Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone tried the GFB DV+

Just installed last night (also swapping out a boomba adapter), It's the same process to install once you get it assembled but it's more of a pain because it doesn't hold itself into the housing like the boomba spacer seemed to. So you have to hold it in and seat the first bolt, which requires 2 1/2 hands.

As far a boost goes, check out some of the GFB videos, it sounds like if you manage to push enough boost to break the DV+ that'll be the least of your problems. =)

Throttle response and shifting seem sooo much smoother after install. I have the closed mountune intake (MR230 tune) so I haven't heard any flutter like other people have reported. I've peaked @ around 25psi with no issue.

DangerMouse

My flutter on cold starts is gone now that is warmed up. It did get cold the other morning and it fluttered twice. Again I don't need the flutter, I like the whoooosh and my 3 year old loves it. She says do it again daddy, do it again!

So install happened last night. They provide a mini instruction booklet to help. Install is very easy to do, with the hardest part being the undoing of the original bov... but we all know how annoying that is anyways. Once bov is off, you remove stock spring, and two other pieces in the earlier part of this thread, or watch the pumaspeed install video. Then just replace springs, stick on diverter, then put in the other spring and piston. Bam.

Once installed, there really is no sound. So this is not a noise maker bov. I have a stock intake still, so i also dont get any of that low boost flutter i keep hearing of. And this is also installed onto a c39 turbo. So yes still compatible with hybrid/cyborgs. :)

J2FoRS

All this flutter talk just leaves me having no idea what route to go BPV/BOV wise. Doesnt sound like any work properly.[dunno]

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
All this flutter talk just leaves me having no idea what route to go BPV/BOV wise. Doesnt sound like any work properly.[dunno]
No guarantees in life other then taxes and death. If you go with the dv+ and don't break the original unit you can revert back. I don't think flutter is that common with the dv+

Apparently it's confirmed by gfb that with an intake you do hear very slight fluttery sounds in super low boost. Like 2psi . Then on higher boost nothing. My drive to work this morning was fine. No noise at all. Just like stock

Apparently it's confirmed by gfb that with an intake you do hear very slight fluttery sounds in super low boost. Like 2psi . Then on higher boost nothing. My drive to work this morning was fine. No noise at all. Just like stock
I have a COBB CAI system on mine with a GFB and I also don't get any flutter like some complain of. Even at low boost it's a solid turtle sneeze

Hm. Well... as far as I know with function it works perfectly. Regardless of everyones sounds i guess. We shall see when we up psi numbers

Hm. Well... as far as I know with function it works perfectly. Regardless of everyones sounds i guess. We shall see when we up psi numbers
I really enjoy mine. I'm "stage 2.5" (stock DP) and I've swiss cheese'd the airbox in the hopes of cramming some cooler air in. The sound at high RPMs is solid!

DangerMouse

Again mine only flutters when it's cold out, and only does it once or twice at very low boost. But...a couple times now, it has done a long loud squeak. Sounds like when you pinch the end of a balloon and let the air out. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeek psssshhh.

So I don't know what that is all about.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I loved mine, made the car super smooth between shifts and held boost almost all the way to redline. Sounds like stock, also.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
+ Yet another one who has NO noise/'flutter' at all from the GFB, at ANY rev or boost level (but again, I am still on the stock/factory; intake, filter, and down pipe).

Now, I will NOT discount that my hearing is just SO bad that I'm just not sensing it, but that is unlikely. ;)

Mine had no audible flutter at first, but after 15,000 miles with it, it's quite noisy. It does the full R2D2 chirping when I downshift. That's with a Mountune intake and a Velossatech though, so my intake's a bit louder than stock.

That's pretty much my exact scenario, but the light flutter is amplified by my intake. No complaints though.

J2FoRS

Mine had no audible flutter at first, but after 15,000 miles with it, it's quite noisy. It does the full R2D2 chirping when I downshift. That's with a Mountune intake and a Velossatech though, so my intake's a bit louder than stock.
Interesting...will install mine next week and see if i decide to keep it.

brbauer2

I've had mine on for about 8 weeks now and no flutter. Velossatech and K&N drop in. Used a light coat of this grease.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Only at 17psi now but there is definitely a little chirp noise lol and response is very nice. Still stock intake for now but ill probably get a 2j race intake soon . Cyborg turbo stuffz

J2FoRS

Installed mine today. Most DEFINITELY flutters. Whirs and phew and toots and flutters on low RPM throttle lift just like Turbosmart etc just less audibly. It is also much quieter psssht noise from the intake than just the stock BPV. Miss my psssht going through the intake but hopefully thing this is an upgrade as people say, since theres really no other option. Lol[wiggle]

Ford Community Posts