Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Android Auto finally here?

Bluedrank

This thread should be closed before us '16 guys get too excited.

That stuff has been up on their help site for a while. I think I noticed it maybe in April.

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...upport.html?year=2016&model=Fiesta&sync=sync3

"Note: Apple CarPlay is available on 2017 model year Ford vehicles with compatible SYNC 3. Owners of 2016 model year Ford vehicles with SYNC 3 are required to perform a software upgrade and purchase a hardware upgrade to use Apple CarPlay. Please check back on the Ford Owner site this summer for more information about these upgrades."

hardware upgrade? fuckscuse me?

Bluedrank

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...upport.html?year=2016&model=Fiesta&sync=sync3

"Note: Apple CarPlay is available on 2017 model year Ford vehicles with compatible SYNC 3. Owners of 2016 model year Ford vehicles with SYNC 3 are required to perform a software upgrade and purchase a hardware upgrade to use Apple CarPlay. Please check back on the Ford Owner site this summer for more information about these upgrades."

hardware upgrade? fuckscuse me?
This is new, first I've heard about that. Looks like the 2016 owners are fucked. After that big announcement I guess it's not going to be fully compatible with our cars without replacing the internal hardware of the unit or something.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
2016 owners aren't fucked, looks like Apple owners are.
Lol yup. Always have been. My old speed3 needed a cable for my daughter's iPhone. So does the jvc I put in my wife's car. I wasnt surprised to see that our cars needed it also. One of many reasons I'll stick with Android.

fatbuster

I'm looking to purchase a new Fiesta ST & since I use an Android phone I decided to check the Android Auto page to see it is or will be supported. According to https://www.android.com/auto/ford/ the Fiesta ('16 or '17) isn't on the list of supported vehicles. I know Ford made a statement that all Sync 3 vehicles will get the ability, but I haven't heard anything new since and now I'm worried the Fiesta may be left out. Has anyone heard any update on this?

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
They say we are getting the update. They just won't say when...I've been meaning to reconnect my car to WiFi (i leave it disabled) to see if anything shows up.

Bluedrank

No news whatsoever. They've been super quiet about this, probably due to problems keeping their promise.

I think our best chance at hearing news about this would be when the 2017 models are released, which I guess is still a few months away.

Hmm. Usually it'll redirect once you input a car it's not compatible with, but it kept me on the same page after i told it my 2016 fiesta with sync 3. Maybe? The next question is whether its a downloaded update or a dealer reflash...

I do not believe that this information was posted last month. Fords website took all the dates off of the Android Auto section which kinda implies that its available.