Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FSWerks Short Shift Kit Review

Been thinking about getting one as well. At 25% does it also add some effort to the throws? Would be nice if it weren't so buttery smooth.

Also, who is the cheapest vendor to purchase from?

Thanks!

Been thinking about getting one as well. At 25% does it also add some effort to the throws? Would be nice if it weren't so buttery smooth.

Thanks!
Effort is more or less the same to me, shifts are a little more direct but not notchy by any means

If you want effort and real short, install the Boomba short shift kit with Fswerks adapter. That's what I did. Holy smokes it's tight now.

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I found the effort to be the same, which is very nice. The FSWerks shifter is one of the better modifications you can do to the ST.

So far I have only found this directly via FSWerks and CFM Performance. Are there any other vendors out there? I'm super cheap and don't wanna pay for shipping.

Waterfan

Thanks!
Adds a fractional amount of effort. Feels damn good.

Dunno about cheapest, but you can get it direct from FSWerks for a good price IMO.

I enjoyed your review. It was short, concise, and yet detailed. I also liked that you waited several months before giving your conclusion.

Do you think build quality of the Mountune version is better than FSWerks (given the price difference), or is it negligible?

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
I enjoyed your review. It was short, concise, and yet detailed. I also liked that you waited several months before giving your conclusion.

Do you think build quality of the Mountune version is better than FSWerks (given the price difference), or is it negligible?
thanks, not totally sure about the Mountune one as I haven't seen it in person. Being an engineer, I closely look at the development and finished product. Given everything I have seen from Mountune, they tend to be better engineered and have a better product. For the short shifter, I could not see enough of a difference from reports online or from pictures to determine if the quality justified the massive cost delta. I would feel confident suggesting the FSWerks short shifter over the Mountune one based on the price, installation, quality, and function.

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
So far I have only found this directly via FSWerks and CFM Performance. Are there any other vendors out there? I'm super cheap and don't wanna pay for shipping.
Keep an eye out for sales. FSWerks tends to have a few sales over the course of the year.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you want effort and real short, install the Boomba short shift kit with Fswerks adapter. That's what I did. Holy smokes it's tight now.
Please explain, as I was planning on installing the full boomba kit the day I take delivery of the car.

I chose the boomba since everyone seems to think it will yield the shortest throw, combined with some more effort (I am coming from a direct shifted RWD gearbox WITH a VERY positive engagement Pro 5.0 shifter on it, vs. a cable shifted FWD ride like most others on here [;)] )

Does the 'hybid'? above give even MORE of this effect than the boomba kit by it's lonesome??

Thanks in advance!

Waterfan

Please explain, as I was planning on installing the full boomba kit the day I take delivery of the car.

I chose the boomba since everyone seems to think it will yield the shortest throw, combined with some more effort (I am coming from a direct shifted RWD gearbox WITH a VERY positive engagement Pro 5.0 shifter on it, vs. a cable shifted FWD ride like most others on here [;)] )

Does the 'hybid'? above give even MORE of this effect than the boomba kit by it's lonesome??

Thanks in advance!
I think NoVA means:

1. Boomba Shifter

plus

2. FSWerks shift adapter plate

Same 1+2 results could be achieved with Boomba's shift package or Ultimate package

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
OP, nice review. Like you, I went with the 15% option (I think we may be the only people who did).

I read in another thread about using a allen head socket and some socket extensions and couldn't agree more. I can't imagine trying to get my big-ass hands in that tight of a space with an allen wrench. Once you pop off the original shifter thing, you can change the gears to give you better access with your socket.

All in all, a worthy and relatively cheap mod. Well worth it.

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
The short shifter is one of the best modifications for the money and one you get to use all the time. Last month I had a chance to drive my old 2011 Fiesta for the first time since selling it for the ST. The car has the Steeda/Ford Performance Tri-X shifter installed, which replaces the entire shifter assembly in the car. I did not care for the shift feel at all compared to the ST with the FSWerks shift kit. It was a nice reminder that I 100% made the right choice when it came to the shifter on the ST.

Thanks for the thumbs up on the review!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I read on another thread that the boomba shifter was causing problems with the linkage idk if you read up on that.
Yes, thanks, but I did see that, and I plan on consulting with boomba about it at the time/point of purchase to make sure I take steps/procedures to NOT have those same problems.

Anyone that owns a FSwerks SS kit have photos of it not installed?

Mine looks like a "B" part... top and bottom parts have dings, and when sandwich together, the curves dont match, and it seems like a very low quality machine part... While I get that as long as it functions, who cares what it looks like.... but I feel that the part should look so terrible... relatively speaking. I emailed the company but they havent responded making me wonder if they care about after sales.