Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2018 Next-Gen Ford Fiesta ST Spied

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Cylinder deactivation?? Is it going to run on ONE cylinder on the highway?!?

Exhaust valve? Is it going to have a butterfly valve in the factory muffler to give it more sound in "Sport" and "Track" modes??

Some will appreciate that they got rid of the slots in the rear wing/spoiler, and I like the grille, and that they lessened the 'Predator' (of the movie of the same name) look of the front fascia from what ours is currently.

There still needs to be more (and accurate) FACTORY installed gauges, and an option for an assembly line installed LSD, and I am NOT enamored of the style of those wheels [nono] (WHY couldn't they just use the 'parts bin' Focus Rally style deals???), and the wheel weight freaks on here will have CONNIPTIONS over them going to 18s.

All that said, IF the weight did not increase (or even went LOWER, which is HIGHLY unlikely), AND they offer a 3 door here in NA/the states IF and when it ever does get here, I would consider it as an option. [wink]

Brura22

Cylinder deactivation?? Is it going to run on ONE cylinder on the highway?!?

Exhaust valve? Is it going to have a butterfly valve in the factory muffler to give it more sound in "Sport" and "Track" modes??

Some will appreciate that they got rid of the slots in the rear wing/spoiler, and I like the grille, and that they lessened the 'Predator' (of the movie of the same name) look of the front fascia from what ours is currently.

There still needs to be more (and accurate) FACTORY installed gauges, and an option for an assembly line installed LSD, and I am NOT enamored of the style of those wheels [nono] (WHY couldn't they just use the 'parts bin' Focus Rally style deals???), and the wheel weight freaks on here will have CONNIPTIONS over them going to 18s.

All that said, IF the weight did not increase (or even went LOWER, which is HIGHLY unlikely), AND they offer a 3 door here in NA/the states IF and when it ever does get here, I would consider it as an option. [wink]
Hey man, gotta research a little before losing it.
It'll deactivate ONE cylinder and run on TWO while cruising for fuel efficiency.
Ford has done this for years in their trucks.
Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hey man, gotta research a little before losing it.
It'll deactivate ONE cylinder and run on TWO while cruising for fuel efficiency.
Ford has done this for years in their trucks.
So has GM, even in their performance cars currently, and yes, it does work (mainly done because of CAFE standard mandates) as intended.

But, the FIRST thing many enthusiasts do when getting a current LT1 V-8 equipped C7, or 6th gen Camaro is turn this crap OFF by staying in the driving modes (Sport, Track) in which it CANNOT activate.[wink]