Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31333435363738394041424344454647484951 ... LastLast
    Member 82 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    SOUTH BOUND BROOK
    State
    NJ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinopolis View Post
    addressed above and on page 38
    i saw what was said on page 38 however right after that the castings were called into question and never answered which i find strange
    DHM PROTUNE, MTC INTERCOOLER, COBB 2.5" CATBACK WITH VIBRANT RESONATOR, CP-E CAI, GFB DV+, MBRP CHARGE PIPE, VELOSSATECH SNORKEL, BOOMBA STAGE 2 OCC, BOOMBA WING RISERS, BOOMBA SHIFT PLATE, MOUNTUNE FRONT SPLITTER, RALLY ARMOR MUD FLAPS, VELOSSATECH DIFFUSER FINS

Member 86 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Nope
    State
    LA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the only problem with the x37 is it runs out of fuel? Would the stratified xtra fuel system allow you to make more power?

New Member 21 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Indio
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lets not act like the other slower hybrid option doesnt have problems. From bad oil seals to someone leaking oil and could of ended up real bad. Pumaspeed is a legit company who does actual R&D. That doesnt mean you wont have problems with the x37/47 etc. Shit happens sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Member 124 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Washington
    State
    DC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

I guess this is what happens when there's competition.

By most accounts, both hybrid options seem to be of good quality, with a couple unlucky people having a problem with one thing or another.

I can't wait to see more results from both the X47 and the C39, and the continued development of this style of turbo. I'm in the market in the long term, so these developments are exciting to me. Hopefully no one gets run off by unnecessary drama.

Member 60 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    south portland
    State
    ME
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to restate what I said in my earlier post, that, despite having had problems because of a casting flaw, wherever it was cast, I'm happy with the X-37's performance after we got the coolant leak sorted out. It does seem that Pumaspeed is now taking the American market seriously with the X-47. I just regret having had to shell out the extra $$ to remedy the defect. In the greater scheme of things, not a big deal.

Senior Member 1292 Rep Points Hijinx's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Fairview Heights
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

3 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Based View Post
    So the only problem with the x37 is it runs out of fuel? Would the stratified xtra fuel system allow you to make more power?
    Not quite. Throwing aux fuel at a hybrid turbo won't do much for you. There's one member I can think of that tried it. He sold his car without much word of it. You run out of turbo before you run out of fuel. Meth is used to prevent knock when timing is pushed. So basically, you get about 250-260whp of turbo and to go higher the rest is timing and meth.

Some Guy On The Internet
    The Most Powerful FiST

What's that? Facts.

Can you prove me wrong?

Senior Member 218 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner re-rx7's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Ardmore
    State
    OK
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Not quite. Throwing aux fuel at a hybrid turbo won't do much for you. There's one member I can think of that tried it. He sold his car without much word of it. You run out of turbo before you run out of fuel. Meth is used to prevent knock when timing is pushed. So basically, you get about 250-260whp of turbo and to go higher the rest is timing and meth.

Some Guy On The Internet
    Absolutely true.
    16 Fist- Mountune MRX , Sourskittle port work, Cobb IC, Depo DP, FRPP catback, Accessport, Cobb springs, Map Intake, Cobb RMM, XXR 527 wheels, Fifteen 52 cup spoilers Purple Drank tuned

14' Fist Fully optioned SOLD
    Accessport- FRPP catback- Cobb Filter- Cobb RMM- Cobb FMIC- ATP DP-Cobb Springs-TF10 17x7 wheels-custom catch can

Member 82 Rep Points Crooked Letta's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Weymouth
    State
    MA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post

Some Guy On The Internet
    Correct, if you are meeting the AFR target for the designated airflow then adding more fuel does nothing. At this point a higher octane is needed or something like meth. First criteria is airflow, the next would be fuel, and then timing. So once your designated AFR is reached at this point only advancing the timing will gain more power in terms of tuning(more complicated but keeping it simple) . Advance too much and you create knock, this is where octane comes in and why running E blends yield more power due to their knock prevention.
    16 TB FiST: MAP Intake, ITV22 Plugs, Tune+, Cp-e RMM, Boomba STS & Bushings. Delrin Rack Bushings Diode Dynamics Reverse & Fog LED's.

Senior Member 866 Rep Points Sourskittle's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Lakeland
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meth also helps cover a poor intercooler choice. And fills the gap in ANY fueling issues you have at that level. 360whp on a single meth fogger, no Aux fuel.

So many benefits to meth, and it's so under rated on these cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    325Whp on E50/meth injection ( NOT BHP )
    315Whp on E30 no Meth
    110mph trap speed

Cyborg Stock Upgraded Turbo setup
    http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/t...charger-system

Senior Member 263 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner Perfblue15's Avatar

Medals
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourskittle View Post
    Meth also helps cover a poor intercooler choice. And fills the gap in ANY fueling issues you have at that level. 360whp on a single meth fogger, no Aux fuel.

So many benefits to meth, and it's so under rated on these cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You know as well as I do that meth a sketchy form of aux fueling at best. To achieve a reliable 330+whp on these cars aux fuel is necessary. Sure, water meth supplied what you needed for fuel for a little while but, we all know how your old motor ended.
    I love water meth as much as the next guy but I realize it's meant to add octane and a small bit of fuel system "range" over stock. It is not an auxiliary fueling solution. I'm sure on a small hybrid the stock fuel system and water meth is more then enough, but if you want big power the Aux fuel kit is where it's at.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    2015 Perf blue ST1 Current mods: Cobb; APV3, and rmm, Mishimoto; Oil cooler, oil catch can, and radiator, Bilstien B16 Coil Overs, Turbosmart BOV, Tial MVS EWG, Deadhook: symposer delete, Gen 2 pistons, Head studs, 360R turbo kit(Gen2 GTX2860), and race intercooler kit, CPE Intake, Custom 3 inch exhaust, Stratified Aux Fuel , 15x8 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 Wheels, 225/45R15 Nitto NT01 Tires, TB K-member, chassis and Trans tunnel braces, Pierce 4pt brace, Euro Headlights, Mountune splitter, and oil control, Fiesta RS Spoiler, Recaro Interior swap
    Proudly Tuned By Russ @DHM 387whp 334wtq

Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31333435363738394041424344454647484951 ... LastLast