Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

15x8 and 225 45r15?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
A lot of cars running 15's daily, I would not worry about brake cooling unless you are really working them hard on a hot day. You can add some defectors to help, Porsche ones have been used, DIY pretty easy to fab up, etc.....

I am using the middle raised area of the bumper cover which is sealed below with a splitter/undertray combo, ducts mated to it, works really well, barely any added weight.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I should say tracking the car even on a warm day you could overheat them if you use the brakes hard, make sure to turn off all the nannies you can which makes it a bit easier on them.
If you track it then a good idea to at least have something to duct air to the brakes, the better it is focused where needed the better it will work of course.

grnmachine02

I haven't tracked the car yet, I wouldn't mind doing so though. I do take trips to the dragon every now and again, and cooking the brakes on the side of mountain doesn't sound like fun. I may look into some brake cooling mods.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
One thing that will help, the lighter the wheels the less work for the brakes, less heat produced by them, one thing often overlooked. Lighter wheels help every single aspect of performance, less wear on the chassis as well:)

Bump because it seems like an appropiate thread for this. Final vote call, do you guys think 225/45/15 Rival S 1.5's on TD 1.2's 15x8 would fit without rub at my ride height? Bc Racing coilovers w/ -2.1 camber and 12F/11R damping.

Hey @RAAM, did you have to add any sort of modification to run that wheel/tire combo (15x9)?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

PCA-1

Bump because it seems like an appropriate thread for this. Final vote call, do you guys think 225/45/15 Rival S 1.5's on TD 1.2's 15x8 would fit without rub at my ride height? Bc Racing coilovers w/ -2.1 camber and 12F/11R damping.

Rodmoe ran the exact setup IIRC. TD 15x8 w/225/45/15 on BC coilovers.

Thread found here.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hey @RAAM, did you have to add any sort of modification to run that wheel/tire combo (15x9)?

Rick did some MAJOR surgery, especially in the rear beam axle area in order to fit those width wheels (obviously even after switching out to a 4x100 PCD bolt pattern hub drilling in order to even FIND anything in that width [wink]).

I am sure he will chime in soon and inform you what is involved. [:)]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Maximum pulling and rolling the fenders, trim off seam sealer on the fender to metal liner seam, cut rear axle flanges loose and change to -1.9 camber and zero toe, reweld flanges.

You can get to -.15 camber with the softer flexing none ST rear axle but I do not know the width flange to flange so it might not be enough camber. I learned about this from Team O'Neil as it is what they did on the rally cars. I bet one can find a junk yard axle that is not bent and try it.

meFiSTo

I'm running that size in the hankook RS3 tire. No issues so far on 15x8s and be coilovers. I've not yet driven them at the track and I do not have the car at a particularly low ride height (lower than stock, but as tall as the coilovers will muster). -2.0 deg I camber in front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DaveG99

Man the 225/45/15 look is making me want to actually get 15" wheels. The rivals are 23" tall which is just a tad under stock. And i bet the grip is amazing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Man the 225/45/15 look is making me want to actually get 15" wheels. The rivals are 23" tall which is just a tad under stock. And i bet the grip is amazing.
^^^True, but aesthetics wise I would only run that setup on a (properly for handling's sake) lowered car.
My almost 24" tall (23.9") 215/40-17 setup already has too much of a Rallycross-like wheel to fender gap as it is on the factory suspension, even being 0.6" TALLER THAN stock (the 225/45-15s, depending on which one you choose are about 0.5" SHORTER THAN factory).

DaveG99

Yeah. I plan on the swift spec springs Being installed eventually. And the slightly smaller tire will improve the gearing for acceleration as well. Ive been window shopping for wheels and tires for a few weeks now. I'm keeping my indys with stock wheels for daily driving and any longer trips I go on but need something light and sticky for fun. I need to have them on the car before April for our next North Texas ST Cruise.