Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

x37-47 / 2554-60 / C39 / ST280 - Small Turbo Comparison Thread

Makes no sense[emoji23][emoji23] shipping is the same cost for everyone. If you can cross the border I'm sure the shipping will be free. When I sent my core back to Adam from BC to Minnesota it was 70$Cad.

I would worry about buying the right turbo instead of worrying about 10-20$, if that amount will change your purchase choice, well maybe you shouldn't be buying performance parts:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why not? If the unit is a proven one and is cost effective, I don't see a draw back to it. Seems like 4-5 people are making these hybrid turbos and I'm wondering how much and if at all anything really creates a noticeable difference.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Why not? If the unit is a proven one and is cost effective, I don't see a draw back to it. Seems like 4-5 people are making these hybrid turbos and I'm wondering how much and if at all anything really creates a noticeable difference.

I hear ya, maybe ask the guy who's selling his c39 after a couple weeks of ownership and is willing to take a big hit on $$$ maybe he knows something about the c39 that we don't?

That has to mean something but everyone's different:)

There seems to be a lot of unnecessary bs and useless talk in this thread. Hence my previous comment about a dyno graph thread.

This should be controlled by moderators and certain sections deleted. I've been on car forums since the light of them and this never resolves anything.

20+ page thread with about 3/4 of useless reading.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Why do pumaspeed x37 and x47 threads get stickied on the forum? Are they a paying vendor? Or do the admins just like those turbos the best? Honest question.
No favorites and we did have more than just pumaspeed turbo threads stuck but thanks for bringing this to our attention...

These specific turbo threads listed below are all now all stuck...If you guys know of any turbo threads that should be stickies just let us know...

And btw SourSkittle is not listed as vendor either but the cyborg turbo thread is now stuck as well...

Official Pumaspeed X-37 Hybrid Turbo Thread

Cyborg Upgraded Stock Turbocharger System

DHM "Quick Spool" GT290r Turbo Kit Release!!!

PERON P3xx Twin-Scroll Turbo Thread

Turbo Upgrade - GT2554R or GT2560R? Expectations?

Big Turbo Results Thread

PumaSpeed's New X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

X37 - X47 / 2554 - 2560 / C39 / ST280 - Small Turbo Comparison Thread

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
There seems to be a lot of unnecessary bs and useless talk in this thread. Hence my previous comment about a dyno graph thread.

This should be controlled by moderators and certain sections deleted. I've been on car forums since the light of them and this never resolves anything.

20+ page thread with about 3/4 of useless reading.

Believe it or not we've (Admins / Mods) have had to step in and tell the same few members to remain on topic more times than I'd like to count now....And I know its probably hard to believe but this thread in particular has also been cleaned a number of times over the past few months with off topic and attacking posts removed...And even after all these requests to remain on topic and subsequent thread cleaning it appears that its still the same few members on this forum that repeatedly find the need to go off topic or denigrate other competitors / vendors rather than engage in constructive and informative comparisons and discussions...

[HR][/HR]
This is the last time I mention this and if I have to step in once again we'll just close this thread and begin to issue infractions to repeat offenders ...And I assure you we don't enjoy doing this, but this behavior has gone on long enough...

So please for lets stay on topic....

"X37 - X47 / 2554 - 2560 / C39 / ST280 - Small Turbo Comparison Thread"

Any further off-topic comments will be removed...

Yea 10k on a 25k car. If I was you, I wouldn't go around bragging about that dude. An absolutely moronic was to waste money.
I've spent 10k on mine in the last two months. I don't consider it a waste of money, in fact I consider it a huge savings. My original plan was to buy an RS, I would have been in for about another 20k right off the bat and then I would have likely spent another 10k or more on modifications anyway.

I've never understood the whole "well, for (insert dollar amount) more you could have had a (insert more expensive vehicle that the speaker prefers)". Like if I purchased a different car I would just leave it alone, yeah.... that's gonna happen.

I've spent 10k on mine in the last two months. I don't consider it a waste of money, in fact I consider it a huge savings. My original plan was to buy an RS, I would have been in for about another 20k right off the bat and then I would have likely spent another 10k or more on modifications anyway.

I've never understood the whole "well, for (insert dollar amount) more you could have had a (insert more expensive vehicle that the speaker prefers)". Like if I purchased a different car I would just leave it alone, yeah.... that's gonna happen.
You put 10k into a FiST and it will take you far, I put 10K into my FoST I get a sub performing Focus at an RS price. I mean look at the thread we are in, talking about Hybrid and small turbos pushing 250-300WHP on pump in a car that weighs around 2700, why wouldn't you be ok with putting money into this platform??? Some vehicles are just an amazing starting point, some you really do scratch your head at but the FiST is deff not one of them.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
You put 10k into a FiST and it will take you far, I put 10K into my FoST I get a sub performing Focus at an RS price. I mean look at the thread we are in, talking about Hybrid and small turbos pushing 250-300WHP on pump in a car that weighs around 2700, why wouldn't you be ok with putting money into this platform??? Some vehicles are just an amazing starting point, some you really do scratch your head at but the FiST is deff not one of them.
I was going to point out your spending as of late when you commented last but I know I'm not crazy for spending the money that I have. I like when people under estimate me on the road and I just leave them in the dust, also, why wouldn't one want a fun and enjoyable daily... beyond me!

Also have to say , that's why I like the fist, 32k OTD. I also knew I would want to mod, I don't regret anything with this car/mods.

Test drive any FiST with a hybrid and you'll see why you'd want to spend the money.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Why do pumaspeed x37 and x47 threads get stickied on the forum? Are they a paying vendor? Or do the admins just like those turbos the best? Honest question.
We stickied threads because we feel it's informative for our members even if they aren't a paying vendor. The last thing you want are admins that don't put their member interests first and push products because they get paid to do it.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Agreed with this, we actually really go out of our way to not censor posts but this thread has been cleaned up countless times so that we can help keep things on topic.

Believe it or not we've (Admins / Mods) have had to step in and tell the same few members to remain on topic more times than I'd like to count now....And I know its probably hard to believe but this thread in particular has also been cleaned a number of times over the past few months with off topic and attacking posts removed...And even after all these requests to remain on topic and subsequent thread cleaning it appears that its still the same few members on this forum that repeatedly find the need to go off topic or denigrate other competitors / vendors rather than engage in constructive and informative comparisons and discussions...

[HR][/HR]
This is the last time I mention this and if I have to step in once again we'll just close this thread and begin to issue infractions to repeat offenders ...And I assure you we don't enjoy doing this, but this behavior has gone on long enough...

So please for lets stay on topic....

"X37 - X47 / 2554 - 2560 / C39 / ST280 - Small Turbo Comparison Thread"

Any further off-topic comments will be removed...

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Just want to say how impressed i am with the performance of this turbo! I have [MENTION=2280]bigmanlittlecar[/MENTION] 's Fiesta ST for some exhaust testing and with the stock exhaust out of there it really opened up for some more power. With our race intercooler going on it will make solid power all year around in all temps on the road and on the track!

2015 Fiesta ST
DHM ST280 Kit (C39 Turbo, 17psi TS WGA, TS Bov)
DHM Factory Fit intercooler
DHM 3" Catless Downpipe
(NEW!!) DHM 3" Vband Exhaust
DHM 93oct tune
Cobb intake (STOCK Airbox)

Here you can see a 3rd gear and 4th gear back to back making solid 270whp on 93oct!!

Here is a log of some peak boost testing you can see its make boost fast and makes for a awesome driving experiance

Here is the kit we offer!

http://deadhookmotorsports.com/Fiesta-ST/Fiesta-ST-Turbo-Upgrade/DHM-ST280-Fiesta-Turbo-Package

This comes as a turn key package! The WGA is pre set and tested, Bov is installed and tested, and we also include new turbo in and turbo out gaskets. PLUS it comes with our DHM protune!!! killer deal for the money! If you have a WGA or BOV you can select it without and save!

Russ

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Just want to say how impressed i am with the performance of this turbo! I have [MENTION=2280]bigmanlittlecar[/MENTION] 's Fiesta ST for some exhaust testing and with the stock exhaust out of there it really opened up for some more power. With our race intercooler going on it will make solid power all year around in all temps on the road and on the track!

2015 Fiesta ST
DHM ST280 Kit (C39 Turbo, 17psi TS WGA, TS Bov)
DHM Factory Fit intercooler
DHM 3" Catless Downpipe
(NEW!!) DHM 3" Vband Exhaust
DHM 93oct tune
Cobb intake (STOCK Airbox)

Here you can see a 3rd gear and 4th gear back to back making solid 270whp on 93oct!!

Here is a log of some peak boost testing you can see its make boost fast and makes for a awesome driving experiance

Here is the kit we offer!

http://deadhookmotorsports.com/Fiesta-ST/Fiesta-ST-Turbo-Upgrade/DHM-ST280-Fiesta-Turbo-Package

This comes as a turn key package! The WGA is pre set and tested, Bov is installed and tested, and we also include new turbo in and turbo out gaskets. PLUS it comes with our DHM protune!!! killer deal for the money! If you have a WGA or BOV you can select it without and save!

Russ
Before and after with stock exhaust vs the bigger?

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Before and after with stock exhaust vs the bigger?
the before was done on a dynojet. It read 250whp that day but we did fine a boost leak and it wasnt my normal place so the fans sucked and CAT where 40-50 above ambient. Im guessing a solid 10-15whp gain after the exhaust. With these small turbos you need everything you can to make then efficient.

Russ

DHM1

1000 Post Club
How do you guys feel about a gfb dv+ on this setup vs the turbosmart plumb back bov?
Hands down the best bov is the Turbosmart Dual Port! Full mechanical, oring seal that is easy and cheap to replace if you needed, Full adjustable on pressure, sounds good, and out of everyone i have used i have not had one person not love it.

Russ