Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

UPDATED - 2018 Fiesta and Fiesta ST Prototypes Spied

You could easily make some projectors or led lights for the current fiesta if you had the cash

But I'm ok with LED H11 bulbs

Looks a tad boxier and bigger. If they were to jack it up a bit, they might be able to call it a Subcompact CUV for the US market.
Something to compete with the Chery Trax, Honda HRV, Mazda CX-3, Jeep Renegade

You could easily make some projectors or led lights for the current fiesta if you had the cash

But I'm ok with LED H11 bulbs
I've got led bulbs as well. We should have gotten same lighting set up as the European model. My opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Looks a tad boxier and bigger. If they were to jack it up a bit, they might be able to call it a Subcompact CUV for the US market.
Something to compete with the Chery Trax, Honda HRV, Mazda CX-3, Jeep Renegade
THIS^^^

I already feel like I am driving a CUV with OUR version. [:(]

Any bigger/heavier/higher center of gravity, and I probably would not want it.

The fiesta is like the tiniest car this side of the 500, the seat is a bit high but lol @ CUV comments.

Look at it next to relatively small CUV...

I could see the ST ending up slightly softer suspension wise, because many passengers in my car remark at the stiff ride. Yes, the ST is an enthusiast car, but I am sure Ford is always looking at if we made the ride 10% softer we would get X more buyers. Totally happy with my ST, so regardless what they do with the new car, that will not change.

Most cars tend to evolve into bigger and bigger with each gen with the current Mazda MX-5 being a notable exception. They really need to keep the weight down, so if the new gen is couple of hundred pounds lighter, that would be a big win, but not counting on this.

A Honda Civic has a 107" wheelbase now!

Rhinopolis

I love my 15' FiST and plan on taking excellent care and keeping it for many years. It's already modified pretty hardcore, and unless my appetite changes I don't plan on taking it much further power wise. I like it where it's at currently, and I just want it to last for as long as possible and running as good as it does now.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #54
Next Gen Fiesta to be revealed in Europe Nov 29...

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/11/new-gen-2017-ford-fiesta-to-be-revealed.html

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/fiesta/93556/new-2017-ford-fiesta-to-be-revealed-on-29-november

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2017-ford-fiesta-confirmed-november-reveal

2018-Ford-Fiesta-0.jpg

ford-fiesta-spies-a-430.jpg

In less than two weeks from today, on November 29, Ford will pull the covers on the new generation Fiesta.

Ford Motor Company's president and chief executive officer Mark Fields, and Ford of Europe executive vice president and president Jim Farley, will showcase the new model in front of the press and dealers at the company's Cologne Niehl manufacturing facility in Germany.

"The new Fiesta will be our best expression of Ford - lovable, fun, sporty to drive, and with an unmatched personality true to the spirit of the iconic small car that has delighted generations of customers for the past 40 year", Farley said.

Ford's challenger to the Renault Clio, Opel/Vauxhall Corsa and Volkswagen Polo in Europe, and the Chevy Spark, Kia Rio and Nissan Versa Note in North America, will grow in size and feature the company's latest design language along with new driver assist systems and other technologies.

Power is expected to come from an assortment of 3- and 4-cylinder EcoBoost engines, along with a new 1.5-liter EcoBlue diesel - likely outside North America.

A Fiesta ST range-topper is likely to retain a boosted 1.6-litre engine but, like the other engines in the range, it'll produce more power than before along with lower emissions with up to 220 HP sent to the front wheels.

During the event in Cologne, Ford will also announce details on their Smart Mobility strategy, fuel-saving technology and reveal new commercial vehicles, so you might want to set your alarm for November 29, at 20:00 CET (2 pm EST).

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/11/new-gen-2017-ford-fiesta-to-be-revealed.html
A Fiesta ST range-topper is likely to retain a boosted 1.6-litre engine but, like the other engines in the range, it'll produce more power than before along with lower emissions with up to 220 HP sent to the front wheels.
I hope this is true, I read somewhere else, that the new ST would have the 1.0L 3 cyl, with a turbo tuned for 200hp.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #56
I hope this is true, I read somewhere else, that the new ST would have the 1.0L 3 cyl, with a turbo tuned for 200hp.
yep...lots of speculative rumors flying....

I expect Ford will keep the 1.0L / 3 cyl turbo for the Fiesta and a 1.6L / 4 cyl turbo for Fiesta ST....we'll see soon enough

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I doubt we will see anything ST related at launch. I strongly suspect the ST is 1-2 years after launch. I can't think of a time that a performance model was launched at the time of a significant redesign. This goes back at least 20 years of following Ford. New model comes out, a few years later a performance version is added as the initial model begins to fade, then a refresh followed by a refresh of the performance model, ultra performance model comes out after that, and then the platform or design is retired. This has been the case with the Mustang, F-150 (think Lightning and Raptor), Focus (both gen 1, 2, and 3), and Fiesta (with the performance model and refresh launching together). In all cases, the performance version came later.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I doubt we will see anything ST related at launch. I strongly suspect the ST is 1-2 years after launch. I can't think of a time that a performance model was launched at the time of a significant redesign. This goes back at least 20 years of following Ford. New model comes out, a few years later a performance version is added as the initial model begins to fade, then a refresh followed by a refresh of the performance model, ultra performance model comes out after that, and then the platform or design is retired. This has been the case with the Mustang, F-150 (think Lightning and Raptor), Focus (both gen 1, 2, and 3), and Fiesta (with the performance model and refresh launching together). In all cases, the performance version came later.
IF the above is the case, then I am soooo glad that I ordered, and yes, even waited an inordinate amount of time for my '16!!!! [:)]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The higher projected weight will offset any performance gains from this power bump, and the most likely requisite by then (since the FoRS has it NOW) 'start/stop' feature would be deal breakers for me, UNLESS they gave us a 3 door version. ;)