Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone tried the GFB DV+

caliboy15

I've just gotta say, when I first installed mine I was skeptical coming from the turbosmart kompact BOV, especially because I wasn't used to how damn quiet the stock BOV is. This does not make it louder, but after having it on the car for a few weeks I can absolutely confirm that it holds boost more consistently and lets the turbo spool much smoother, particularly when heel-toeing and shifting quickly. It's not a night and day difference, but it's subtle in a very, very good way.
why did you switch from Turbosmart?

I got tired of hearing turbo flutter, particularly at low RPMs. The turbosmart is really well made and I liked that it was adjustable, but it just got annoying to me. When our turbos are spooling in mid-2000 RPMs, you're just constantly hearing noise from it. Plus, the GFB DV+ presents a marginal performance gain over stock that the turbosmart did not.

installed this 2 days ago, pretty straight foward and easy install.. i really fell in love with the flutter sound it made but today the flutter is completly gone im wondering if i may have done something wrong... someone may help..??

DangerMouse

installed this 2 days ago, pretty straight foward and easy install.. i really fell in love with the flutter sound it made but today the flutter is completly gone im wondering if i may have done something wrong... someone may help..??
I just installed mine a couple weeks ago and I only get the flutter sound when it's cold. I figured it was just being a little sticky since it's still cold out. Once it warms up its a consistent whoosh sound.

found the issue, took it back out today and the oil that ive put in the piston all gone after only 2 days, i putted grease and not its back making all the nice flutter noise i love!!

DangerMouse

Glad you got it figured out. I used lucas assembly lube on mine, used it without issues for years on a cobb bpv. I don't care either way what sound it makes, just wonder why it has the flutter sound but then goes away.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Mine never made any 'flutter' sounds. [dunno]

(But I am one of the few on here still on the factory intake/paper filter, so maybe that's why?)

DangerMouse

Mine never made any 'flutter' sounds. [dunno]

(But I am one of the few on here still on the factory intake/paper filter, so maybe that's why?)
Most likely. I just picked up a used map intake until my cpe gets here from the gb. I need to stay off eBay after adult beverages.

The flutter scared me at first, but since it only does it a couple times when cold, I figured that was normal.