'd like to order an x37 hybrid from them directly...

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...d-Turbo-Thread?p=185294&viewfull=1#post185294

So far PumaSpeed's x37 still remains as my top choice for hybrid turbo....

I just got this email from Tony last night.
It may shed a little light on things.

"Hi David,

It seems there is a lot of misinformation about the x37 turbos We are still here We will always be here on email ,Facebook messenger, Whatsapp And even the old telephone...What we can't do is be everywhere and on all the forums not with the limited staffing and exponential amount of work we have...

I was warned about tune + some time ago and without being too rude he seems to be very mercenary and self centred as the other USA based trader suggested...He seems to have issued a statement that I cannot see but does seems to rubbish us a tad...

Maybe this statement coincides with the fact that he now has ten core units sat with him ,has sent 4 packages of 5 turbos back to us on our account and hasn't paid any shipping back to us for any of them...Two weeks ago we asked him to start paying the bills from FedEx as they had now arrived and he could be billed an honest and correct amount....Rather a coincidence I think....I am now stuck with no core and over 2000 dollars in my core plus a bill for return post X 4 or 5 times...

My personal whatsapp number is XXXXXX...Pumaspeed Facebook messages works well as does my Tony McQuire Facebook page....So why people can't get hold of us is beyond me???

Tony McQuire."
Thanks for reaching out to PumaSpeed Dave...Interesting to hear another side of the story...

It's also good to know there now may be a reliable contact moving forward for those who wish to purchase an x-37 Hybrid Turbo directly from PumaSpeed by contacting Tony@pumaspeed.co.uks...

Let's hope this also resolves some issues that a few of our members have had in the past with PumaSpeed with respect to ordering and lack of customer service responsiveness...

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm leaning twords sourskittles also. He is on top of his customer service. Very knowledgeable....gets you what you want.....most of all he owns a FiSt and know so how everything works and isn't just trying to sell you something. He will get my business when the time comes that is a definite and I look forward to it.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Reminder for those members that have turbo upgrades already installed here is a thread to let members know which upgrade you selected...You can also post supporting data and results here as well for others to review to help determine which upgrade best suits one's own personal goals...

Which Turbo Upgrade do you "currently" have installed?

And here are some specific turbo upgrade discussion threads on our forum listed below:

Official Pumaspeed X-37 Hybrid Turbo Thread

Cyborg Upgraded Stock Turbocharger System

DHM "Quick Spool" GT290r Turbo Kit Release!!!

PERON P3xx Twin-Scroll Turbo Thread

Turbo Upgrade - GT2554R or GT2560R? Expectations?