Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ModBargains.com | Injen SP Air Intake for 2014+ Ford Fiesta ST

Thanks for the quick response. And yeah, that's what I would do. I'll definitely keep this intake in mind going forward.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
For what it's worth, your Fiesta ST also does not have to smog for a full six years from new. We've also dropped our price on the Injen Intake and exhaust even lower over here, lowest price on the Injen anywhere.

IIRC, this intake is back on my Fiesta and I believe it is CARB E/O pending, like most of the other intakes for Fiesta ST. I do not think ANY of the intakes for the Fiesta ST have a CARB E/O at this time.

Also, for what it's worth, since the system leaves the EGR and PCV system intact, you should also be good on smog.

TheStig

Still loving my injen intake over here. We will see what another full summer brings with it but im sure it'll be just fine.

[driving]

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
protip: do you still have the snorkel from your OEM intake box? retain that guy and reinstall it- then follow where the tube inlet draws from, that area hidden inside the top of the front bumper - cut a hole so that air can enter the grille and pass directly through the inlet to the airbox. this helps in reducing intake air temps and thus air charge temps - if the air going into the FMIC is cooler, the air coming out is even cooler still. I get much closer to ambient air temps since having done it.

OP
ModBargains
Thread Starter #25
If you're looking for a great deal, make sure to get in touch with me directly!

protip: do you still have the snorkel from your OEM intake box? retain that guy and reinstall it- then follow where the tube inlet draws from, that area hidden inside the top of the front bumper - cut a hole so that air can enter the grille and pass directly through the inlet to the airbox. this helps in reducing intake air temps and thus air charge temps - if the air going into the FMIC is cooler, the air coming out is even cooler still. I get much closer to ambient air temps since having done it.
Picture?

OP
ModBargains
Thread Starter #27
Still have a ton in stock ready to ship! Call to order @ 714.582.3330 extension 8002, or ask for Jurrian!

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Generally speaking, it's a better idea to contact people via pm if you're going to put out your phone number or any other type of personal information.

SFP

Generally speaking, it's a better idea to contact people via pm if you're going to put out your phone number or any other type of personal information.
Not really concerned since its tied to a business anyway.

OP
ModBargains
Thread Starter #32
I'm catching up on things from over the weekend so everyone who sent me a PM will be getting a response in just a bit.

Really looking hard at this injen intake but the car is still under warranty and the old lady is worried about 'voiding' it by installing the intake if something else in the engine fails. I know that's always a possibility but what are everyone's thoughts on that?

Bozard Ford I think would be the most mod friendly dealer near me if I had to take it in for something else...

OP
ModBargains
Thread Starter #34
Really looking hard at this injen intake but the car is still under warranty and the old lady is worried about 'voiding' it by installing the intake if something else in the engine fails. I know that's always a possibility but what are everyone's thoughts on that?

Bozard Ford I think would be the most mod friendly dealer near me if I had to take it in for something else...
There will always be a debate on this, always... Truth is the Magnuson and Moss Warranty act protects you in this instance. You can read more about it here - http://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2011/01/ftc-validates-right-to-install-aftermarket-parts

In a nutshell though, just because you put an aftermarket part on the car doesn't mean it automatically voids your warranty on the car. First of all even if the dealer did want to void your warranty, it would only be for that specific part. So lets say you put some ebay forged cheese springs on the car and they break, and your control arm gets all beat up. Now if they can prove that the springs caused the failure, then sure you wont be warrantied for the control arm, they can prove that what you did to the car caused the break. Now just because you installed a part on the car though, doesn't mean that they are legally allowed to void your warranty just because the part is on, it has to cause beyond a shadow of a doubt that it did the damage.

Luckily though, as long as there are still manufacturers out there like Injen who make high quality parts, we wont have to worry about things like that.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Has this intake been updated to fit the new 2016 with the extra connection requirement?