Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

x37-47 / 2554-60 / C39 / ST280 - Small Turbo Comparison Thread

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
As for everyone arguing and bickering. Making claims to tarnish the next person just stop. That shit hurts everyone's business. In the end the product and content will speak for its self...
Russ
Thank you Russ!

I couldn't agree more...This constant bickering and denigrating behavior by the same few forum members does need to stop...From the complaints I've been receiving lately it been very off putting to many of our members and is not at all helpful nor constructive...

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Yeah I see it as pretty immature. It makes me weary to trust anyone on here because it seems like everyone has their own product they're trying to push on you or talk up.
I agree. Part of what we do is tuning. Sure I would like to sell more turbo kits. But talking down other products is a loosing battle. We have been doing our kits for almost 2 years. Never had a failure and have held pretty much every record for the last 2 years. I don't need to put people down. If the x47 make 300whp in everyone's car on 91/93oct it will be a epic option for people. I would love to tune them. I got [MENTION=1650]Pete[/MENTION] in the shop today and he is getting a built DHM engine to go with his new x47. Can't wait to tune the package.

In the last two of doing what we do. Time will tell all and the good products will stand out and last the test of time.

Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think we all need to let the data do the talking. There's too much drama on these forums by the same few people honestly.

If the x47 make 300whp in everyone's car on 91/93oct it will be a epic option for people.
I don't think any hybrid turbo is claiming to make 300whp in everyone's car on 91/93 octane. I think just being a 300whp capable turbo at $1,400 makes it an epic option regardless. I should have mine this tax season if you're ready to tune another haha.

In the last two of doing what we do. Time will tell all and the good products will stand out and last the test of time.
Preachhhhh [rockon]

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
With respect to the new x-47 hybrid its encouraging to see that we already have at least 4 other FiSTs we know of (3 of them from members here on our forum) that are currently in the process of having x-47s installed, tuned, and dyno'd by a few different tuners with various mods installed and different fuel types (91, 93, e30, and e40)...This should provide us a much better understanding as to what to expect performance wise from this new hybrid turbo....And as others have already mentioned we should let the data speak for itself...

Hi Russ
At no point did I single your product or disrespect it.
I mentioned ATP and DHM in the same sentence, I mentioned it as a big power kit which is a complement and a fact that all big turbo conversions from their nature will have associated lag was also my inference ,it was not a direct hit at DHM you or ATP for that matter

We run 20-30 of the big Garrett based kits and customers love them so we know exactly where they spool , we did two yesturday!

If you took offence to that statement then I apologise

grnmachine02

Can I ask why my comment was deleted? I think my question is an important one. One person says these cores are made in China, while the other says they are OEM cores.

Someone, is about to caught in a lie. That would heavily influence which product I decide to buy.

Rhinopolis

I am presently completing tuning with the X37, turbo smart, 2JR, catted DP, 3" Injen, and on E30. I utilize Virtual Dyno and as a means for comparison only, and on my 1st revision since installing the 2JR I am seeing roughly 20 lbs more peak wheel torque and 11 more peak wheel horsepower.

Outside ambient temps are currently ideal and in the high 40 F range, and originally when I installed/tuned and datalogged the temps were Houston Summer "lows" of near 87F.

Once I settle my tune with the 2JR, I will visit a real Dyno Dynamics Dynometer in Houston to see what it has to say. I bring this up only because so much back and forth in this thread, with most (like myself) appearing to be interested in a 260-280 whp inexpensive and reliable turbo option.

Virtual Dyno and with my current setup has me past that (292/296 as of yesterday), and on 215-40-17's and 17x7.5" wheels I can't hit full boost in 2cd gear without obliterating traction. In 3rd gear and once I hit 5k rpms my tires can be felt slipping a little, and I ran a FBO/tune Focus ST the other night and walked him.

My goals are simple, and if this isn't "quick" for a car that I bough new for $18,300 plus TT&L then I don't know quick. One day and when I decide to move beyond my current level, I will be contacting DHM for an engine build plus big turbo package. For now, my car is the tits IMO

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can I ask why my comment was deleted? I think my question is an important one. One person says these cores are made in China, while the other says they are OEM cores.

Someone, is about to caught in a lie. That would heavily influence which product I decide to buy.

I've had comments deleted also.... your not the only one being watched. But I agree with what you said about China or oem.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Anyone that wants that question addressed, feel free to PM me. I'll show you the videos of both. You can decide for your self. I've actually posted these before, it's pretty clear. I'm not posting anymore on the open forum about it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TUX15ST

I believe they are still concerned with the casting differences and the fact that pumaspeed has not addressed this at all and posts are either being ignored or delete

grnmachine02

X37 - X47 / 2554 - 2560 / C39 / ST280 - Small Turbo Comparison Thread

Pumaspeed already said their piece, so what more would you like?
Honestly I don't really know. I guess there will never be an answer. It will always be a he said she said.

I'm not trying to stir up anything. Someone will be getting my money for a turbo. I also don't care if the core is Chinese, I just want to know what I'm getting.

Rhinopolis

Ref the China quote
100% no

ALL our core are genuine Ford OE.

We have never used any china centres as we need the whole old unit
I believe they are still concerned with the casting differences and the fact that pumaspeed has not addressed this at all and posts are either being ignored or delete
Addressed above and on page 38

Rhinopolis

I have no skin in this, and I bought my x37 on the 1st group buy through Tune+ at the start of the summer. At this point it's "he said, he said", and you can believe whomever you like. SS is a good dude, and Pumaspeed is well known for what they do. The choice is up to us to decide.