Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear Koni Shocks: Install

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Great information and video. Think I will pick up a set of the Koni's Yellow to keep my stock height for my rural area.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
GREAT write up on a great product! [thumb]

My only disappointment is that they are not externally adjustable while still on the car (like the 3rd gen f body Sports, they must be removed from the car to be adjusted). [:(]

This may actually prevent me from buying them, as much as I love Koni Sport dampers.

Do you still have the complete factory front setup on the car Phreak?

For those interested in a smoother ride and don't have the coin for the yellows, I recommend the stock front struts with Koni STR.T (orange) shocks on the rear. I installed them a couple of weeks ago and it has dramatically softened up the ride while still maintaining a sporty feel. I have had them on with Vogtland and stock springs and they both ride a lot smoother than with the stock shocks. The jostling I got when driving on the freeway has almost vanished completely and the car stays in the lane with greater ease. I can still hear a noise when driving over road joints (factory tires and wheels), but the noise is no longer accompanied by a jolt. They are currently on sale at Tire Rack http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=Koni&model=STR.T+Street+Strut&group=STR.T+Street+Strut&partNum=8050-1130&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Fiesta+ST&autoYear=2015&autoModClar= Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Phreak;

Did you end up leaving them on the FULL stiff rebound adjustment, or did you soften them at all, either for street or auto-x use??

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
For those interested in a smoother ride and don't have the coin for the yellows, I recommend the stock front struts with Koni STR.T (orange) shocks on the rear. I installed them a couple of weeks ago and it has dramatically softened up the ride while still maintaining a sporty feel. I have had them on with Vogtland and stock springs and they both ride a lot smoother than with the stock shocks. The jostling I got when driving on the freeway has almost vanished completely and the car stays in the lane with greater ease. I can still hear a noise when driving over road joints (factory tires and wheels), but the noise is no longer accompanied by a jolt. They are currently on sale at Tire Rack http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=Koni&model=STR.T+Street+Strut&group=STR.T+Street+Strut&partNum=8050-1130&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Fiesta+ST&autoYear=2015&autoModClar= Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
^^^Thanks, good tip! [thumb]

Great write up and video. Koni is quite archaic in their adjustment procedure. As an ex-Koni owner, I love my adjustments on my BC's.