Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wheel width questions for aftermarket wheels

Since I'm too lazy to look thru the threads, here is a question.

Apparently tirerack.com recommends wheels no wider than 7" and tires no wider than 215 for the FiST due to febder clearance issues. I've seen a lot of people opt for 7.5" items...is there any clearance issue or not?

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
At stock height, you could easily fit a 9" wheel in there lol
Lowered, who knows, I'll find out soon

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Since I'm too lazy to look thru the threads, here is a question.

Apparently tirerack.com recommends wheels no wider than 7" and tires no wider than 215 for the FiST due to febder clearance issues. I've seen a lot of people opt for 7.5" items...is there any clearance issue or not?
No issues whatsoever. I'm running 8" on mine.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Levels performance has BC coils lowered about 1inch i believe with ESM wheels that are 17x8. Ask them what are they experiencing.

C. love

Tire rack errors on the side of caution as 99% of people want to slap on a rim and move on. I believe you can easily fit a super fat tire/wheel (thinking 235/40-17 on a 9) underneath the stock metal with some rolling and proper offset and lowering kept to a minimum or if you like stance stuff lots of camber and slammed with a pull. However, this is based on the 100's of other cars i have modified or help modify over the years I havent tried it on my own car just yet. I am also not afraid to make it work, most people are. Point blank Vendors and manufactures will recommend what they know fits as they dont want you calling them up crying something didnt work.

Some might say ok big shot if you know they will fit why havent you tried it? My fiesta is not at the top of the list of modifying and the crappy bolt pattern has few wheels available. Some day I might get around to it.

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
So does anyone know a decent wheel that comes in 17x7.5? I'm stuck on the Assetto Garas but cant seem to find them in 7.5! I've seen some of you guys getting other wheels in that width but I'm hung up on the Sparcos. Any recommendations?

PCA-1

I show a set of race black 17x7.5/4x108/42mm offset Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels in stock. This is a solid fitment with no issues.

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels are premium alloy, low pressure cast, heat treated, and shot peened. Add in a durable OEM finish. Weight is 18lbs. The Pro Race 1.2 is a proven motorsport wheel used in touring car championships around the world. These compare favorably to OZ Ultralegerra, and a bit stronger.

Pricing is $200 each/$800 for the set. Shipping to Cincinatti is $115. PM for order details. For more details on Team Dynamics, take a moment to look over this.

Quickie shop:

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
Ordered 7.5 width from Tire Rack and no issues.
What wheels did you get? I'm still vacillating on which to get. The Sparcos are still my faves but I've been thinking about the Team Dynamics wheels...I just don't want to spend a boatload either.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
So does anyone know a decent wheel that comes in 17x7.5? I'm stuck on the Assetto Garas but cant seem to find them in 7.5! I've seen some of you guys getting other wheels in that width but I'm hung up on the Sparcos. Any recommendations?
The wheels I bought are 17x7.5 and only weigh 16.3lbs plus they were only $606 shipped.
Motegi Mr125's

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I wanted to go with the widest tire possible, what can I get away with and how wide do I need to go to NOT have stretched tires and NOT have negative camber, effectively, literally the opposite of what you think of when people say "stance" or hellaflush. you know, meaty tires that can actually grab the ground worth a damn?

Can I get away with 245s? What width would I need to run 235, 245 or 255?

read also: maximum grip, maximum tire width, narrow tires on wide wheels are a sin.

I wanted to go with the widest tire possible, what can I get away with and how wide do I need to go to NOT have stretched tires and NOT have negative camber, effectively, literally the opposite of what you think of when people say "stance" or hellaflush. you know, meaty tires that can actually grab the ground worth a damn?

Can I get away with 245s? What width would I need to run 235, 245 or 255?

read also: maximum grip, maximum tire width, narrow tires on wide wheels are a sin.
I don't know from experience but i've seen many people saying 225's will rub so you'll probably have to do some serious work to get 235's to fit. The car is just too small and there's very little room to work with in the wheel wells. I'm going with 17x7.5 TD Pro Race 1.2s on a 215/40 tire. No stretch at all but also no bulge, pretty much the perfect tire fitment. ET40 offset to bring the wheel out a tiny bit so they will sit flush-ish and get rid of that factory sunken in look.

Google searching should help you see what tire width works on what wheel width etc. I think there's some rules of thumb you can use but i don't know them. As for a 245 fitting on a FiST though, that seems like it will be quite a feat.