Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    AncaSTer, Ontario
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
    You wouldn't know why, but some do. More-so when it's realized that you called me 'data-logger boy' (A title that I'm perfectly ok with, btw) and then chose the only tuner in the entire ST community (FiST and FoST) that won't allow his customers to share logs.
    lmfao - sorry, but that is ironically hilarious; guess we won't be getting any hard data from that installation!

I appreciate that several members have suggested "do a search", but I'm surprised no one has offered:

search "big turbo results" - http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/t...Results-Thread

or, for a different kind of data, "1/4 mile time" yields - http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/t...ist!-Post-Here

I'm not really surprised that Adam convinced you that the unit he sells is the way to go; Sourskittle would have convinced you the Cyborg is, DHM the Quickspool.
    (nothing against any of these options, I tend to lean toward one of the hybrids, down the road and I lean towards Adam as a tuner.)

We have to appreciate what different members experience has to offer. dyn085 is one of the GrandMembers here; his opinions are based on experience with this specific platform and always based on facts (hard to argue with that). Raam has a hell of a lot of experience on a wide variety of platforms including this one, his being one of the most heavily modded ST's out there, but he even has made mistakes (he's on his third turbo system - live and learn). He's obviously a go-to audio expert, as is anarctica.

We all have to live and learn. I appreciate that antarctica was an expert at MAF-tuned platforms at a point in time, but technology moves on, and apparently the ST's Bosch system is state-of-the-art, far removed from systems of even a few years ago.

We all need to inquire, learn, stand corrected and move on.

Member 134 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Palm City
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

FWIW, Adam recommended the X-37 to me over the Cyborg and GT2554 BEFORE he ever started to sell them. I didn't even buy mine from him. This was a small contributing factor amongst many other things in making my decision, but I think he started carrying them because of the results to be had - I doubt the profit margins are great.

Member 62 Rep Points johnnyaf87's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Bear
    State
    DE
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by MS67 View Post
    FWIW, Adam recommended the X-37 to me over the Cyborg and GT2554 BEFORE he ever started to sell them. I didn't even buy mine from him. This was a small contributing factor amongst many other things in making my decision, but I think he started carrying them because of the results to be had - I doubt the profit margins are great.
    Adam really isnt making a monopoly off the x-37 thats for sure as I was the first to purchase the x-37 from pumaspeed and shipped to DE. So i know the cost comparison between adam and pumaspeed. I am also the first to get the x-37 tuned in the states by adam (by anyone at that matter) and for an option that is reliable, super cost effective, and 1000% stock fitting it was the best call on hardware imo. All data sold on adams site came from my datalogs and track times. If anyone wants more questions on it ill be happy to answer any questions through PM.

Sent from my SM-G530P using Tapatalk

Senior Member 239 Rep Points WeTheNorth's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    WestCoast
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump:-)

Which is better cyborg or X-37? Idk where this may have been asked (don't get all worked up now) but I'm going to by buying in the next couple of months, just wanted to know how the new x37 worked out, but what's the differences between SS cyborg and x37?
    Thanks for the help

Member 226 Rep Points BronxBomber's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Orlando
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I've been thinking of which turbo upgrade to go with for sometime now. The X-37 seems to be the flavor of the month right now. Comparing the cyborg to the X-37, the cyborg looks to have the advantage when comparing hardware. There is plenty of recent documentation on the X-37 from various forum members who have shared there results. However, the X-37 seems to make more power from what I've seen posted. Sour Skittles has tuned the Cyborg to the ragged edge and made food power, but I want to know what I can expect running 93 as well as E-30. You don't see too much documentation from cyborg owners. I like that the cyborg is made by Sour Skittle's. He's a local guy and he puts out a quality product. He's been a great contributor to our forum and he is local to me. I have lifetime tunes with Adam at Tune+ So it would be easy for me to go the X-37 route. What I want to know is which turbo would make the most power when tuned appropriately. Adam tunes the x-37 and he does a great job because he is very familiar with it and it would behoove him and his business to do a good job tuning them. As of right now, I don't know of anyone who really tunes the cyborg and is familiar with it. Adam has toned a few, but it is probably counter productive to tune the cyborg as it is the direct competitor to the X-37. I'd like to know which one would be best for me. I'm full stage III, just look at my Sig. I'd like to make 280 WHP on E30 or E40 & 260 WHP on 93. If I went to cyborg route, I'm not sure who would tune it. Don't know if Russ @ DHM still tunes other turbos or if he just tunes the ones people purchase from him. Basically I'd like to see a full comparison of the cyborg and the X-37 so that I can make a better decision. Adam is my tuner so the X-37 would be easy in that regard. Sour Skittle's makes the cyborg and he's local to me as well as I like the fact that he does these himself and he's not some corporate entity. So there's some stuff to think about
    COBB AP V3 - COBB FMIC - COBB RMM - CFM BREATHER - MISHIMOTO CAI- FSWerks CATBACK
    DEPO CATLESS DP - GFB DV+ BOV - MISHIMOTO CHARGE PIPES with SYMPOSER DELETE
    MOUNTUNE SPRINGS - XXR 527 17x7.5 et +40, KUMHO ECSTA LE: 215/40/17,
    CYBORG 39 TURBO w/TURBO JACKET & BIG INLET - PORTED EXHAUST MANIFOLD w/HEAT WRAP

Senior Member 866 Rep Points Sourskittle's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Lakeland
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V just to give you a heads up, I would do the install for/with you either way. I hold no ill will towards anyone with a X37. I said for over 2 years that once a pro-tuner had a VESTED INTEREST in making good power with a hybrid, THEN we would see better results. And we have :)
    Notice how I still don't sell tunes? Lol.
    325Whp on E50/meth injection ( NOT BHP )
    315Whp on E30 no Meth
    110mph trap speed

Cyborg Stock Upgraded Turbo setup
    http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/t...charger-system

Medals
    City
    Orlando
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Bryan. You're a class act. Just hit me up when you have your core in.
    COBB AP V3 - COBB FMIC - COBB RMM - CFM BREATHER - MISHIMOTO CAI- FSWerks CATBACK
    CYBORG 39 TURBO w/TURBO JACKET & BIG INLET - PORTED EXHAUST MANIFOLD w/HEAT WRAP

Senior Member 529 Rep Points frankiefiesta's Avatar

Medals
    City
    forked river
    State
    NJ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

What are the X37 guys making on 93 & e30 NO METH? You aren't touching 300whp without meth (or with it for that matter) on these small turbos. I think there's been some truth stretching.. Or maybe I'm missing something?

I made 245whp on V dyno running e30 with my external wastegate cyborg. I have seen very few numbers from the x37, maybe because they aren't allowed to post v dyno's???

Edit: saw ms67 v dyno of e30. Made 270/300. So another 25whp on v dyno compared to cyborg. Would love to see more. Especially on 93. I saw 230-235whp on v dyno running 93. Is the x37 THAT great vs a cyborg? Maybe great marketing...
    If you want a lot of power your best bet is deadhook or figure out your own turbo kit

Senior Member 1306 Rep Points Hijinx's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Fairview Heights
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frankiefiesta View Post
    What are the X37 guys making on 93 & e30 NO METH? You aren't touching 300whp without meth (or with it for that matter) on these small turbos. I think there's been some truth stretching.. Or maybe I'm missing something?

I made 245whp on V dyno running e30 with my external wastegate cyborg. I have seen very few numbers from the x37, maybe because they aren't allowed to post v dyno's???

Edit: saw ms67 v dyno of e30. Made 270/300. So another 25whp on v dyno compared to cyborg. Would love to see more. Especially on 93. I saw 230-235whp on v dyno running 93. Is the x37 THAT great vs a cyborg? Maybe great marketing...
    If you want a lot of power your best bet is deadhook or figure out your own turbo kit
    What you won't see is how tapped out MS67s car probably is to make that kind of power. Adam would never allow the datazap to be seen.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener
    The Most Powerful FiST

What's that? Facts.

Can you prove me wrong?

Medals
    City
    Orlando
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    What you won't see is how tapped out MS67s car probably is to make that kind of power. Adam would never allow the datazap to be seen.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener
    Hey Hijinx. What did you put down Vdyno or real dyno, when you had your Cyborg?

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast