Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FoE: FORD LAUNCHES SPORTY NEW ST-LINE

FORD LAUNCHES SPORTY NEW ST-LINE: FIESTA ST-LINE AND FOCUS ST-LINE NOW AVAILABLE TO ORDER FOR THE FIRST TIME
  • Ford launches new ST-Line range of models inspired by Ford Performance vehicles and featuring bold styling, sporty driving dynamics and great value
  • Fiesta ST-Line and Focus ST-Line are available to order now with sport suspension, unique body kits and alloy wheel designs; sport seats, steering wheel and interior details
  • Powerful engine options include multi-award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost with up to 140 PS for Fiesta ST-Line; 1.5-litre EcoBoost with up to 182 PS for Focus ST-Line
  • Further two ST-Line models to follow before the end of the year

full post on Ford's media page!

Luckily it is EU only, so no watered down copycats over on this side of the pond... yet.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I say bring on the copy cats. We can show them what a real ST is. But, then of course, they will say I paid X amount less and have the same looks.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is just like when Chrysler had the SRT by design with no muscle really under the hood but the body kit and wheels to boot. ST line is for the nancies who won't step it up and buy the real thing.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
To be fair I was looking at the Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost before the ST. Still more peppy than the stock fiesta and now getting a little love. Give it a tune and you could get 200hp with some mods. Not a bad grocery getter. But ya a little chessy giving it the looks.

OP
speed_easy
Thread Starter #6
Agreed. But consider that a Focus SE in the states can be had with an optional 'sport package'. Mostly cosmetic changes there with the stock drive train retained but available with either automatic or manual transmissions. This ST-line at least provides the content to not only look the part but also drive the part (to a tangible degree, at least).

With some people flocking to the ST-line for an improvement over base, perhaps the performance limits of the true ST (assuming its kept in production) will be stretched out even further? *In this hypothetical scenario* that would be good news to me.

Notice it says the Fiesta ST line is available as two or four door?

If they're bringing the four door to Europe, maybe they'll bring the two door to North America!

I say bring on the copy cats. We can show them what a real ST is. But, then of course, they will say I paid X amount less and have the same looks.
Do they, though? Aren't cars a lot more affordable here in the States?