Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gearshift Cable Adjustment - Vehicles With: 6-Speed Manual Transmission - B6

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It seemed to help my car. I wouldn't say it's a night and day difference, but considering it's free, I'd definitely give it a shot if you have shifting issues.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It seemed to help my car. I wouldn't say it's a night and day difference, but considering it's free, I'd definitely give it a shot if you have shifting issues.
I don't know how people break the clip! It's easy as pie....just thumb the back side where the clip comes out to start it to slide out ....then just push on the sides! Absurdity no tools needed accept to pop it off the shifter ball*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don't know how people break the clip! It's easy as pie....just thumb the back side where the clip comes out to start it to slide out ....then just push on the sides! Absurdity no tools needed accept to pop it off the shifter ball*

Actually, it might be easier than pie, it depends on if we're talking about eating or making it 🤣
Seriously though, it was super easy for me. I wonder if some people's clips are more brittle.
Does anyone know if this is just a ST thing? I have a manual ZX3 that feels pretty rough when I shift.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Actually, it might be easier than pie, it depends on if we're talking about eating or making it [emoji1787]
Seriously though, it was super easy for me. I wonder if some people's clips are more brittle.
Does anyone know if this is just a ST thing? I have a manual ZX3 that feels pretty rough when I shift.
Na...its from people using picks or screw drivers to pry on the clip* instead of their phallanges.

haste

1000 Post Club
Actually, it might be easier than pie, it depends on if we're talking about eating or making it 🤣
There is also an adjustment procedure for the ZX3. I've done it to mine, but it was ages ago. You can probably find the info at focus fanatics