Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Android Auto finally here?

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
In another thread about Sync3 apps a Ford tech person posted and I asked them about release. They seem to think it will be before the end of the year now, instead of the summer.

Bluedrank

I do not believe that this information was posted last month. Fords website took all the dates off of the Android Auto section which kinda implies that its available.
Read the other thread that I linked. We were talking about all of this information last month. It's nothing new. I've personally been seeing this info since roughly early May at latest.

If they never do it, it wont be the first time they've broken promises about sync updates and future capabilities. So I wouldnt hold by breath on this happening.

Hey All,

The Android Auto and Apple CarPlay updates for the 2016 vehicles with SYNC 3 are due to be released later this year. Your patience is much appreciated!

Cara

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Later in the year meaning not Summer like originally noted more than 8 months ago. Highly disappointed...

Bluedrank

Hey All,

The Android Auto and Apple CarPlay updates for the 2016 vehicles with SYNC 3 are due to be released later this year. Your patience is much appreciated!

Cara
Ouch. Disappointing that we still don't have a date. If I could make a recommendation, push your supervisors to give us a projected date for this. We've been hearing later this year for a long time.

Bluedrank

Key word here is "possibly"
Yeah, I only say possibly because I don't believe Ford until I see it out, or they actually man up and release a date we can expect it. They did announce it would be coming for 16 owners with sync 3 though.

Hey All,

Cara
While I appreciate that someone is here to take the beating this is like a line out out of Samsungs playbook as follows; delay, delay,.... delay some more, delay.... delay.... give vague answers... give even more vague answers... stop communicating.... discontinue product, rinse, repeat.

The thing here is that no one should ever purchase something based on future promises, it's like pre-ordering video games, yet people do it anyway and get mad when their money is gone and all they've got is a polished turd.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've given up on waiting. My prediction is they'll release the '17s with it as beta testers then update us if all goes well.

No updates I assume?
Nope, last I heard it was supposed to be here by the end of summer. Now it's fall, soon it will be 2017 and Ford will just hope everyone forgot about it.

Better off hoping for an aftermarket car stereo kit.

While I appreciate that someone is here to take the beating this is like a line out out of Samsungs playbook as follows; delay, delay,.... delay some more, delay.... delay.... give vague answers... give even more vague answers... stop communicating.... discontinue product, rinse, repeat.

The thing here is that no one should ever purchase something based on future promises, it's like pre-ordering video games, yet people do it anyway and get mad when their money is gone and all they've got is a polished turd.

At least Samsung has the common courtesy to make their products explode. All that power can't be held back if you follow.

Of course there isn't any update, they are in the not communicating phase right before they discontinue the product.

I wanted to not believe this... then I googled it. Now I'm pissed I bought a '16. Thanks, lol :D
We get stuck with some headphones they tore appart and glued into the doors. Now the new FiSTs get B&O speakers?! If they do the Audi 'rise-out-of-the-dash' thing we riot.