Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MBRP 3-inch catback vs FSWerks catback

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I am debating between these two catback exhausts, and they seem like the most quiet while providing good power gains still.

The MBRP is 3" and ModBargains has it for $425 shipped which is a steal!

The FSWerks is 2.5" and is $550 plus shipping.

I've extensively watched videos on both but not sure which to get. The MBRP just seems like too good of a deal to pass up but I'd like other opinions on this.

Bluedrank

Lol at the MBRP being quiet. Did you search the forums regarding that? Pretty much every owner reports insane head shaking drone at highway speeds.

FistSt215

Yes mbrp has lots of drone especially around 3k rpm. Only driven on highway once so normal street driving drone don't bother me one bit

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I hadn't searched regarding noise. Guess it isn't as quiet as the videos make it seem. :(

Don't buy the MBRP if you hate loud bassy head thumping drone. I had it then changed to the cobb cat back and couldn't be happier sounds nice and mellow zero drone, don't go by what you hear on the videos because they all sound way different in person even cobb just had to get my word in lol.

Bluedrank

The mbrp is the loudest option apart from a straight pipe exhaust. 3 inches is far too big for our cars.

I guess I am the exception, but I love the sound of my MBRP. Then again I also loved my FoST with MBRP catless DP and 3" catback. I can handle the drone in exchange for the deep burbling and popping about town, and the initial growl on startup. I get nothing but compliments on it.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I don't necessarily have a problem with loud, but it's not what I'm looking for in a daily driver.

caliboy15

I have FSWerks and I thank GOD I got that exhaust. ZERO drone and loud enough but not annoyingly loud

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Went with my gut and ordered the FSWerks. This is the exhaust I originally wanted anyways.

You'll like the Fswerks. I've had mine for about 8k miles now and it's quality. Good sound, low drone and has some nice burbles and pops.