Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27293031323334353637383940414243444547 ... LastLast
    New Member 16 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Indio
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by DHM View Post
    This is the only C39 i have tuned on a chassis dyno. Stock Air box, Stock exhuast, and factory fit intercooler. Also the car did have a boost leak. Prob 10whp on the table max with that set up. We will hit the dyno again soon with exhuast, not stock air box and a bigger intercooler.

Stage2 plus ST280 93oct e30 by Russell Culver, on Flickr
    I and im sure others look forward to those results.

My 1 issue with the c39 it makes full boost a 3.5krpm but theres like a lag or something. The car just doesnt pull until much later in the power band. I race a random 370z with unknown mods and i destroy it by 2 cars though.

I was going to get it tuned by you but i rather wait and get a different turbo 1st.

And SS you shouldn't be calling your own customers cheap just cuz of your beef with adam. I wouldnt have to defend myself and talk crap back

Senior Member 390 Rep Points OffTheWall503's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Portland
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for pointing out the differences in price/power.

It's one thing to say that X is the best but another to point out what will work with your goals and a budget of Y. Not everyone can afford to throw $4,000 into a turbo setup for a sub $25,000 car.

Take my GT2554R for example, I know it's not the best, quickest spooling or highest power range turbo but I got it for a steal of a price from a local member, so I'm making the best of my budget.
    2016 Fiesta ST in Magnetic Grey - Build Thread SOLD

ATP Hotside Charge Pipe - Bilstein B8 Dampers - Denso Spark Plugs
    Euro Headlights - FSWerks Exhaust - GFB DV+ - Mishimoto Intake
    MTC FMIC - Rota Titan Wheels - Stratified E85 Tune - Swift Springs

Vendor Premier Vendor 829 Rep Points DHM's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Royal Oak
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kali323 View Post

My 1 issue with the c39 it makes full boost a 3.5krpm but theres like a lag or something. The car just doesnt pull until much later in the power band. I race a random 370z with unknown mods and i destroy it by 2 cars though.

I was going to get it tuned by you but i rather wait and get a different turbo 1st.

And SS you shouldn't be calling your own customers cheap just cuz of your beef with adam. I wouldnt have to defend myself and talk crap back
    The C39 hits full boost much sooner than that from the 3 that i have tuned. 3100-3200rpm in 3rd, in 4th its 2900rpm.

As for @Sourskittle i hope thats not what he is doing. We just hit our 300th ST tune and love every one of our customers just as if they where some off our big power builds. Right now i have @Pete in the shop doing a tear down for his new engine build that will have a x47 on it. All i can do is give our data and tell people what the difference between things are and recommend the best application. I have always learned if some buys something and they are not happy they will buy something else. So for those that get something like our ST280 or x47 and want more they will sell their old turbo and step up to the next level.

Russ
    Russell Culver
    Owner Of Dead Hook Motorsports LLC
    Price match guarantee on all your favorite brands!!! Click link above!
    LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
    Russell@DeadHookMotorsports.com

HOME OF THE FASTEST AND MOST POWERFUL FIESTAS AROUND!!!
    Official Cobb Dealer and ProTuner!! (Ford and Mazda)

Vendor Premier Vendor 829 Rep Points DHM's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Royal Oak
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kali323 View Post

The C39 hits full boost much sooner than that from the 3 that i have tuned. 3100-3200rpm in 3rd, in 4th its 2900rpm.

As for @Sourskittle i hope thats not what he is doing. We just hit our 300th ST tune and love every one of our customers just as if they where some off our big power builds. Right now i have @Pete in the shop doing a tear down for his new engine build that will have a x47 on it. All i can do is give our data and tell people what the difference between things are and recommend the best application. I have always learned if some buys something and they are not happy they will buy something else. So for those that get something like our ST280 or x47 and want more they will sell their old turbo and step up to the next level.

Russ
    Russell Culver
    Owner Of Dead Hook Motorsports LLC
    Price match guarantee on all your favorite brands!!! Click link above!
    LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
    Russell@DeadHookMotorsports.com

HOME OF THE FASTEST AND MOST POWERFUL FIESTAS AROUND!!!
    Official Cobb Dealer and ProTuner!! (Ford and Mazda)

New Member 16 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    Indio
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DHM View Post

Russ
    Did any of those have a ported manifold and/or had a turbosmart iwg. I was using ss custom iwg
    And whats your definition of full boost? I seen people with different opinions. I do hit 20 psi a little sooner than 3.5k rpm. 25psi at 3.5k

New Member 19 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Leeds
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 Likes

Hi Boys
    It's Tony from Pumaspeed

We are not known for spending time on forums unfortunately and especially Non European forums

I will happily answer all questions ref UK vs US cars and tuning and parts

I won't be looking here every hour on the hour as we actually do tune some cars through the normal working day

But email or pm is the best way to ask a question or two

Member 119 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    West Bloomfield
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pumaspeed View Post
    Hi Boys
    It's Tony from Pumaspeed

We are not known for spending time on forums unfortunately and especially Non European forums

I won't be looking here every hour on the hour as we actually do tune some cars through the normal working day

Welcome to the forums. Lot of people are looking forward to seeing results from the X47
    2016 GTI 6MT//2014 Fiesta ST 6MT//91 Miata 5MT

CP-E Intake, Depo IC, Depo DP, Deadhook Tuned on 93, 2J Spec BC Racing Coilover 6K/4K, TD 1.2 15x8 w/ 205/50/15 Star Specs ZII

Member 81 Rep Points letitreign's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Calgary
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pumaspeed View Post
    Hi Boys
    It's Tony from Pumaspeed

Hi Tony, welcome to the forums. Let me ask you something that i think a lot of people on here are curious about. The impression many of us have had for a long time is that the x-37 pushed the stock turbo to the limit, and anything more is not going to be reliable. Most people on here care a great deal about their car and thus are a little skeptical/hesitant to pull the trigger on the new x-47. Could you speak a little bit to the testing you did and perhaps the reliability that you expect?

Member 54 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    south portland
    State
    ME
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Tony, glad you're here.

Just want to let you know that I had a coolant leak from a casting flaw in the compressor housing which required me to pay to have my x-37 removed and new, stronger, bolts and crush washers installed to solve the problem. Someone told me that the housing isn't OEM, but came from China, but I have no idea whether that's true or not. For people who are their own mechanics this might be a minor problem, but as an ordinary customer, this became a major inconvenience and cost me some $$$.

Perhaps it would be helpful, given all the interest that the x-47 is generating, for you to spell out exactly what warranties apply to US customers and what exactly Pumaspeed will do in case of a problem such as I had.

Just to be clear: this isn't a case of sour grapes, I did pay to have the defect corrected and am really happy with the car as it stands (with your x-37, Quaife & accompanying mods the car runs great and is a blast to drive). I just think that it's really important for people to know, before buying, what support they can expect if something goes wrong.

New Member 19 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Leeds
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Ref the China quote
    100% no

ALL our core are genuine Ford OE.

We have never used any china centres as we need the whole old unit

Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27293031323334353637383940414243444547 ... LastLast