Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fifteen52 flares install

So my fifteen52 flares showed up today and I (being a journeyman auto body tech) am slightly puzzled at how they expect them to be installed. The flares themselves are basically only shells of fibreglass with no smooth edge or flange to utilize the supplied tube of windshield urethane. Any one have any tips on a suggested method of install? Im thinking of beefing up the fibreglass and driving holes to mount the flares with rivnuts and bolts.

Pics of a quick test fit because pics make a thread better.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
So my fifteen52 flares showed up today and I (being a journeyman auto body tech) am slightly puzzled at how they expect them to be installed. The flares themselves are basically only shells of fibreglass with no smooth edge or flange to utilize the supplied tube of windshield urethane. Any one have any tips on a suggested method of install? Im thinking of beefing up the fibreglass and driving holes to mount the flares with rivnuts and bolts.

Pics of a quick test fit because pics make a thread better.
What is the purpose of this? Is it just for looks?

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thread Starter #7
ill grab some pics on the weekend, but there isn't anything there lol its hard to explain

I got the spoiler extension from them (in CF so it wasn't cheap) and they told me to install it with the window adhesive...the thing would not fit right. So I emailed them back saying the fit was really off. They told me it was because it was cold out and I needed to install it when it was warmer....lol ? I took it to a body shop recently (it was 90+ degrees out) and they said it would need some modification to fit properly, and that they didn't think the window adhesive was the best idea. For how much that thing cost (and how long I waited for it) it should fit right. I'm going to end up paying someone more money to get it to fit right. I like their wheels, but it seems like their body stuff isn't all that great, especially for the cost. There looks to be some fitment issues with your flares, gap city.

I got the spoiler extension from them (in CF so it wasn't cheap) and they told me to install it with the window adhesive...the thing would not fit right. So I emailed them back saying the fit was really off. They told me it was because it was cold out and I needed to install it when it was warmer....lol ? I took it to a body shop recently (it was 90+ degrees out) and they said it would need some modification to fit properly, and that they didn't think the window adhesive was the best idea. For how much that thing cost (and how long I waited for it) it should fit right. I'm going to end up paying someone more money to get it to fit right. I like their wheels, but it seems like their body stuff isn't all that great, especially for the cost. There looks to be some fitment issues with your flares, gap city.
Just received my spoiler extension last week and it's bang on. Installation next week =D

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
These cars should come right out of the factory with bigger flares on them, especially at the back.

But then I also think that WE here in the states/NA should get the 3 door version as well. [:(]