Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune vs. Cobb Motor Mount

Time to purchase my first mod for the FiST. I'm looking at Mountune and Cobb motor mounts and was wondering if anyone had experience with both. They are pretty much identically priced but I'm looking to see if anyone has any personal experience that will help make my decision. Seems to be that Mountune wouldn't affect my warranty either so I may be leaning slightly in that direction. Thanks in advance to everyone for their input!

They are pretty much identical in all ways, price, design etc, it would just come down to which name you prefer

OP
CRasch
Thread Starter #3
[MENTION=4960]eglove[/MENTION] thank you for the info. I just hopped onto both websites and a chat window popped up from Mountune asking if they could help me with anything. I asked if they had any specials on the RMM and they gave me a discount code. Good customer service like that led me to order one. Can't wait to install my first mod!

Zormecteon

I can't speak to the customer service from Cobb, but that of mountune is exemplary.

Also have the mountune roll restrictor (earlier design with the yellow bushings). Zero increase in NVH. Great product. Recommended.

[MENTION=4960]eglove[/MENTION] thank you for the info. I just hopped onto both websites and a chat window popped up from Mountune asking if they could help me with anything. I asked if they had any specials on the RMM and they gave me a discount code. Good customer service like that led me to order one. Can't wait to install my first mod!
Did you get a backorder notification? I ordered over Memorial Day weekend and Mountune still doesn't know when they will have it in stock to ship.

OP
CRasch
Thread Starter #8
Did you get a backorder notification? I ordered over Memorial Day weekend and Mountune still doesn't know when they will have it in stock to ship.
No notification as of yet. I will gladly update when I get shipping confirmation.

I believe they are on backorder, I cancelled mine since it still had to be CNC'd

OP
CRasch
Thread Starter #10
[MENTION=700]a10thunder[/MENTION] I spoke with Mountune today and they are expecting the shipment within the next week, at which point they will be sending out the products to customers. From the reviews in this post, it's worth the wait.

[MENTION=700]a10thunder[/MENTION] I spoke with Mountune today and they are expecting the shipment within the next week, at which point they will be sending out the products to customers. From the reviews in this post, it's worth the wait.
Thanks for the heads up. I have the cp-e RMM right now. I'm hoping to do a comparison between the two.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Does anyone actually have the Boomba RMM installed??

I was leaning towards that one since it comes COMPLETE, and does not require any reuse of OEM brackets and such.

Does anyone actually have the Boomba RMM installed??

I was leaning towards that one since it comes COMPLETE, and does not require any reuse of OEM brackets and such.
I have ran the Cobb, boomba and now cp-e. The boomba and cp-e are the only two "complete" mounts I'm aware of. Personally if I could do it over again I'd go with the cp-e and not of even looked at anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FistSt215

Just installed my Cobb rmm . Didn't notice any difference in shifting yet since I drove to the grocery store in flip flops lol we all know how difficult of a drive that is lol . Installed was super easy . Took all of 15-20 mins . The longest part was going out to advanced and picking up a deep socket set . Don't forget that !

The longest part was going out to advanced and picking up a deep socket set . Don't forget that !
Despite what the instructions say you don't need a deep socket for the install. I didn't have any deep sockets but I did have an offset box end wrench of the correct size that worked fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would like more info on why cp-e over cobb or mountune. I have a boomba right now and this thing is just too loud and shakes so much it disrupts passengers. I was thinking about a cobb but you say that it is not smooth between shifts? I thought that was the point of the RMM. I mean if I shift from first to second in a parking lot and the rpms drop to 1k on the shift I can get some mount movement but other than that everything is stiff. I know it has to be something other than the rmm though because is is too soft of a movement to be the stiff boomba. If this is what you mean by it still moves then your RMM is not the problem. As for aggressive 1st 2nd and 3rd shifts the boomba feels great and helps hold traction a lot better.

I would like more info on why cp-e over cobb or mountune. I have a boomba right now and this thing is just too loud and shakes so much it disrupts passengers. I was thinking about a cobb but you say that it is not smooth between shifts? I thought that was the point of the RMM. I mean if I shift from first to second in a parking lot and the rpms drop to 1k on the shift I can get some mount movement but other than that everything is stiff. I know it has to be something other than the rmm though because is is too soft of a movement to be the stiff boomba. If this is what you mean by it still moves then your RMM is not the problem. As for aggressive 1st 2nd and 3rd shifts the boomba feels great and helps hold traction a lot better.
The cp-e is a good combination between the boomba (which was way too rough for my liking) and the Cobb (slightly better than stock) I do a lot of autocross and track days with the car but if you don't plan on doing that the Cobb could work for you, just wasn't for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FistSt215

Love the Cobb so far smoother shifts controlled wheel hop during hard acceleration. Minimal vibes only when the ac is on during idle . No complaints here . I don't track or auto cross so this is perfect for daily and fun on the streets .