Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone tried the GFB DV+

DangerMouse

Has anyone figured out the surging/flutter at low rpms yet? I just took it apart and cleaned again, this time greasing it with Brake Grease and it's still doing the same thing. The red part of the valve almost had a sludge on it, the brass piston was totally dry though

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I use Lucas semi synthetic assembly lube. It was recommended when I used a cobb bpv on my Mazdaspeed3 and seems to work well with my gfb.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I did, twice. It comes.out dry every time so I went with something that should last. It still moved freely by hand

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
If you ask them they’ll tell you the initial lube is gone within minutes of actually driving- then it’s lubricated by blow by in the air it’s venting. I don’t know if a catch can robs it of lubrication.

I have had my DV+ on for almost 2 years. First mod I did with a noticeable performance improvement. I lightly oiled it and have not noticed any change in performance. That being said I do plan on popping it off and cleaning/lubing it soon while i am in there doing some other stuff. Highly recommended [wiggle]
Finally took mine off while I was putting on my new FMIC and piping over the holiday. Everything looked and worked great yet after 2 years. I have never had any fluttering or surging. I run the Modern Automotive Performance (MAP) 93 octane stage 1 tune that they provide when buying an Accessport from them.

Finally took mine off while I was putting on my new FMIC and piping over the holiday. Everything looked and worked great yet after 2 years. I have never had any fluttering or surging. I run the Modern Automotive Performance (MAP) 93 octane stage 1 tune that they provide when buying an Accessport from them.
I've had mine on for a few months and have not had any issues. Lubed mine with some new oil on the bottle drain rack at the shop I use.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

XanRules

Bumping an old thread. Has anyone installed one of these and had the car just not make boost? I ordered one from Ron a few years ago and finally put it on this past weekend and the car isn’t making boost. Possible I didn’t oil enough during install, I guess. Would that do it? I’m making 11.8psi at redline and it comes on at like 5000rpm. I took it to Surgeline here in PDX and they confirmed it had been installed correctly and that there were no boost or vacuum leaks. The car just isn’t making boost. It’s either that or the wastegate actuator, which I also installed this weekend, but the wastegate is moving freely when the system is pressurized so they don’t think it’s that.

DangerMouse

Bumping an old thread. Has anyone installed one of these and had the car just not make boost? I ordered one from Ron a few years ago and finally put it on this past weekend and the car isn’t making boost. Possible I didn’t oil enough during install, I guess. Would that do it? I’m making 11.8psi at redline and it comes on at like 5000rpm. I took it to Surgeline here in PDX and they confirmed it had been installed correctly and that there were no boost or vacuum leaks. The car just isn’t making boost. It’s either that or the wastegate actuator, which I also installed this weekend, but the wastegate is moving freely when the system is pressurized so they don’t think it’s that.
It's most likely the wastegate actuator. You need a tune for them, which you don't mention.

DangerMouse

Sorry for not mentioning that detail - I bought the Tune+ wastegate actuator and have a Tune+ tune for it.
I would reset the preload on the wga to make sure it's set properly. Idk what else would cause it. Did you talk to Adam or send him a data log?

XanRules

Yes - ended up being that the DV+ is either stuck open or shut. I put the factory wastegate back on and flashed my old tune and was still limited to 12psi.

DangerMouse

Yes - ended up being that the DV+ is either stuck open or shut. I put the factory wastegate back on and flashed my old tune and was still limited to 12psi.
I'm really surprised by that. Glad you figured it out. I went with the turbosmart symposer port bov, easy access for cleaning.

XanRules

I'm really surprised by that. Glad you figured it out. I went with the turbosmart symposer port bov, easy access for cleaning.
Me too! Surgeline basically narrowed it down to either the wastegate or the DV+ and we were leaning towards the DV+. Process of elimination wins again. It's weird - one guy in another thread said it sounded like I hadn't lubricated the piston enough, another person on Reddit told me he had the same problem when he lubricated the piston too much. But the wastegate is opening just fine, no boost or vacuum leaks, not much else it could be!

came home and opened up the package and everything is packaged really nice.

laid everything out, minus the extended allen bolts.

Just remove the small stock piston (if you want to call it that) It pops out really easy.

the hardest part of putting the valve together is taking this next part off. This cap is in there decently tight and I tried to get it off with a flat head and if you look I broke part of it (but who cares cause I will not be using it again. I finally got it off by pushing my thumb on the outer edge and pushing away from the valve.

With the hard part out of the way it was time to install the DV+.

My pictures kind of skip a step here where you install the gfb included spring below the solenoid plunger. I did take the plunger and put some lube I bought from turbosmart on the o-rings and base of the plunger.

Take the main body of the DV+ and place it ontop of the plunger and match up the three holes with the ones on the stock valve body. Note that there is only one way all three holes will match up properly.

With that installed you just install the bigger spring

Before installing the piston I did put some of the same lube I applied to the plunger to the skirt of the brass piston then installed and made sure if moved freely.

Installing on the vehicle was kinda a pain at first. When I went to hold the valve in place with my left hand so that I could grab one of the bolts I dropped the valve on the subframe and everything split apart and fell on the driveway. Made sure everything was clean and free of debris before I put everything back together. The best way I found was to put eh bolt in that is closes to the firewall in and hold the valve in place with my left hand.
Do you still have the pictures from this post? thanks.