Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

x37-47 / 2554-60 / C39 / ST280 - Small Turbo Comparison Thread

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
And yet another Hybrid Turbo option in the near future to consider...

Always good to have more options!

View attachment 11096
Very interested in that !!
I hope they just used a stock turbo for the photo shoot because that looks like a stock inducer on that comp housing.

And of course that cooler isn't an option for us.

But it's still all interesting :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Very interested in that !!
I hope they just used a stock turbo for the photo shoot because that looks like a stock inducer on that comp housing.

And of course that cooler isn't an option for us.

But it's still all interesting :)

Here is the video (link below ~17min mark) which [MENTION=283]meFiSTo[/MENTION] posted in another thread ( Mountune MR265 Hybrid Turbo Kit Available for Pre-order (UK) ) where Verena Mei recently interviewed Randy @ Mountune about the new turbo that Mountune USA will be offering in the near future...Randy mentions midway in the video where they dyno'd both the shops FiST and his FiST with Mountune turbo upgrade @ ~275whp on ACN91 ...

https://www.facebook.com/VerenaMei/videos/1686100974755115/

I get the impression that Mountune will also be offering just the MRX Turbo alone ...

haste

1000 Post Club
Very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Mountune setup performs.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I'd stay away from freektune, stratified would be the most obvious choice as they tune heaps of cars and in this match with nothing to gain/ I've talked to Alex before I bought the x37, I felt he was honest about his opinion . Hence why I would vote Strat over DHM etc

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'd like to see Alex more active on our platform in general, as well as tuning hybrid turbos.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Just got off the dyno with my cyborg. Tuned at Cobb Plano in 95 degree weather it made 210whp on a mustang dyno with 93. Which is extraordinary! I'm on stock intake with drop in and stock catback. Car feels completely different. For comparison my old stage 3 pro tuned car on the same dyno only made 186 in 45 degree weather with 93. Just amazed at this turbo!

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Just got off the dyno with my cyborg. Tuned at Cobb Plano in 95 degree weather it made 210whp on a mustang dyno with 93. Which is extraordinary! I'm on stock intake with drop in and stock catback. Car feels completely different. For comparison my old stage 3 pro tuned car on the same dyno only made 186 in 45 degree weather with 93. Just amazed at this turbo!
My cyborg made 209whp on a mustang dyno when I let these VW guys tune it. They couldn't figure it out for shit. I let Russ tune it (DHM) and I'm sure now if I put it on a mustang dyno it would make closer to 230whp

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
My cyborg made 209whp on a mustang dyno when I let these VW guys tune it. They couldn't figure it out for shit. I let Russ tune it (DHM) and I'm sure now if I put it on a mustang dyno it would make closer to 230whp
I trust Cobb. They developed the software. Plus they always tune a little on the conservative side which I appreciate. I may look into a more aggressive tune later but I'm
Happy for now. Hot as balls in that dyno hall.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I had the very first Cyborg, 5200 ft, 91 octane, 220 WHP but VD not a Mustang, FAR superior to the stock turbo in every way meaningful when driving the car, no donkey kick was fine by me:)

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I had the very first Cyborg, 5200 ft, 91 octane, 220 WHP but VD not a Mustang, FAR superior to the stock turbo in every way meaningful when driving the car, no donkey kick was fine by me:)
I'm loving it. Interesting enough there was a guy that dynoed a month before me in the same conditions with a 2560. He had the 2j intake and an exhaust but only made 10 more whp than me. Spooled way later as well.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I trust Cobb. They developed the software. Plus they always tune a little on the conservative side which I appreciate. I may look into a more aggressive tune later but I'm
Happy for now. Hot as balls in that dyno hall.
Only reason I say the guys who tuned my car didn't know what they were doing was because they told me. Said they had to get in contact with Cobb for some questions and to bring the car back.. I said no thanks. Car was losing boost, by redline it was down to 16psi. Now tuned by DHM it holds 25 and slowly falls to 23 by redline

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
In my current time I hold 25psi all the way to 6,700 RPM on 93. Feels good that it doesn't fall on its face anymore.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Only reason I say the guys who tuned my car didn't know what they were doing was because they told me. Said they had to get in contact with Cobb for some questions and to bring the car back.. I said no thanks. Car was losing boost, by redline it was down to 16psi. Now tuned by DHM it holds 25 and slowly falls to 23 by redline
Mine held 24 to redline. dropping off a little. I blame the stock exhaust and intake. Next up is a intake.

In my current time I hold 25psi all the way to 6,700 RPM on 93. Feels good that it doesn't fall on its face anymore.
I cant say enough how much better it feels, I know exactly what you mean.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It was posted in another thread but word is no Hybrid from Mountune but a BT kit like the MRX FoST kit. US market that is.
ya knooooowwwww, I was reading about the FoST kit on their site just yesterday to get some idea of what our kit would be like. And yea, it's a BT kit but I was hopeful. Thanks for crushing my dreams lol Their kit woulda been soft anyway ;)

You have cyborg39 available and also the wildcard that nobody has tried (that I'm aware of..) peron
Oh I absolutely have my eye on Bryan's new kit! I watch his threads closely. As soon as I have the money I'm sending him my spare mani to port.

Now, I only knew about the peron twinscroll. An exciting flavor of the week but once the dyno charts showed the shitty spool, that thread died off pretty quickly. lol Thanks to you (and Google) I'm bumping the C39 to 2nd the place as the Peron hybrid also sports porting & compressor/turbine upgrades BUT is CNC machined. I'm under the assumption that the C39 (and x37 for that matter) is ported by hand... I'm all for the personal touch but I'm I.T. and can't ignore the consistency and reliability of CNC machining.

In the end it comes down to customer support. I had written off the x37 a while back when I emailed them for warranty info and got crickets. Now to email peron and see what happens. We all know Bryan is good on that front. Either way I've grown bored of OTS stg 3. Somebody is getting my dollhairs!