Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

UPDATED - 2018 Fiesta and Fiesta ST Prototypes Spied

For those that didn't care to read, the original claim was
The current version is 5-10K cheaper than the GTI
I stated this is incorrect, and gave the point that furthermore, when equal options are added the price becomes scary similar. It's nice that you guys got your base spec models for cheap, but that was never the argument here. Keeping in mind "10K" off the GTI's MRSP is 15K and I simply don't see people getting a brand new Fiesta ST for that according to the deals thread because you have to take that both cars have incentives into account.

Obviously someone claiming that Ford charges $2000 for heated seats, has an axe to grind.
Ford charges $2000 for heated seats. Stating facts doesn't mean I have "an axe to grind" lol

Since everyone is in love with the VDubs on here, do they offer as many, and as FREQUENT 0% interest for 84 month deals for all of us paupers/'peasants', who would NOT be able to afford the payments, and insurance, IF we had to pay 2.5%-5% interest with a big down payment on a 3-5 year loan (and who obviously are NOT as elitist wealthy as some on here who have the cash on hand to pay the car in full)?? [dunno]

Some on here do NOT mind their 'peasant' status, and are quite happy to NOT pay the premium for things they do NOT want, nor need/deem 'necessary'. (BESIDES saving the weight of those items!)
No doubt Ford does some badass 0% deals. Personally I don't like to buy things with money I don't have (minus a house obviously), so I paid in cash.

We have bought our STs for significantly less than the least expensive GTI out there, AND are paying MUCH LESS per month for them @ 0% interest. [:)] [wink]
Sure, but again the original point was that when you equip the cars the same way, they cost the same which is a reply to the original comment by Vegas.

I dunno about y'all but I paid cash for my st :p

Just wanted that amazing chassis and engine in my life. Sync 3 kicking ass is just a bonus.
Damn right. That's the way to do it. The powertrain and chassis tuning is second to none. All I'm claiming is the car isn't an end-all-be-all in the value department. Not trying to trigger people or anything by saying their car might not be gods gift to the earth lol

unsub.. this is getting pedantic as hell. We drive econoboxes folks chill :). If you think the car is a bad value buy a different one. It's not about the options list it's about how it feels and the joy it brings you.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
unsub.. this is getting pedantic as hell. We drive econoboxes folks chill :). If you think the car is a bad value buy a different one. It's not about the options list it's about how it feels and the joy it brings you.
YES, THIS!!^^^

I just cannot believe the self-righteous, self aggrandizing, 'fiscally responsible' chest beating happening on an ECONOBOX site (albeit a very high performance econobox at that). LOL

Maybe we should start comparing our cars to (the Teuton worship car) base M2s, after all, the stripped ones, IF you can find any, are ONLY about twice as much as a 'loaded' FiST? [histerical]

Love how offended everyone gets. Don't conflate being not being "good value" with not being a "good car". I'm not comparing it to some super-car, I'm comparing it to a car that I just proved to be the same amount lol. You can criticize things without disliking them ya know, something I think the greater population has forgotten recently.

I love my Fiesta, but I'm not going to lie to myself and say it's the end-all-be-all in this segment. It's a niche performance car that has poor NVH, poor interior materials, small size, no reverse camera, mediocre safety ratings etc. but it makes up all of that by being an amazing drivers car.

AzNightmare

When this kind of topic comes up, I always tell them:

Expensive for a Fiesta
Cheap for a ST.

What kind of driver are you?