Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone tried the GFB DV+

J2FoRS

Two questions: Do you have the real DV+ ?
There are knockoffs floating around.
What kind of lube are you using?
I put syn brake grease and after the first few initial days it's quick and flawless...
Maybe will try once more and change lubes again. Ive tried engine oil, bearing grease, silcone based.
Im getting a new factory BPV and going to try to reinstall it. Last try, then ill just give up.

I had issues with hesitation and it ended up being my 100% genuine DV+ that I got from woosh. I ended removing the main spring(spring for the piston), and all is well now. It just sucks that it took me almost 2 months to trouble shoot it.

LaserWhisperer

It's strange how everyone with the same part and same turbo are having such different issues, if any at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ya i find it very peculiar as well. Maybe a tune is needed after all to compensate for the DV+.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I believe my case is isolated. I got in the car today and the problem is back even with the spring removed. I've ordered a stock part from the UK, and jeffreylyon is gonna help me out with sending me the stock internals while I wait.

brbauer2

For those ordering a stock replacement, what's the part number? The plastic piece on the solenoid that gets removed cracked. Just want it in case I ever go back to stock.

LaserWhisperer

I recently flashed back to stock before selling my AP, and I still have the DV+ installed. No issues with hesitation, stumbling, valve hang or any of that. Is everyone 100% sure that they installed it properly???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^The U.S. dealers/parts distributors ONLY sell them as a complete unit as part of/attached to the full factory turbo?? [dunno]

Last edited:

A7xogg

+1 for me with the gfb dv+. Car makes same boost as before but lower wastgate duty cycle. Better throttle response and quicker boost when shifting, and nfs seems quicker than it was before

Sorry to revive a dead thread...

Has anyone checked the hole to confirm that it's clean? It could be causing the flutter.

Also, the ECU could be commanding the valve be open a bit at low boost/throttle but the added spring could be fighting it a bit, also causing the flutter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Sorry to revive a dead thread...

Has anyone checked the hole to confirm that it's clean? It could be causing the flutter.

Also, the ECU could be commanding the valve be open a bit at low boost/throttle but the added spring could be fighting it a bit, also causing the flutter.

a little bit of the GFB flutter is because the diverter is no longer opening so easily/leaking at essentially zero boost.
Every car I've had did it after GFB install.

jeff

2000 Post Club
a little bit of the GFB flutter is because the diverter is no longer opening so easily/leaking at essentially zero boost.
Every car I've had did it after GFB install.
Yes. That hissing sound when you are giving it about 1% throttle, whether accel or decel. Leaking boost. Sigh.

I did. Installed mine two weeks ago. Just used motor oil. I don't notice any part throttle hissing.

Installed mine about three months ago. Also used a bit of motor oil. I don't notice any hissing or other strange noises.