Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car alarm going off constantly....

Every night for the last 3-4 nights my car alarm has been going off sometimes twice. At first I thought it was a person. Then I thought it was a cat so I parked somewhere else. But no luck. It only seems to happen at night which I do not understand at all. It's pissing me off beyond words waking the neighbors up every night. Anyone have any clue what's going on? My car is highly modded but nothing electric other than the accessport.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
A guy I know with his FoST had a similar issue. It was a corroded plug for the alarm wire harness. Can't remember where but if you can find the alarm wiring schematic may want to check everything that it is tied to it.

OP
Loganwept
Thread Starter #3
For sure I'll look into that tonight. I think I'm going to uninstall my accessport as well just to see if that works

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Check your tailgate to make sure latched?

OP
Loganwept
Thread Starter #5
I've driven it since the issue started happening and I didn't have a door ajar light but I'll try that too! Thanks!

Anyone else seen this issue?

Coming from owning mid-90's Infiniti G20's we had this issue (some newer, but more frequent with age). It often was the security plunger for the front hood, which was just out-of-adjustment that high winds, for example, would set it off (or old dried out rubber in later years). This was remedied by either disconnecting the sensor or attempting adjustment (loosening the attachment bracket and shifting up toward hood before re-tightening). It may be possible that the hood or hatch sensor isn't always getting the pressure it expects and so activates the alarm.

Outside of that maybe a bad sensor was installed at the factory.

OP
Loganwept
Thread Starter #7
I looked into that. The hood close sensors isn't a plunger it's a different mechanism. Also it does have a light on the dash that lets you know if the hood is open. All doors show closed but that doesn't rule out them malfunctioning in the middle of the night. Thanks for the input!

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Only at night? Sounds like an x-girlfriend to me lol

Old topic, but this just started happening to me the other day. Does anyone know if the solution was found? And if so, how difficult would it be to DIY it? I'm outside of the bumper-to-bumper warranty and I don't think a solid argument could be made for this to be power train. Any input is appreciated.

Edit to add detail: I have noticed throughout the past that the door ajar light will come on sporadically during operation. I'll get out and check all the doors and none seem ajar. So I open and close them all and the light turns off. Based on the manual I have access to, the door ajar indicator CAN trigger the alarm. Wondering if maybe there's a corroded pin there or if the latches are faulty (this car DID get serviced for the latch recall).

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Old topic, but this just started happening to me the other day. Does anyone know if the solution was found? And if so, how difficult would it be to DIY it? I'm outside of the bumper-to-bumper warranty and I don't think a solid argument could be made for this to be power train. Any input is appreciated.

Edit to add detail: I have noticed throughout the past that the door ajar light will come on sporadically during operation. I'll get out and check all the doors and none seem ajar. So I open and close them all and the light turns off. Based on the manual I have access to, the door ajar indicator CAN trigger the alarm. Wondering if maybe there's a corroded pin there or if the latches are faulty (this car DID get serviced for the latch recall).
Yes door ajar without unlocking the door will cause teh alarm. So first next time you see the door ajar. wrongly onpen and close each door one at a time to see if you can find which door is the culprit. Don't forget the hatch. THen you have a fighting chance of fixing the problem door.

I think there's a recall for door locks might be worth getting your car to see if that helps

Yes door ajar without unlocking the door will cause teh alarm. So first next time you see the door ajar. wrongly onpen and close each door one at a time to see if you can find which door is the culprit. Don't forget the hatch. THen you have a fighting chance of fixing the problem door.
Well, the good news is that it's sort of addressed itself. The alarm won't go off anymore. But that's because the car just ALWAYS thinks a door is ajar now. I tried to go around the car a couple times slamming each door and checking to see if the light turned off, but it stayed on the whole time. Even checked the hood. So now I need to get the code checked to see which door it is. Would autozone be able to read that? Or is that something I'd need to go to a dealer to do?

I think there's a recall for door locks might be worth getting your car to see if that helps
There was a recall some years ago for the latches. Service history of the car shows it received this service. Not sure if I could get a second free service if a previously recalled component fails again. Would be cool if it worked out that way though.

There was a recall some years ago for the latches. Service history of the car shows it received this service. Not sure if I could get a second free service if a previously recalled component fails again. Would be cool if it worked out that way though.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Well, the good news is that it's sort of addressed itself. The alarm won't go off anymore. But that's because the car just ALWAYS thinks a door is ajar now. I tried to go around the car a couple times slamming each door and checking to see if the light turned off, but it stayed on the whole time. Even checked the hood. So now I need to get the code checked to see which door it is. Would autozone be able to read that? Or is that something I'd need to go to a dealer to do?
Not sure if it can be read but you can try this. With the car running open the doors one at a time. The console will chime if the door goes from close to open. The door that does not do that is the one that is the problem.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Not sure if it can be read but you can try this. With the car running open the doors one at a time. The console will chime if the door goes from close to open. The door that does not do that is the one that is the problem.