Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Cobb Video

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I just bought the Cobb AP, and I was looking for reviews and saw this video. The video didn't so much catch my attention as the comment. Now I'm new to tunes, so I don't know much about them but can you guys shed any light on the "bad" comments that have been posted on the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_v8BuB5RsI

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I really wonder about some people then I remember..

1232 likes 36 don't like out of 62k plus views not a bad ratio..

which comments did you mean to be exact ?

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Just the ones where people are complaining about the 2-3 HP gain and comparing it to the Mountune tune and other tunes out there. Like I said, I don't know about tunes so I don't know about much their argument but I was just wondering if any of you guys had any comments on those comments in the video.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
The main place I find a COBB tune worth it's weight in gold is the low end TORQUE that is the number that will put you back in the seat when you nail it coming out off 1st into 2nd with TC off .. light up a smile on your face as this is where you drive most every day.. yes big HP numbers are cool but TQ is what moves you. plus anyone can "claim" big numbers but proof is in the driving so I have no fear COBB is bringing a more agressive Stage 2 and maybe Stage 3 tunes in good time till then let the nay sayers bleet like sheep as we pull away.. I have not really heard much of these race chips so I won't comment on them I have heard of COBB from way back when i was drooling over scoobies... lol

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Yeah, I love torque for sure. I can't wait for mine. I was just reading a bunch of the comments and was wondering what all the comments were about.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
With how small this turbo is, it's amazing there's even any extra power on tap. It's basically just more aggressive timing at this point.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
I cant complain about the Cobb AP and filter , I ran it on a dyno near by and put 250-256 lb/tq to the ground. I will update my car on here when I get home. as for the low amount of HP. its like Rodmoe says its not HP that sits you in your seat. the car feels awesome but im running winter tires that doesn't give me much track. cant wait for rear mount and summer tires. [gunfire]

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
In grateful for what this little 1.6L is throwing out and can understand if it can't produce more HP out of it. This is a huge accomplishment for a subcompact.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
I'm totally grateful; I love the car. And I can't wait for the Cobb because from everything I'm hearing it's the best thing for our car. I just wanted to see what you all said about this, people who know more about the car and about tunes than I do.