Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

x37-47 / 2554-60 / C39 / ST280 - Small Turbo Comparison Thread

Ish

Some people don't want 300hp FiSTs....sometimes I wonder if people have asked themselves for the longevity of this engine and stock internals should I push that much power through it? What's the future hold for the engine?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Im at 57k miles, swapped the stocker at about 30k and compression has stayed the same. IMO the stockers low end tq probaby does more wear and tear. Anyway, our engines are reliable considering every other ecoboost engine that isnt a 1.6l blows lol

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So with a number of business's offering the Cyborg hybrid out of business, what is the next best option for a just a solid one step up from stock with direct bolt on replacement? X27? X37? Thanks from a new owner!

DaveG99

so with a number of business's offering the cyborg hybrid out of business, what is the next best option for a just a solid one step up from stock with direct bolt on replacement? X27? X37? Thanks from a new owner!
x47

DaveG99

So those numbers don't indicate size, but generation? I don't want a lot of lag with huge surge of boost higher up, just a step up from the stock turbo...
The x47 is the newer version. It's a larger wheel inside it as well. I've driven an x47r turboed fiesta and its bad ass. Didn't notice anymore lag than stock and it just keeps pulling hard without the die off you get in the upper rpm's with the srock turbo. And i have heard from a reputable FIST tuner that the x47r doesnt put out any more power than the x47.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/11791-PumaSpeed-X-47-Hybrid-Turbo-Thread

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The x47 is the newer version. It's a larger wheel inside it as well. I've driven an x47r turboed fiesta and its bad ass. Didn't notice anymore lag than stock and it just keeps pulling hard without the die off you get in the upper rpm's with the srock turbo. And i have heard from a reputable FIST tuner that the x47r doesnt put out any more power than the x47.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/11791-PumaSpeed-X-47-Hybrid-Turbo-Thread
Thanks for the detail, appreciate it... Coming from a Korean 1.6T that is even peakier than our Ford unit, I think the Ford stock turbo actually pulls pretty smoothly all the way up to 6000 RPM at least... just looking for the best option for more power without additional lag, so this is good to hear, thanks... I can always go easy on the tuning and level of bolt-ons to keep the power reasonable until I'm ready to go higher too I suppose...

Has anyone had both an X47r and MRX setup? I've seen the numbers on both and curious to know of anyone's personal preference and why.

Im a little lost too. [MENTION=3995]jeff[/MENTION] never posted the relative comparison. The mrx will push the boundary of safe power up-top . While the hybrids will feel like your car is on steroids. Right? Lol

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just go buy one...anyone...quit being such a cockwomble....all of you. Then go Dyno it and post your data....quit relying on someone else to make your decisions for you. I bought a Garrett from a memeber....I'm not looking for High Hp...just a little bump...just like coke.....there are a bunch of other components that I have that I am other are curious to what it will add to it's performance. I don't give two shits about what others think...as long as I like it it's all that matters.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Just go buy one...anyone...quit being such a cockwomble....all of you. Then go Dyno it and post your data....quit relying on someone else to make your decisions for you. I bought a Garrett from a memeber....I'm not looking for High Hp...just a little bump...just like coke.....there are a bunch of other components that I have that I am other are curious to what it will add to it's performance. I don't give two shits about what others think...as long as I like it it's all that matters.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
we have a turbo to add to the mix now
and just for the record, I'm NOT saying this option is larger or more powerful in any way than any other here, but it is an option we have IN STOCK now and it's a high quality option from revo technik
dyno results with revo software on a US spec vehicle as well as tuned with COBB from various tuners will be seen here soon enough

-Ron

and just for the record, I'm NOT saying this option is larger or more powerful in any way than any other here, but it is an option we have IN STOCK now and it's a high quality option from revo technik
dyno results with revo software on a US spec vehicle as well as tuned with COBB from various tuners will be seen here soon enough

-Ron
^^^^This^^^^!! [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
Im a little lost too. [MENTION=3995]jeff[/MENTION] never posted the relative comparison. The mrx will push the boundary of safe power up-top . While the hybrids will feel like your car is on steroids. Right? Lol
Copy pasted from a post I made the other day on a different:

Back a few months ago, one member who had a MRX and I did some friendly log-swapping and compared on virtual dyno. We intended to start a thread and post detailed information, but never got around to it because he moved and changed jobs and life got crazy for both of us and we never got all the data together. The hope was to get multiple tunes on different octanes and then dyno both cars and post results, discuss timing and boost and all the good stuff.

I do have one V-dyno chart that we did make from that though, but this is it. It's his 92 octane tune (Randy aka Mountune) and my 93 octane tune (Adam aka Tune+). It's not the best though, we're in entirely different climates (Spokane WA vs. Augusta GA) with different octanes and lots of other variables; he's catless, I'm catted. Different mod choices though the basics are the same.

This picture really shows a good representation of our discussions - his car felt more laggy but powerful when it finally kicked, but tapered off before redline; mine felt much quicker to spool and the power was more linear, keeping till near redline. The curves show it all. I think considering that he's catless, were we to have the same hardware the cars would put out about the same power on the same octane.

All in all I think they're both fine choices, it's all about how you want the car to feel.

Hosted on Fotki

There's a lot of info there. That im in no way qualified to comment on any of it. Both look more favorable than stock.

Thank you

jeff

2000 Post Club
There's a lot of info there. That im in no way qualified to comment on any of it. Both look more favorable than stock.

Thank you
Like I said it’s only a super basic comparison. Power is about the same, one spools faster and maintains power, the other has more lag but more kick but peters out a bit earlier. X47 feels like stock turbo with added top end; MRX feels like power band from stock turbo on steroids, shifted to the right about 1500rpms.

-Ron
Hey Ron,

I am not seeing this on your site yet. I am VERY interested in this.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
here's another revo turbo technics turbo update from our tester

again this turbo was installed in Arizona at Jesse's shop and Tuned by Adam Tune+

Jesse Elston O.K. so here is my final Vdyno on the finished tune. I was hoping to hit 350 but honestly that might of been too lofty of a goal as its still a hybrid I don't think any of the hybrids are going to be able to get there if this one didn't. Yesterday when I took this log it was in the high 80s so showed down a little bit from the previous vdyno. Real Dyno will be next week since they didn't have time today.

Boost was 25.8 on this run (I've noticed boost levels flux a few psi from temp changes so sometimes it hits 28 at night, this was one of the lowest i've seen the max boost hit which is great news since it still made great power!

here are all my engine related mods, REVO turbo, 2JR downpipe, 2JR side exit 3" exhaust HPS Intake w/K&N filter stratified single port aux fuel, MAP IC, Fuel is e54(straight from pump that's what we get here in AZ) Denso ITV22 plugs, Mishi IC pipes (except for hot side which is the REVO kit pipe(smaller than Mishi pipe) Turbosmart WG actuator, turbosmart 50/50 bov, 53k miles on internally stock motor. The only difference between by 330 vdyno on the x47 and REVO turbos were (the turbos obviously) and the lower mishi hot side pipe (doesn't work with revo kit) they were roughly taken 3 weeks apart weather has got significantly hotter though, but oh well.

Knowing what I know right now I am very happy with the REVO turbo and if I had the option to pick between REVO, x47, c39, MRX. This is the turbo I would pick. no doubt. I have a lot of experience with all the different turbos for our cars, I own a automotive shop and do a ton of work for all the local ST guys here in AZ. I've installed several X47s, 1 c39, several MRX and gtx2860's.

For reference I am a pumaspeed dealer and I do love the x47, it did me really well put about 10k miles on it and tracked it really hard over the last year. I don't necessarily consider the REVO or the x47 a upgrade over the other but I like the fit and finish of the REVO kit a lot better that the x47 and for that reason I'd choose it over the x47 if I was buying new from stock (andstill choose it over the mrx as well which was a very poorly put together kit imo) also the annoying whistle of the x47 which was almost unbearable at times doesn't do that at all with the revo turbo which is a welcomed freebie!

Thanks again to Ron Miller and Adam from Tune+ , have a couple track days next month excited to break some PB records!

jeff

2000 Post Club
Sounds like an X47 without the whistle. I look forward to seeing dyno results!

Pete

here's another revo turbo technics turbo update from our tester

again this turbo was installed in Arizona at Jesse's shop and Tuned by Adam Tune+

Jesse Elston O.K. so here is my final Vdyno on the finished tune. I was hoping to hit 350 but honestly that might of been too lofty of a goal as its still a hybrid I don't think any of the hybrids are going to be able to get there if this one didn't. Yesterday when I took this log it was in the high 80s so showed down a little bit from the previous vdyno. Real Dyno will be next week since they didn't have time today.

Boost was 25.8 on this run (I've noticed boost levels flux a few psi from temp changes so sometimes it hits 28 at night, this was one of the lowest i've seen the max boost hit which is great news since it still made great power!

here are all my engine related mods, REVO turbo, 2JR downpipe, 2JR side exit 3" exhaust HPS Intake w/K&N filter stratified single port aux fuel, MAP IC, Fuel is e54(straight from pump that's what we get here in AZ) Denso ITV22 plugs, Mishi IC pipes (except for hot side which is the REVO kit pipe(smaller than Mishi pipe) Turbosmart WG actuator, turbosmart 50/50 bov, 53k miles on internally stock motor. The only difference between by 330 vdyno on the x47 and REVO turbos were (the turbos obviously) and the lower mishi hot side pipe (doesn't work with revo kit) they were roughly taken 3 weeks apart weather has got significantly hotter though, but oh well.

Knowing what I know right now I am very happy with the REVO turbo and if I had the option to pick between REVO, x47, c39, MRX. This is the turbo I would pick. no doubt. I have a lot of experience with all the different turbos for our cars, I own a automotive shop and do a ton of work for all the local ST guys here in AZ. I've installed several X47s, 1 c39, several MRX and gtx2860's.

For reference I am a pumaspeed dealer and I do love the x47, it did me really well put about 10k miles on it and tracked it really hard over the last year. I don't necessarily consider the REVO or the x47 a upgrade over the other but I like the fit and finish of the REVO kit a lot better that the x47 and for that reason I'd choose it over the x47 if I was buying new from stock (andstill choose it over the mrx as well which was a very poorly put together kit imo) also the annoying whistle of the x47 which was almost unbearable at times doesn't do that at all with the revo turbo which is a welcomed freebie!

Thanks again to Ron Miller and Adam from Tune+ , have a couple track days next month excited to break some PB records!

Love the results. And can not wait for the dyno either. Possible to get the vdyno in smoothing 3? That torque curve looks very similar to the x47 that I was running before.