Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone tried the GFB DV+

DangerMouse

Mine sounds exactly like that but only after cold start at low boost. Obviously I don't beat on it right away. What intake do you have?

I just installed the x47 with the DV+ and I have the flutter off throttle even at low boost and vacuum. From what I have read so far off throttle flutter isn't all that bad. WOT full boost flutter not so good. I actually sent a message to GFB tech support about it and even used a link to DVC's video as an example to see what the response is if they respond. They do say there may be some intake noise but I still believe what is happening is maybe a little bit of compressor surge. Not sure if I'm going to live with or not. They do say you can configure the DV+ 2 ways. You can actually remove the main spring to get it to function closer to stock. I'm assuming that spring load is keeping the turbo from blowing off the amount of air the stock one would at those conditions as to achieve better boost response and holding boost better between shifts.

http://www.gfb.com.au/whats-new/latest-news/69-dv-tech-tip

DangerMouse

Maybe that's why I only hear the flutter when it is cold because I am at low / no boost. I'll play around with it.

DangerMouse

I took the car or this morning and under normal driving while the car is still cold I will get a flutter 3-4 times, after that is a normal whoosh which is good.

I checked out gfb website and got this info.

Blow-off valve doesn't flutter, it makes a 'whoosh' sound:

If a car is making a fluttering noise when venting at high rpm and boost, then the BOV isn't doing its job. Contrary to popular belief the noise is actually emitted from the turbo, not the BOV itself.

With an aftermarket BOV fitted some non-detrimental low rpm fluttering does characterise certain cars (as mentioned above) particularly where a larger turbo and intercooler have been fitted.

When properly adjusted, the valve should make a clean PSSSH or Whoosh sound when venting a significant amount of boost. If you want your BOV to flutter a bit, try increasing the spring preload by turning the adjustment clockwise. It's perfectly safe to set your BOV up to cause some low-rpm flutter, as long as it vents with a whoosh at high-rpm and boost.

Obviously the dv+ isn't adjustable but I believe mine is working as intended. I am guessing the lubricant I used is sticky on cold starts and once it gets moving it's all good.

I still wonder why yours (rastok) flutters all the time.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
i dont really feel the boost hangs better with this tho... it looks to drop just as fast as before..
That does not sound right to me, I'm guessing that you have everything nice and tight? I can speak for myself, and say that it keeps boost between shifts much better since it's addition.

Sent from my CIA monitored device

brbauer2

Just installed mine and took it for a spin on my 5 mile 'test' loop and it definitely holds boost much better than stock under a heavy foot.

Mine fluttered when cold the first few times I drove it as well but has broken in and I never hear it. Used synthetic brake slide grease on mine.
My question that still bothers me is; did anyone else have very sharp metal on the ends of the piston spring? I worry about that since they are on a moving surface...when I get my x-47 im gonna check the spring and probably smooth out/file down the spring ends.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I have the Turbosmart Kompact BOV, and was rather oblivious to the potential boost fluctuation issue. I do hear a fair bit of flutter noise from it when (if my memory serves me right - will pay ATTENTION tonight) I lift up.
My question is: I have a COBB AP, and potentially should be able to log the boost pressure vs. RPM vs. throttle position; what's the "normal" behavior?

TUX15ST

If anyone else is looking to buy a DV+ im going to be selling mine shortly, Will come as a complete assembly with the stock BPV electronics so you can keep your stock BPV in tact rather then rip it apart.

Spaceman_Spiff

I have the Turbosmart Kompact BOV, and was rather oblivious to the potential boost fluctuation issue. I do hear a fair bit of flutter noise from it when (if my memory serves me right - will pay ATTENTION tonight) I lift up.
My question is: I have a COBB AP, and potentially should be able to log the boost pressure vs. RPM vs. throttle position; what's the "normal" behavior?
i thought i saw a graph (probably earlier in this thread) that had results of boost pressure during shifting before and after install.

EDIT: just went thru the whole thread again, no trace of the graph. Must have been another thread.

Last edited:
Anybody know how much this puppy can hold psi wise? Just installed a c39 cyborg and currently have the annoying pshpshpsh boomba adapter. But i will be switching out for this shortly. Also is install process similar/just as easy as boomba adapter ?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Anybody know how much this puppy can hold psi wise? Just installed a c39 cyborg and currently have the annoying pshpshpsh boomba adapter. But i will be switching out for this shortly. Also is install process similar/just as easy as boomba adapter ?
You can shoot them the question and they would respond quickly (barring time zone). On their website and videos they show it easily handling 30psi.