Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gearshift Cable Adjustment - Vehicles With: 6-Speed Manual Transmission - B6

I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow while installing my boomba plate and bushings... I'll report back to let you guys know if it helps with the resistance in shifting.

This is the first cable shift system I've worked with, not to mention our transmission and motor are sideways inside the engine bay. Looking forward to getting to know the inner-workings of the car better.

I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow while installing my boomba plate and bushings... I'll report back to let you guys know if it helps with the resistance in shifting.

This is the first cable shift system I've worked with, not to mention our transmission and motor are sideways inside the engine bay. Looking forward to getting to know the inner-workings of the car better.

Installed shift plate and trans bushings yesterday. While I was down there I re-adjusted the clip. It takes all of 10 seconds to do once you're in there.

First impressions, I felt it took a little bit (about half) of the resistance out of the shifting. It definitely shifts smoother now, especially 3-4, 4-5, and 5-6. As mentioned above, probably not something mos of us will need to do, but if you're already digging in there to put in a shift plate or whatever, it's not bad to unclip, throw car in 4th, and re-clip.

On a side note, shift plate makes a nice difference on the back 3 gears (2,4,6) It feels like it takes about an inch off the shift...not sure if the trans bushings do anything, but they are on there now!

haste

1000 Post Club
I feel as though this thread should be stickied. As the FiST gets older and older more people may need this info...

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
So I just managed to break the clip adjusting mine. Anyone care to help me out with a part number for another clip ?

So I just managed to break the clip adjusting mine. Anyone care to help me out with a part number for another clip ?
I did the same thing when I did mine. Luckily most of the clip was intact and I wound up Zipp tying it in place. I've browsed tasca website and I wasn't able to find a replacement for the manual looks like you might have to buy the entire linkage.

Not entirely sure but this is what I got.
Part #: D2BZ-7E395-A

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Hmmm just the clips broke off mine. Zip ties are coming out. I work for a dealership with a Ford Franchise I'll see what they can do with that part number.

Thank you.

I broke the clip on mine also. You cannot get the clip separately - you have to buy the whole replacement cable. Wasn't paying that much for a clip. I just used a tiny hose clamp to secure it.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I broke the clip on mine also. You cannot get the clip separately - you have to buy the whole replacement cable. Wasn't paying that much for a clip. I just used a tiny hose clamp to secure it.
Yeah I'm not buying a cable. Zip ties installed.

So I made a video to help people with the clip.

[video=youtube;JtUlqXTfVus]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtUlqXTfVus[/video]

bro that '' song'' is soooo out of place in that video i cant understand s**t of what your saying..
It was recorded on a cell phone so that music covers up the background noise. (Believe me that song sounds better then the dishwasher). Not sure what to tell you. The song is mixed in at 10% and it was legal to use.

The pool of copyright free or creative domain music is pretty small. If you'd like to supply a song that you own the rights to I can remix the video and throw it in.

It does take some time to edit and upload even short videos like this. I'd appreciate if you try headphones. Maybe you're just loosing a lot of high end watching on your particular cell phone.

Lol it's
Not the song that bugs me.. It's the fact that i can't pick up what your saying...
I'm away from my computer this weekend. When I play it on my phone the levels sound fine. I can take a look at the raw file when I get home.

The just of it is, press evenly on the back side of the clip. Do NOT pull on the sides of the clip to pull it up.

Thinking I may need to check this out. I usually have to aggressively yank to get a smooth engagement into 2nd. If I just slip it in, the car clunks and jerks when I get off the clutch. If I slam it, and you can tell you are forcing it, it "crunches" in, then it is smooth off the clutch. This is by far the roughest, most mechanical feeling shifter I've driven. Everyone says "smooth as butter" so I'm assuming something is jacked up. Feels like the cable is caught. Any thoughts?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Thinking I may need to check this out. I usually have to aggressively yank to get a smooth engagement into 2nd. If I just slip it in, the car clunks and jerks when I get off the clutch. If I slam it, and you can tell you are forcing it, it "crunches" in, then it is smooth off the clutch. This is by far the roughest, most mechanical feeling shifter I've driven. Everyone says "smooth as butter" so I'm assuming something is jacked up. Feels like the cable is caught. Any thoughts?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Honestly I've done this adjustment twice. The engagement was way better after I put the trans bracket bushings in(2nd time). My advice if you're in there anyway do the bushings too. I was skeptical but I've done shift bracket alone, shifter alone and combined and my engagement didn't get better until after the bushings.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quisp

1000 Post Club
This saved me a trip to the dealer. I had engine replaced under warranty 3,000 miles ago . Since then the trans sounded like it had marbles rattling around and recently with clutch disengaged in first gear would clatter and felt the car bumping forward lightly { Felt like someone bumping from behind} Maybe hill hold engaging, disengaging. all quiet now.

Would anyone be able to help me /link me to somewhere with regards to removing the air intake pipe for my Fiesta ST? I am trying to do but this not sure what I need/how to remove the pipe.

Thanks