Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

UPDATED - 2018 Fiesta and Fiesta ST Prototypes Spied

Hopefully they won't raise the price to be the same as the GTI
The current version is 5-10K cheaper than the GTI
Once you get some "I'm not a peasant" options on the Fiesta the prices become scary close. My Fiesta MRSP'd at 26K (Fully Loaded), GTI was also 26K.

The GTI comes standard with heated seats and Apple car play/Android auto so it has Nav standard. So the prices are much closer than you think when you take into account close to equal options.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I guess I should be grateful that I don't mind being a 'peasant', and getting the absolute lightest, and least expensive car I can order from the factory? ;) LOL

Once you get some "I'm not a peasant" options on the Fiesta the prices become scary close. My Fiesta MRSP'd at 26K (Fully Loaded), GTI was also 26K.

The GTI comes standard with heated seats and Apple car play/Android auto so it has Nav standard. So the prices are much closer than you think when you take into account close to equal options.
You can't really compare a FULLY LOADED car to the BASE trim of another one, yes they are both $26K

A fully loaded Fiesta with Leather Recarros, Navi and a moon-roof, is maybe 26K MSRP
A similarly equipped GTI is over 30K, Neither Navi is nor Leather nor moon roof are available on the $26K Base trim

Then factor in the $4000 incentives for the Fiesta, and you are looking at nearly a $10K difference.

But then the GTI is more accurately compared to the Focus ST not the Fiesta

The interior (to me) looks loads better. Sleek air vents, better layout, nicer materials. I do loath the screen though. Why is it no integrated as part of the dash? If I wanted an ipad/standalone nav I could buy that for less. I like paying up for the integrated and flush screen. I know other manus are doing this as well (mazda, merc) but I am not a fan.

It kinda looks cheap "japan trying to figure out what the western world likes" design. Ofcourse, I'm an idiot for saying this without seeing the real car.
I hope it doesn't weigh more and it doesn't come with standard 18" tires. Don;t care about the infotainement, just be practical. Recaros, would be nice too ;D

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I looked at the pictures and haven't read any of the comments before posting this.

I think that Ford has gone in the wrong direction for this car. The new body-style looks hideous in my honest opinion. The current platform is pretty tight, especially from the 1/4 to 3/4s angles. The rear "tray" (or bottom side of the bumper really ties the back end of the car well. That new thing in post #1 looks like they merged an SUV with a Focus and then shrunk it a bit. lol. No thanks.

With that said, my lease expires at the end of February. I'm going to pay it off and keep it as my daily driver. I'm at 37,000 miles and it is still perfect in every way.

they went super upmarket on the interior which I guess you basically have to today. I kinda love that our interior is fairly basic since it's mostly a like.. 2007ish design. I'm glad I bought when I did, I had seen the early spy photos and could already tell I wasn't going to like the shape. Our FiSTs have this like.. idk how to describe it, but it's just a very well thought out visual design (despite the nose being a retrofit into the design, and the USDM bumpers and such). The new thing looks like you left our car out in the sun and it melted a bit.

Do love the gauge cluster though, a lot more normal looking than ours.

You can't really compare a FULLY LOADED car to the BASE trim of another one, yes they are both $26K

A fully loaded Fiesta with Leather Recarros, Navi and a moon-roof, is maybe 26K MSRP
A similarly equipped GTI is over 30K, Neither Navi is nor Leather nor moon roof are available on the $26K Base trim

Then factor in the $4000 incentives for the Fiesta, and you are looking at nearly a $10K difference.

But then the GTI is more accurately compared to the Focus ST not the Fiesta
Whoops, sorry I missed this. You can compare cars with similar options. Here's the breakdown:

-Heated Seats:

GTI: Comes standard
Fiesta ST: $2,000 option

-Navigation:

GTI: Standard if you have a smart phone
Fiesta ST: $795 option

-Special Colors:

GTI: All colors included with standard price
Fiesta ST: Special colors are a $595 option

-Sunroof:

(This is where the Fiesta has the edge)
GTI: Trim option
Fiesta ST: Also an option

-Premium Wheels w/ Red Brake Calipers

GTI: Comes standard with both
Fiesta ST: $375 option for painted brakes

Totals for cars with same options (minus sunroof):
Fiesta ST: MRSP $26,710
GTI: MRSP $26,415

So minus the sunroof (which I will give you granted the GTI's is like 2x the size of the Fiesta's ((Which is placed behind the driver))) we have 2 cars which when you option them to be equal are within $1,000 dollars of each other. That is well within comparable. This is not taking into account the GTI is a MUCH bigger car. That's the breakdown, that's why when you take the cars at face value with options that a lot of people include, they can be compared. Now that's not to say one is better than the other (Hell I sold my GTI for my Fiesta) but the GTI is much better value for how much car you get.

Whoops, sorry I missed this. You can compare cars with similar options. Here's the breakdown:

-Heated Seats:

GTI: Comes standard
Fiesta ST: $2,000 option

-Navigation:

GTI: Standard if you have a smart phone
Fiesta ST: $795 option
I don't have time to refuste all of your errors
But I'ol do the first 2, we can then assume the rest are erroneous too.

The $2000 seat option in the Fiesta is for heated leather recarros
You cant get Leather or recarros in the BASE GTI, you are stuck with tartan plaid cloth..

Navigation: Any car has free navigation with a smartphone, and can be integrated in using bluetooth.

WV Dealers in my area simply do not stock the base trim GTI at all.
And you left out the $4000 incentive available on the Fiesta.

I don't have time to refuste all of your errors
But I'ol do the first 2, we can then assume the rest are erroneous too.

The $2000 seat option in the Fiesta is for heated leather recarros
You cant get Leather or recarros in the BASE GTI, you are stuck with tartan plaid cloth..

Navigation: Any car has free navigation with a smartphone, and can be integrated in using bluetooth.

WV Dealers in my area simply do not stock the base trim GTI at all.
And you left out the $4000 incentive available on the Fiesta.
-Seats:
1. Both of the seats are designed and made by Recaro.
2. Come on I have the Fiesta's "leather" seats. They are like 30% leather lol. The part you actually sit on is cloth.

-Navigation:
1. Hence why any car with Apple Car Play and Android Auto already have Nav. It is a fully functional voice controlled nav system that uses the main screen as shown:

I got $3500 on my GTI and I have the papers to prove it. Being an SCCA members gets you invoice instantly etc. I got a 100% base MK7 so yes, they do indeed stock them. So once again we have 2 cars, with similar options that cost about the same. Now again, I moved from a MK7 GTI to a Fiesta ST so I'm not saying one is better than the other, but the Fiesta gets DEEP into more expensive car territory quick. It's the more fun, driver oriented car by miles. But better value? It is not.

Yes that is a pretty crazy incentive lol. I would a deal like that is few and far between by judging the "deals" thread. People forget there's incentives on every car.

If you're worried about being perceived as a peasant, the fiesta isn't for you...
Oh I'm fine with peasant status. But I'm over not having basic things like heated seats, Nav, bluetooth etc.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club

If you're worried about being perceived as a peasant, the fiesta isn't for you...

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=4011]Goingnowherefast[/MENTION] I have a completely base fiesta st

I have Bluetooth, I have nav on my iPhone :)
And I turn on the heat when I'm cold :)

Hahaha I can understand though. I'm hoping to come across a 2016 st in the junkyard so I can get the radio to upgrade to sync 3

[MENTION=4011]Goingnowherefast[/MENTION] I have a completely base fiesta st

I have Bluetooth, I have nav on my iPhone :)
And I turn on the heat when I'm cold :)

Hahaha I can understand though. I'm hoping to come across a 2016 st in the junkyard so I can get the radio to upgrade to sync 3
Keep me in the loop as I want to do the same thing. (The 2014 infotainment system is one of the worst I've ever used hahaha).

Thanks for following me though. I'm not saying the GTI is the better car, but people have to admit that 26K for a Fiesta is getting quite pricey. Seems like a lot of people praise it to be amazing value when I really don't think it's that great of value when you take everything into account. What it does have; however, is probably some of the greatest driving dynamics on the market for this cheap. That is where the car shines.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I agree with the gti being more car for money. Only if the gti could offer more smiles when driving hard though.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Since everyone is in love with the VDubs on here, do they offer as many, and as FREQUENT 0% interest for 84 month deals for all of us paupers/'peasants', who would NOT be able to afford the payments, and insurance, IF we had to pay 2.5%-5% interest with a big down payment on a 3-5 year loan (and who obviously are NOT as elitist wealthy as some on here who have the cash on hand to pay the car in full)?? [dunno]

Some on here do NOT mind their 'peasant' status, and are quite happy to NOT pay the premium for things they do NOT want, nor need/deem 'necessary'. (BESIDES saving the weight of those items!)

We have bought our STs for significantly less than the least expensive GTI out there, AND are paying MUCH LESS per month for them @ 0% interest. [:)] [wink]

We have bought our STs for significantly less than the least expensive GTI out there, AND are paying MUCH LESS per month for them @ 0% interest. [:)] [wink]
Finally some truth.

VW, and most other German car companies are notorious for offering low priced trim levels that no one can really buy.
Now I imagine if you are in some racing club, you might be one of the chosen few who gets to buy one of these,

But anyone off the street can walk into my local Ford Dealer and choose from the 4 Fiesta ST's on the lot, ranging from 19K to 21K
And then negotiate down from there

My local VW dealer has 1 GTI on the lot for $33K MSRP, plus $2,500 in dealer paks

I really don't understand the point of this discussion
Obviously someone claiming that Ford charges $2000 for heated seats, has an axe to grind.

I dunno about y'all but I paid cash for my st :p

Just wanted that amazing chassis and engine in my life. Sync 3 kicking ass is just a bonus.