Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Android Auto finally here?

Bluedrank

Being subscribed to this thread gets me every single time when I check my email. That moment of hope is smashed every single time when it's just people asking if it's out or commenting on something else. :(

Being subscribed to this thread gets me every single time when I check my email. That moment of hope is smashed every single time when it's just people asking if it's out or commenting on something else. :(
x2. However, I think this thread will EXPLODE once (if) it does come thru, so one to three replies in a day is probably nothing important ;)

Sent from my Spaceship

The only thing I have to add to this thread - I did a bit of research online, saw all of the angry mobs of people (if you think this is bad check out the F series guys with the sync3 stuff and no android auto/carplay) and decided I was gonna play dumb pick on my service adviser a bit... So I asked him how come the ford owner website says it supports those 2 features, and yet the car doesn't and can't find any updates when checking over wifi...

He did pull up a screen where he said they are sometimes able to force an update if one is available but not marked as available for that car.. he did find an update to a version 1.1, but it wasn't the 2.0 that we need. It wasn't clear what exactly 1.1 did, but it wasn't android auto, I know that... It wasn't marked as available for my car though, thought that was interesting.

He did read the part where they said an update will be available later this year and his words exactly were: "well, they're running out of the whole 'this year' part..."

*knocks on wood* I still haven't had trouble with sync 3 yet but damn Ford is really dragging their feet with giving all of us with '16s the AA update while all the '17s get it out of the box. That's some real BS

Slightly off topic but i have only been able to get the useless fordpass app to download to the unit, no pandora or Iheart radio.

Going in on the 9th for the free first oil change and i'll bug them about android auto.

Sync 3 is a huge improvement over my cmax with sync 2. Glad I got the navigation. I can't stand using a Garmin or my phone mounted to the dash running gps. I haven't had one hiccup with the system yet. But after using AA for the few days I did it's nice getting notifications and doing a Google voice search for navigation with just the name of the place. My 16 has AA print in the manual, kinda false advertising. Chevy you have to plug the phone in to activate AA, would be nice to run it over Bluetooth. The Chevy in car usb port is not quickcharge 2.0, took hours to charge the phone.

I have Android Auto up and running in my 16. I also have an iPhone (work) and Apple Car Play requires the USB to also be plugged in (dumb)

Spaceman_Spiff

I have Android Auto up and running in my 16. I also have an iPhone (work) and Apple Car Play requires the USB to also be plugged in (dumb)
Are you using bluetooth or usb? I'm running AA also via bluetooth, but I still have to use the phone to interact with it.

Sent from my Spaceship

Are you using bluetooth or usb? I'm running AA also via bluetooth, but I still have to use the phone to interact with it.

Sent from my Spaceship
Android - Bluetooth and I can do everything on Sync 3
Apple - Bluetooth and USB and I can do everything on Sync 3

I use the Apple the most since work pays for my data and I can hotspot the phone and use the Sync 3 as a network gateway. In my wife's car (15 Edge Sport) I do the same thing with her Sync 2 and it lets the kids use their phones and tablets when we road trip. Also, hotspotting allows me to easily run diagnostics and update the Sync (both 2 and 3)

Spaceman_Spiff

Android - Bluetooth and I can do everything on Sync 3
Apple - Bluetooth and USB and I can do everything on Sync 3

I use the Apple the most since work pays for my data and I can hotspot the phone and use the Sync 3 as a network gateway. In my wife's car (15 Edge Sport) I do the same thing with her Sync 2 and it lets the kids use their phones and tablets when we road trip. Also, hotspotting allows me to easily run diagnostics and update the Sync (both 2 and 3)
Interesting. What model year is your car, when did you get it? Within the last couple of months, by chance?

Sent from my Spaceship

Interesting. What model year is your car, when did you get it? Within the last couple of months, by chance?

Sent from my Spaceship
2016. got it used almost two weeks ago (11/18).

Have you checked to make sure that your Sync has the latest update? Just need to get it on wifi to do it but you can check to see your Sync Version Update without the network connection