Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

215/40/r17 YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA AD08 R Review.

Just wanted to throw some info out there on these if anyone was interested in them, mainly because I couldn't find if they would fit on my wheels, so hopefully helpful to anyone else looking to put 215 wide tires on the Sparco 17x7s. I have the 17x7 Sparco Assetto Garas and now the 215/40/r17 Yokohamas. The tire barley fit and any bigger and it wouldn't have worked, I took two guys just to get them on the wheels hahah.

So to begin the story, I have been running the stock Potenza for close to 18k and I had 4 track days on them. I wanted to go wider but also stay close to the stock diameter, and not buy another whole set of wheels, and it seemed at 215 there were a couple better options on tire rack than at 205. I had narrowed my search down to the Dunlops and Falkens. However, I saw these at the last second and they had an 80$ rebate about to expire on them making them only slightly more expensive than the star specs, and they look a little better on paper at least, so I figured they might be worth it.

Street Review: Potenza Vs Yokohama
I had them installed on Wednesday, and I immediately felt the ride quality difference, the car felt more stable and planted and the way the tread is, there is less vibration through the steering wheel especial at low speeds it just felt like it was gliding. I haven't really noticed any more road noise on the highway either. Steering feel an turn is are still great and I haven't notice any major fuel economy drop.

Track Review: Potenza Vs Yokohama
Ran the Milwaukee mile 1.8 mile infield course saturday in mid 90's heat for 3 20min HPDE sessions in the morning and 9 timed autocross laps in the afternoon. Compared to last time I was there a month a go it was cold and the Potenzas had no grip, I would wheel spin off the line all the way till 3rd gear and wash out wide in the kinks and the oval. The Advans grip was amazing! my launches were great I was hitting 60mph before I had to brake for turn one and they only chirped when I went from 1st to 2nd and traction came back right a way. If I felt like I was too wide mid corner I just turned in a bit more they responded so much better than the Potenzas ever did. I wound up running almost the exact same time on five laps as the day and heat went on so I'm really happy with how consistent the tires were even though I was losing power as the day went on. The tire pressures held better too, only had to bleed them down once and it wasn't even a huge increase at that, and they came down by them selves in between runs really well. I probably could have run a bit lower too, the side walls are so stiff they didn't even get any wear on the banked turn of the oval.

I have no idea how long they will last but so far i'm really happy with the purchase.

Mmmmm yes.. I was just looking for this thread. Im running the same wheels and I'm going to get a set of falken azenis rt-615k
The fit looks awesome on your ride.

OP
BBock
Thread Starter #5
Mmmmm yes.. I was just looking for this thread. Im running the same wheels and I'm going to get a set of falken azenis rt-615k
The fit looks awesome on your ride.
Glad I could help[twothumb], Yeah they are flush with the wheel and fill the wheel well better than the 205s, looks so good from the front and back.

I actually just bought wheel spacers and I'm running 205s. I have mountune springs waiting to be installed as well so we'll see how it all comes together.

OP
BBock
Thread Starter #7
Just put my all seasons back on Thought id through some more of my experience with the tires up.

After looking at the Yokohama's I'm really impressed, they went through 4 track days, 5 Auto-crosses and about 20K highway miles since June and still have about 3/32nd of tread on them. They are heat cycled out though so no more track days, but they should be good for a few more months of street driving next spring, well worth the investment for me personally.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
NICE [thumb], and if they did not cost so much more than the Star Specs (without any rebates/specials), I would consider them as well.

What is notable is just how NOT 'pinched' they appear to be on a 7" wide wheel, despite that tire being about the widest 215/40 of any out there, so all of the 'stretchies' on here can go moan somewhere else.[wink]

I am going to put a 215/40-17 on a 17x8, so I expect great response out of it, regardless of actual tread width.