Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone tried the GFB DV+

So I found that GFB makes a DV+ that bolts on like the boomba spacer. It looks like an interesting alternative to a traditional BOV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DP03

Im thinking of doing this as well. I haven't pulled the trigger cause I may go straight to the X37 turbo. If I don't do that right away, I'll be putting in this DV. They depict it as an easy install with the front right tire removed. Maybe someone else can comment on the accessibility of the turbo from that vantage point?

Quisp

1000 Post Club
It's not bad. Top rights a bit of a pain. Ball socket allens would help. The factory bolts had some sort of threadlock so I put some 242 on the replacements.

I pulled the trigger and bought one on Sunday night. I have taken my turbosmart plum back on and off so many times trying to get it to work right that I am done dealing with it. I am waiting for this to get here then I can put it in and let you guys know how it is. Its not to bad to get the stock valve off just not the most room. I use a 6mm long ball socket and remove the passenger front tire. It is kind of a pain on the driveway but I can the tire off, valve in and out and tire back on in about an hour. The hardest bolt is the top right one (closest to the front of the motor). Ill keep you guys updated when I receive the bfg dv.

does anyone have a link on where to buy this ? my turbo smart has issues as well and would like to try something else.

DP03

Can I assume this is not a mod you will "feel", but instead just provide greater assurance of preventing boost leak?

OP
ridinVINTAGE
Thread Starter #8
It may make a slightly different sound. I wanted to do this as I've heard people having issues with the turbosmart. Like you said just peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quisp

1000 Post Club
No sound at all. Rallysport direct is a dealer in the states. There are YouTube demos . It's a tight spot but not impossible.

So I got home from work to a package at my door. I was surprised that it got here that quick. I ordered it of thmotoraports on Sunday night and it came out of turn 14 distributor in Nevada today. Anyway I was only going to put the valve together and install it this weekend, but when I got it together I was to excited and decided to install it. It took a little over an hour to get the wheel off and the valve installed (including the time it took to put the valve together) I took pictures of the assembly of the valve which I will post later, it's pretty straight forward. During the test drive I was blow away, this is what I was expecting from the Turbosmart valve. Holds steady boost (pretty constant 22.xx with my mountune mp215), when shifting gears I used to get this slight delay if I shifted to fast which I don't get anymore. The sound is louder then stock with a nice pshhhhhhh when shifting, but is more quite then the Turbosmart. All in all 10/10. I do miss the flutter of the Turbosmart at vacuum to low boost, but this valve is already 100% less of a headache and I don't feel nervous about driving and wondering if the valve is opening all the way.

came home and opened up the package and everything is packaged really nice.

laid everything out, minus the extended allen bolts.

Just remove the small stock piston (if you want to call it that) It pops out really easy.

the hardest part of putting the valve together is taking this next part off. This cap is in there decently tight and I tried to get it off with a flat head and if you look I broke part of it (but who cares cause I will not be using it again. I finally got it off by pushing my thumb on the outer edge and pushing away from the valve.

With the hard part out of the way it was time to install the DV+.

My pictures kind of skip a step here where you install the gfb included spring below the solenoid plunger. I did take the plunger and put some lube I bought from turbosmart on the o-rings and base of the plunger.

Take the main body of the DV+ and place it ontop of the plunger and match up the three holes with the ones on the stock valve body. Note that there is only one way all three holes will match up properly.

With that installed you just install the bigger spring

Before installing the piston I did put some of the same lube I applied to the plunger to the skirt of the brass piston then installed and made sure if moved freely.

Installing on the vehicle was kinda a pain at first. When I went to hold the valve in place with my left hand so that I could grab one of the bolts I dropped the valve on the subframe and everything split apart and fell on the driveway. Made sure everything was clean and free of debris before I put everything back together. The best way I found was to put eh bolt in that is closes to the firewall in and hold the valve in place with my left hand.

Don't miss the flutter, it's not something you want anyway.

As for the valve noise it's more or less just a upgraded stock diverter, not a noise generator like the boomba. It's not supposed to be loud, it's supposed to hold boost better.

This may be the stupid question of the day.............could this be used on the X37 upgrade, or does the X37 replace/not need this?

Everything that works with the stock turbo works with the X37. That being said, I'm running the stock DV on my X37 without any issues.

I put mine in yesterday to replace my Kompact Shortie. The annoying flutter is gone! I recommend this wholeheartedly has an alternative.