Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

x37-47 / 2554-60 / C39 / ST280 - Small Turbo Comparison Thread

masonsturbos

I'm just comparing the c39
To x47.
On Cali 91, x47 made 269/298
On e30 the x47 made 292/300
20psi at 3000 and max- 24psi- at 3200.
From the 93 vdyno I just saw from Russell, I see 270/300 on 93 and 20psi at around 2600 and max boost- 26ish?- at 3200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
PumaSpeed x37 verses x47 Comparison - e10/CA91

FORUM NAME: Ish
TURBOS: PumaSpeed x-37 verses x-47
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: Injen Intake, 2j-Racing DP, MBRP Cat-back, Mishimoto J-Line FMIC, Turbosmart IWG, GFB DV+
FUEL: e10 (91ACN)
DYNO OR V-DYNO: V-Dyno
TUNER: Tune +

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
PumaSpeed x-47 Hybrid Turbo Results: e10(CA91) and e30(CA91)

TURBO: PumaSpeed x-47
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: Injen Intake, 2j-Racing DP, MBRP Cat-back, Mishimoto J-Line FMIC, Turbosmart IWG, GFB DV+
FUEL: e10 (91ACN)
RESULTS : 269whp / 295wtq (3 runs averaged)

TURBO: PumaSpeed x-47
FUEL: e30 (91ACN)
RESULTS : 288whp / 303wtq

Based

To x47.
From the 93 vdyno I just saw from Russell, I see 270/300 on 93 and 20psi at around 2600 and max boost- 26ish?- at 3200.

The 93 dyno was for c39?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DHM1

1000 Post Club
To x47.

I would expect the x47 is able to spool a little faster with a larger exhaust wheel and smaller compressor wheel. Think of the compressor wheel as rotating inertia and the exhuast wheel as the torque to spin that compressor wheel. the bigger the exhuast wheel the more torque it can apply. Its like gear ratios or those big water wheel generators bigger the more torque. With that said just becuase it can spool faster than 2300rpm doesnt mean it should. The math behind cylinder pressure, MBT, knock resistance and other factors will show why.

As for you comparing boost curves if you want to compare two completely different cars as a choice as to what turbo to buy that would not be the smartest thing. Also each tuner ramps and uses diff boost control. The approach i take is different than most and i even do sock turbos similar. its a safety thing in my eyes and it kills the tires anyway haha no need to ramp it in any harder. You can see in the log that it plateaus at 2500rpm at like 23psi. But in the VD its a nice radius into boost not a spike up and then flat. I prefer this method. Most customers like the smooth linear feel. Also not having that spike of cylinder pressure is much better. doing OEM tuning like i have there is alot more going on that most dont realize.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
FORUM NAME: BigmanLittleCar
TURBO: DHM ST280 (C39)
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: DHM Factory Fit Intercooler, DHM 3" Turboback, Cobb intake (STOCK Airbox), DHM 17psi Turbo Smart WGA, Tubosmart Plumb Back BOV
FUEL: e10 (93ACN)
TUNER: DHM
RESULTS : 272whp / 302wtq (2 runs averaged)

masonsturbos

Considering it's California 91 vs 93- I had a very noticeable difference in power between 91 and 93 here in Missouri...
your 0-60 test is very ironic. I should do that!

Each turbo X-37 C-39 and X-47 will have its merits, as will each tuners boost control and the limits each tuner wishes to push the car to.

What ignition does Adam vs DHM run for instance ? these are the secrets these pulls cant show you

just enjoy the spool and daily driving ability of the hybrid. make your choice run with it and the tuner you feel suits you.

For the best power the most important thing we find is that you have to maximize the intake / exhaust breathing capability and the air charge temp / flow if peak numbers are to be the real goal.

Big intercoolers are brilliant for flow and cooling but do create a small element of lag as do some over sized boost pipework.
Select the correct cooler and flow combo for you and your climate.

Texas - boy you need some cooling, go big
Alaska - keep it small and compact and you will have the spool, of your life

we see boost much earlier than ISH's car here in the UK although we do start pulling from much lower on the road.
my first claims about spool and boost are totally correct for the UK boys

Next batch of X-47 are 10 days away .. all sold out at Panda and Pumaspeed of the first 12

It does have the whistle. I agree with Pumaspeed. Look at the numbers and reviews from owners and see what suits you. Crazy haggling over a few hp here and a few lbs there. I think they both can be great options. I just happen to have the C39 due to ease of getting it and dhm being 10 minutes away.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
It does have the whistle. I agree with Pumaspeed. Look at the numbers and reviews from owners and see what suits you. Crazy haggling over a few hp here and a few lbs there. I think they both can be great options. I just happen to have the C39 due to ease of getting it and dhm being 10 minutes away.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yeah good thing DHM isn't anywhere near me, id be driving around with a built engine 100% . The man knows what he's doing and does it with ease. I highly recommend people seeing it on the tshirt drivings yt channel.

Pete

Yeah good thing DHM isn't anywhere near me, id be driving around with a built engine 100% . The man knows what's he's doing with ease and you can see it in the tshirt drivings yt channel.

Thanks for the shout out on my YouTube channel :) I am a fan of all the hybrid turbos. I especially can't wait to be driving around with the x47 paired with the built engine. When my car is up and running you can expect another video review of the new turbo and my impressions of it.