Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wheel width questions for aftermarket wheels

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
its how I roll. suppressive [gunfire]
You need exactly the right color and bodystyle to make those wheels "work" visually, but a Black FiST is a great fit for it - your car is one of the few vehicles that'd work. Couldn't do those on a Blue FiST - maybe white though. Reminds me a bit of Audi's current wheel styling

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
comes with chrome inserts as well. but I think with the red interior lighting and recaro will be sharp.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Since I'm too lazy to look thru the threads, here is a question.

Apparently tirerack.com recommends wheels no wider than 7" and tires no wider than 215 for the FiST due to febder clearance issues. I've seen a lot of people opt for 7.5" items...is there any clearance issue or not?
No, and you will have no issues lowering as long as you have 42 offset or better with a 17x7.5 wheel.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I wanted to go with the widest tire possible, what can I get away with and how wide do I need to go to NOT have stretched tires and NOT have negative camber, effectively, literally the opposite of what you think of when people say "stance" or hellaflush. you know, meaty tires that can actually grab the ground worth a damn?

Can I get away with 245s? What width would I need to run 235, 245 or 255?

read also: maximum grip, maximum tire width, narrow tires on wide wheels are a sin.
215/40-17s are perfect on my car with 17x7.5s. The Dunlop Direzza D2s are absolutely fabulous tires.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I don't know from experience but i've seen many people saying 225's will rub so you'll probably have to do some serious work to get 235's to fit. The car is just too small and there's very little room to work with in the wheel wells. I'm going with 17x7.5 TD Pro Race 1.2s on a 215/40 tire. No stretch at all but also no bulge, pretty much the perfect tire fitment. ET40 offset to bring the wheel out a tiny bit so they will sit flush-ish and get rid of that factory sunken in look.

Google searching should help you see what tire width works on what wheel width etc. I think there's some rules of thumb you can use but i don't know them. As for a 245 fitting on a FiST though, that seems like it will be quite a feat.
Oh there is a "nice" stretched look, which is what I like. My 17x7.5 wheels and 215/40-17 tires were a PERFECT fit, and have a slight rounded side wall look (stretched). They actually fill in the wheel well 4mm too, so not as much gap. The problem with 40 offset or more wheels is that accentuate the gap

Attachments

OP
S
Thread Starter #27
I have these in my hotel room waiting to go on when I get home.

View attachment 583
Holy sheep droppings! That's a cool wheel but not something I could see on my Tux Black beauty. I'm so torn now between 7 inch Garas and 7.5 inch Team Dynamics....why did I buy this car in the first place I knew these things would happen and my wife warned me and I still did it. FML!

We get gift cards year round and never needed anything till I found they carried wheels I liked and so I got the wheels and neochrome open ended lugs free.