Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone tried the GFB DV+

For anyone interested, I will have a brand new GFB DV+ for sale in the next couple of days. I ordered two, mistakenly, and would rather see it go to a fellow forum member than have to deal with the hassle of a return. I will, of course, post up a proper Sale thread when the time comes, but wanted to give anyone in this thread and interested a heads up.

OP
ridinVINTAGE
Thread Starter #23
If I didn't just buy an exhaust I would be interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logsi

Anyone have any more comments about these?

A discussion has come up on the UK based FiestaSTOC and just trying to find some more information about them.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Anyone have any more comments about these?

A discussion has come up on the UK based FiestaSTOC and just trying to find some more information about them.
There fine. Watch the YouTube videos. Not much to say simple device.

I hear people had issues with the turbosmart bov.

What kind of issues?

I personally had one installed for a week and had to get rid of it on my 2015 Euro spec FiST as the 50/50 dual port Kompact bov fluttered at the softest to hardest setting no matter what I did with it. In the end I had to scream a lot at the guys I purchased it from before I could get a refund.

On topic I am thinking of purchasing the gfb dv+ as it seems like it will do the job without causing flutter/chatter. The aim is to aid my car as I put a peron st2 tune on it. And whilst it seems to flutter a little it is nothing like it did with the turbosmart. In the end I am just aiming to reduce this light flutter if I can and get better crisp boost from the gfb dv+.

Was this on or off throttle flutter? You only need to worry about flutter when on throttle. Off throttle flutter is simply the air separating on the turbine blades itself .

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

The issue I had was on throttle and very crazy when of throttle. I can not for the life of me figure out the cause and when I sent the parts back turbosmart just refunded and never returned my emails to them. Hence this is the next solution as I want to really only get better crisper boost, more control over the boost etc.

I am running the (peron) ITG intake with foam filter, as well as the R-Sport crossover pipe, mountune catback/depo 100cel downpipe. Due to these parts the under hood noise it enough for me along with the exhaust sound.

Just got mine sent out a few hours ago. It cost $150Aud so I am happy, and will be interested to see what it adds/changes.

I've built the DV+ in my Euro Spec Fiesta.
With Peron S2 and the ITG you can here the flutter sound at low boost very loud and clear.

I flashed a Stage 2 from another company before. There was no fluttering at all.

Bye,

Frank

How did the GFB DV go

Just got mine sent out a few hours ago. It cost $150Aud so I am happy, and will be interested to see what it adds/changes.
Was looking at getting the valve, How did it go with your ST.

Since i changed the tune to a bluefin,air box change and intercooler the lag when changing seems more so I'm hoping the GFB valve will stop this;

Cheers Dave

With Peron S2 and the ITG you can here the flutter sound at low boost very loud and clear.

I flashed a Stage 2 from another company before. There was no fluttering at all.

Bye,

Frank
Sounds like your seal (o'ring gasket) was not right on the electronic wastegate. I have not heard of anyone with this issue so it is all I can assume?

Since i changed the tune to a bluefin,air box change and intercooler the lag when changing seems more so I'm hoping the GFB valve will stop this;

Cheers Dave
Hey,

Yes it is fantastic as it is more responsive when I put the foot down and holds boosts nicely when it engages.

Bye,

Frank
Sounds like your seal (o'ring gasket) was not right on the electronic wastegate. I have not heard of anyone with this issue so it is all I can assume?

Cheers Dave
Hey,

Yes it is fantastic as it is more responsive when I put the foot down and holds boosts nicely when it engages.

DvC

Bye,

Frank
Mine does the same thing. I have a video in YouTube showing as much. I am on my second gfb dv and third or fourth install checking to make sure everything is right. I am not to worried since it works correctly at high boost.

Received mine last week from Whoosh, best price I could find shipped. I previously had the boomba spacer on but removed it for the GFB DV+ piece. Build quality was great on the piece and install wasn't too difficult if you have the long 5mm ball head allen. Currently on stock tune, the boost holds well between shifts, and it is slightly louder than the stock piece, but nothing like the Boomba spacer. I will be getting a protune over the next week so I am eager to see how it feels at higher boost.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Received mine last week from Whoosh, best price I could find shipped. I previously had the boomba spacer on but removed it for the GFB DV+ piece. Build quality was great on the piece and install wasn't too difficult if you have the long 5mm ball head allen. Currently on stock tune, the boost holds well between shifts, and it is slightly louder than the stock piece, but nothing like the Boomba spacer. I will be getting a protune over the next week so I am eager to see how it feels at higher boost.
great!
thanks for the shout out
I have more!
It's a well made piece and certainly does what its intended to do!

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Instead of a protune, I would atleast try and get an IC+DP. Can be done for the same price or less..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just gotta say, when I first installed mine I was skeptical coming from the turbosmart kompact BOV, especially because I wasn't used to how damn quiet the stock BOV is. This does not make it louder, but after having it on the car for a few weeks I can absolutely confirm that it holds boost more consistently and lets the turbo spool much smoother, particularly when heel-toeing and shifting quickly. It's not a night and day difference, but it's subtle in a very, very good way.