Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gearshift Cable Adjustment - Vehicles With: 6-Speed Manual Transmission - B6

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Would anyone be able to help me /link me to somewhere with regards to removing the air intake pipe for my Fiesta ST? I am trying to do but this not sure what I need/how to remove the pipe.

Thanks
This should help. [video=youtube;0IX2AkFvo-c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IX2AkFvo-c[/video]

I take it that this is an option only offered to the northern tier/Canuck FiST buyers??
I think it's an option across the US however the dealer I bought from orders it on all their cars (Minnesota).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I think it's an option across the US however the dealer I bought from orders it on all their cars (Minnesota).

OK, but I did not even see it on the options list when ordering this car. [dunno]

Did you ever figure out IF it was the block heater wire/harness rubbing on the shift cable??

OK, but I did not even see it on the options list when ordering this car. [dunno]

Did you ever figure out IF it was the block heater wire/harness rubbing on the shift cable??
Maybe they don't even give you the option in the warmer states.

I don't know if that was the issue for sure but it went away the next time I cleaned the air filter. (Cobb intake, took off the tube over the linkage)

Okay, I am just now starting to have an issue with my shifts. It's particularly bad when shifting from 1st to 2nd. It's like I need to really force/throw the shifter to get it into gear properly. Do you guys think adjusting the cable will help with this issue? Also, what exactly am I looking for when I go to make these adjustments?

Could this issue be related to a aftermarket RMM? It's the only logical modification that I have made to my car that makes sense to me.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Okay, I am just now starting to have an issue with my shifts. It's particularly bad when shifting from 1st to 2nd. It's like I need to really force/throw the shifter to get it into gear properly. Do you guys think adjusting the cable will help with this issue? Also, what exactly am I looking for when I go to make these adjustments?

Could this issue be related to a aftermarket RMM? It's the only logical modification that I have made to my car that makes sense to me.

Thanks in advance.

Matt
Why not ? It takes all of 10 minutes tops . The only thing your looking for is the shift linkage to minutely change length which it does itself.I wouldn't think RMM unless you had to pry engine significantly to install.

FieSTa!

Just wanted to say thanks for these instructions. Had an issue after installing FSWerks short shift and bushings with reverse lockout not working and difficulty finding 1st and 2nd gear. After spending the 5 minutes to perform the calibration the shifting issues are resolved and I can enjoy the short shifts! Thanks again.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
How does the gear selector pop off the ball on the transmission? Did you just use your hands to pop it off or pop it off with a screw driver or small pry bar?

How does the gear selector pop off the ball on the transmission? Did you just use your hands to pop it off or pop it off with a screw driver or small pry bar?
For just adjusting the cable, you don't have to pop the selector off the ball. You just undo the clip on the right. If you're not adjusting and do want to actually pop the selector off, I've only popped off the top selector, but I used a set of needle-nose pliers, opened up, as a sort of makeshift "pry bar" on both sides of the ball.

chi

Looks like Rodmoes images are broken. Anyone else have pictures of the pertinent bits?

Edit, I see the clip now in [MENTION=806]70sstrat08[/MENTION] video thanks!

is it possible to get an update on how to do this? picture would be helpful.. but would you need to:

1. pry the cable off of the shifter
2. take off the clip
3. put car in 4th gear
4. put the cable back on the shifter
5. push the clip back in?

my car running on or off still doesn't let 1st or 6th gear engage, but all the other gears work fine. any suggestions thank you

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
1) Place gear lever in Neutral
2) Parking brake applied
3) Remove clip,make sure cable moves freely. Note, this plastic clip is easy to break.
4) Select 4th gear
5) Push clip back into place.

(All this with intake off of course)

View attachment 13579 View attachment 13580 View attachment 13581 View attachment 13582 View attachment 13583
Doing this now.
This thread is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks guys!
I'll report back whether it helps.