Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Got my old car sold and spent 6 hours yesterday working on my paint/clearing out my side of the garage.

The Fiesta's paint was in OK shape when I bought it, but the lot tech must have used a dirty rag when they washed the car and it was covered in small swirls. I practiced restraint and washed/cleaned my old car on Saturday before spending most of Sunday washing, clay barring, polishing and waxing the new ride. The paint looks incredible. I bought a bottle of Adams Polishes VRT for the stripes, but upon further reading found that a lot of people were experiencing running, despite it supposedly being water resistant. As such, I was hesitant to apply it to the outside of my car. We did a small patch test on the stripes with my fancy Pinnacle Souveran wax (this is a greasy type carnauba wax, it never hazes over and as such is super easy to wipe clean, which is also why we thought it might work ok on the satin vinyl stripes). The Pinnacle Souveran works like a champ on the vinyl. Just darkens up the black a bit but retains the satin finish. Taped the stripes before hitting it with the clay bar and polish though.

Now that the old car is gone, I can spend some of that $$ getting new wheels!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Impressive results.

If I wasn't so far from you I'd give you some money to get my car that clean [hihi]. In all seriousness it looks great good job.

OP
GypsyBagelhands
Thread Starter #5
If I wasn't so far from you I'd give you some money to get my car that clean [hihi]. In all seriousness it looks great good job.
Haha, I am not exactly cost effective! I am an extremely slow worker. Took me about 6 hours to correct essentially "new" paint.