Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone tried the GFB DV+

A recent update for any owners of a gfb dv+.....check your box and make sure it has a barcode imprinted into the box. If you don't have this, you most likely have a knock off diverter valve! Just changed mine out, and the off throttle flutter "Turkey call" is now gone and my FiST is now making 18 psi boost at 6k rpm. Before with the knock off valve I would hit 24 psi at 4k rpm then it would dump it down to 10 psi at 6k rpm!?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
A recent update for any owners of a gfb dv+.....check your box and make sure it has a barcode imprinted into the box. If you don't have this, you most likely have a knock off diverter valve! Just changed mine out, and the off throttle flutter "Turkey call" is now gone and my FiST is now making 18 psi boost at 6k rpm. Before with the knock off valve I would hit 24 psi at 4k rpm then it would dump it down to 10 psi at 6k rpm!?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Sounds more like a boost leak all 3 bolts tight did the unit assemble flush?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Miss my psssht going through the intake but hopefully thing this is an upgrade as people say, since theres really no other option. Lol[wiggle]
There IS the boomba racing recirculating BPV setup, but it is much more complicated installation than the GFB, and much less 'plug and play'. [:(]

Not really sure IF it makes more or less psssht sounds than either the factory or GFB Dvs though, being a supposedly FULL recirculating setup. [dunno]

A7xogg

Thanks for the info, ordered from whoosh. Car makes slightly more boost everywhere on less wastgate duty. Also throttle is much sharper and yeah car used to make loud blow off noise on no boost or partial and now it's super quiet till full boost, then it sounds more manly

Eleven pages and absolutely no consensus as to whether or not this thing is worth it.

Has anyone actually used an accessport or had their tuner see if this thing holds boost more consistently than the stock setup?

brbauer2

Eleven pages and absolutely no consensus as to whether or not this thing is worth it.

Has anyone actually used an accessport or had their tuner see if this thing holds boost more consistently than the stock setup?
I'll take the metal construction vs the stock plastic in the long run, even if there is no performance gained.

Tried the GFB multiple times, couldn't get on with it. The piston dries out after 10 miles, doesn't respond as quick as the plastic stock piston, and logs showed no improvement in boost holding throughout the rev range. Also hated the noise on my 47+.

jeff

2000 Post Club

I bought and installed mine because of some annoying venting noise after my turbo install. It took care of the problem, I am very happy. If for no other reason that made mine worth it. Haven't noticed other differences but i'm not knowledgeable enough to know what to look for on the logs.

I'll take the metal construction vs the stock plastic in the long run, even if there is no performance gained.
Definitely. Compared to the stocker which is brittle plastic, this thing is awesome!

Tried the GFB multiple times, couldn't get on with it. The piston dries out after 10 miles, doesn't respond as quick as the plastic stock piston, and logs showed no improvement in boost holding throughout the rev range. Also hated the noise on my 47+.
That is odd because they advertise it as adding no noise, and in my case it added no noise at all.

LaserWhisperer

I agree with [MENTION=6284]brbauer2[/MENTION]. I lubed up the piston with a tiny bit of engine oil, haven't had any issues with it. The GFB snaps shut much quicker than the stock plastic diverter. I also trust the metal construction over the cheap plastic of the factory bit. That thing disintegrated the moment I opened it up to get at the guts to install the GFB. It is much quieter than the factory valve, which I'm ok with because I'm not a ricer [emoji23]
(says the guys who had a boomba adapter previously). That damn thing was obnoxiously loud and offensive lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

J2FoRS

Im in this boat. Im removing mine for stock BPV for now until I decide an alternative. Ive removed and lubed now 5 times over 5000km. It gets stuck or lags. It is much quieter than stock..no PSSHHH through the intake or anything. Thats preferential.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Im in this boat. Im removing mine for stock BPV for now until I decide an alternative. Ive removed and lubed now 5 times over 5000km. It gets stuck or lags. It is much quieter than stock..no PSSHHH through the intake or anything. Thats preferential.
When you say "it gets stuck or lags", what is the symptom of this? Are you looking at a datalog or monitoring psi on Accessport and seeing that it isn't holding boost? If so, what is the difference, where does it taper and what does it taper to as opposed to before when it worked properly/stock DV?

Please explain, thanks!

My GFB DV+ works amazingly. I have nothing to complain about. Builds boost quicker after shifting. When you have a larger intercooler installed, you notice a more significant difference compared to the stock intercooler. Be careful out there, a flood of knock off parts are rampant. I would know I purchased one from a forum member on here!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

LaserWhisperer

Did those that are having problems, follow the instructions given in the GFB box? It'll snap closed quicker if both springs are installed. Do you have both installed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Shit, add a bit of lube to the mix (I used gear oil...) and it should work fine. I know mine does (and my friends as well, which I installed).

Two questions: Do you have the real DV+ ?
There are knockoffs floating around.
What kind of lube are you using?
I put syn brake grease and after the first few initial days it's quick and flawless...