Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

UPDATED - 2018 Fiesta and Fiesta ST Prototypes Spied

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #61
The 2018 Ford Fiesta will arrive next week

11/25/2016 - AutoBlog

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/25/2018-ford-fiesta-debut-november-29/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016

ford-fiesta-st-spies-04-1.jpg

After months of rumors and spy photos, Ford is finally planning to pull back the covers on the 2018 Fiesta next week at an event in Germany. The current Fiesta is getting a little long in the tooth, so expect a sharp increase in comfort, refinement, and of course fuel economy with the new model. Ford CEO Mark Fields and Ford of Europe executive vice president Jim Farley will be on hand to introduce the car on November 29 in Cologne. At the event, Ford is also planning to introduce new commercial vehicles and will give updates on its smart mobility and fuel-saving technology.

If you're wondering why Ford is revealing the Fiesta outside of the US, it's because the Fiesta is a global car that sells far more units worldwide than it does back home. The current Fiesta was introduced to Americans when gas was expensive and many shoppers were looking to downsize. Sales have slowed greatly in response to the drop in fuel prices.

The new Fiesta shouldn't change too much in size, as any increase would have it start to step on the toes of Ford's Focus in the class above. Based on spy photos, the styling seems to be more evolution than revolution, with smoother lines and an updated take on the current Ford look. It's less busy and sportier than the current model, but still distinctly Ford. It's unknown whether an ST will be revealed next week, but spy photos (which you can see above) have shown what we believe to be the hot hatch's replacement. It's more likely that any performance variants will be shown at a later date.

The higher projected weight will offset any performance gains from this power bump, and the most likely requisite by then (since the FoRS has it NOW) 'start/stop' feature would be deal breakers for me, UNLESS they gave us a 3 door version. ;)
I thought they only offered Start/Stop with an automatic. And even then you could disable it. It's only there to help out on the EPA testing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I thought they only offered Start/Stop with an automatic. And even then you could disable it. It's only there to help out on the EPA testing.
One would think so, but the Focus RS has it currently.
I'm guessing in order to make it viable, and sell-able in this country at all, due to CAFE standards (like you've mentioned).

11/25/2016 - AutoBlog
After months of rumors and spy photos, Ford is finally planning to pull back the covers on the 2018 Fiesta next week at an event in Germany.
So does that mean there will be no 2017 Fiesta in the US?
Fords web site shows 2017 models on most cars, expect the Fiesta, only 2016 shown.
It could be they have so much 2016 inventory, they want to sell those out before they announce a 2017.

In Sept of 2016, they only sold 4,000 Fiestas in the US, but 35,000 in Europe

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #67
Ford Europe will formally release photos of next generation Fiesta today at 2pm EST from Europe...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/fiesta/93556/new-2017-ford-fiesta-first-picture-revealed

11/29/2016

Ford is set to reveal an all-new seventh generation Fiesta at a special launch event tonight, and Auto Express will be there to bring you all the news and pictures of the brand new supermini. For now though, Ford has whetted our appetites by sharing the first official image of the car on Twitter

Previous spy shots of the car show that the biggest change Ford's made around the back of the Fiesta is with the taillamps. Wider horizontal units replace the vertical taillights on the current car, and give the new Fiesta an impression of being wider than before - despite having very similar dimensions to the current car.

The Fiesta stays on Ford?s Global B platform for what will be its seventh generation, so while spy shots have shown a car sporting a wider track, engineers are likely to have only millimetres to play with when it comes to extending dimensions.

Staying on the same chassis means that Ford can save considerable sums of money on research and development ? and at least some of that cash will be pumped into improving two areas where the Fiesta now lags behind the competition: interior quality and big-car features.

Inside, soft-touch materials will replace the current rubberised finish on the facia, and there will be a major overhaul of the car?s infotainment system. Expect the existing tiny display to be replaced by a larger touchscreen, featuring the company?s latest SYNC 3 software for music, smartphone integration and satellite navigation. New safety equipment is likely to include lane departure warning and blind spot monitoring, along with traffic sign recognition.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Diggin it so far. we'll see how the ass and interior look. so glad I leased and have the option to pick one up in 2 years. and by all reports, it will have the same platform as the current model so there's a great chance my coils and bracing may fit (among other mods)

But I'll only hop if they keep the weight and price in check. This talk of upscale could add weight and cost. Also, if they throw a 3 cylinder in the ST I'm definitely keeping mine. 1.6 is small enough

Doing a search on Fords web site, using the "search dealer inventory" feature
I found this 2017 listed at my favorite Las Vegas Ford Dealer
2017 Fiesta Dealer ordered.png

Looks the same as the 2016

So the new version being announced in Germany today, will be a 2018 in the USA???

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #72
So the new version being announced in Germany today, will be a 2018 in the USA???
yes...It's the 2018 US Fiesta....And I'd be very surprised if the next gen FiST will be revealed today...

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
good dig. rear looks good but will we be worthy of the LED tails or will it stay across the pond?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #75
Next Gen Fiesta Revealed

fiesta next gen 8.jpg

fiesta 9.jpg

fiesta next gen 6.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/f...iesta-reveal-event-first-pictures-and-details

11/26/2016 - AutoExpress

The all-new 2017 Ford Fiesta has arrived. Ford unveiled the new car at its 'Go Further' event in Cologne, Germany where Ford CEO Mark Fields and Ford of Europe president Jim Farley introduced us to not one but four versions of the next generation of the best-selling supermini.

The current Ford Fiesta has topped Britain?s new car sales charts for the past seven years, but with the latest Nissan Micra and Citroen C3 hitting the market ? plus a new Volkswagen Polo on the horizon ? the supermini sector is as competitive as it?s ever been.

However, Ford is hoping it can cement its position at the top with this seventh-generation Fiesta. Ford tells us that the new model is the most grown-up edition yet but it?s still instantly recognisable as a Fiesta.

Across the range, design elements such as the swept-back headlights, simple bonnet and split wraparound tail-lamps at the rear help to accentuate the new Fiesta?s increase in size, but there?s also a significant move upmarket in terms of the car?s technology and quality.

The new car is being launched in four distinct versions. The Ford Fiesta Titanium is the core model but it?s joined by the performance focused Fiesta ST-Line and the luxurious Fiesta Vignale. Finally, the Fiesta Active is the new model designed to capitalise on the booming crossover market with its SUV styling cues.

The Fiesta stays on Ford?s Global B platform for this generation, a move that allows Ford to save considerable sums of money on research and development ? and at least some of that cash has been pumped into improving two areas where the Fiesta now lags behind the competition: interior quality and big-car features.

Inside, soft-touch materials replace the current rubberised finish on the facia a panoramic glass roof is added, and there is a major overhaul of the car?s infotainment system with a new 8" touchscreen arriving that sees 20 buttons removed from the dash. The new system features the company?s latest SYNC 3 software for music, smartphone integration and satellite navigation. There's voice control and the option of a B&O premium audio system.

The Fiesta has made a big step forward in terms of safety too. The new anti-collision system can detect objects 130 meters in front of the car and if the driver does not react, the car will automatically brake to prevent an accident. It?s one of 15 new driver assistance features on the car including Active Park Assist, Blind Spot Information, Cross Traffic Alert and Lane Keeping Assist.

In the engine bay Ford's 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol unit is the key option on the petrol side. It's being offered with revised 5 and 6-speed gearboxes. The big diesel news is that availability of the high power TDCi diesel engine for the first time with improvements in terms of performance, torque and efficency.

The Fiesta is Britain's best-selling name plate ever, so it's an important car for Ford. Due on sale in the first half of 2017, the new Ford Fiesta is packed with features to reflect more expensive tastes among supermini customers ? and to allow room for a cheaper stablemate, the Ka+, which will sit just below it in the range. Ford say's it's the most advanced small car in the world and we can't wait to get behind the wheel to find out how good it really is.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
supermod strikes again! DAM that looks so good. I may stop modding mine and wait. lol we better get the exact same lighting here! hope that automatic safety shit is optional.

Call me an odd ball but I'm not a fan. I like the tail of the current gen better. All of the extra "big car" features just mean more weight for a car that is so fun because its a fly weight fighter. Hopefully the ST keeps things simple and maybe has a power bump from parts that can transfer to the current gen.

Oh and what is with manufactures going with the navigation-stuck-on-the-dash look. Its ridiculous.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I kind of like the flat bottom steering wheel in the one pic above, and it looks to be a little bit smaller diameter than our current wheel and maybe even a tiny bit thicker rimmed (or is that just an optical illusion in that pic??).

That, in an ALL alcantara version for the actual ST model would be GREAT! [:)]

I really dig the panorama sunroof but other than that it just kind of reminds me of a GTI.