Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Meth Injection - Installation, Use, and Expectations Thread

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Are the gains large if you already tuned on E30? Ill be mounting mine in the engine bay using the washer bottle as my tank.

For anyone setting up meth. Ish, it's a hoot. On my 2860 I gained over 50-60whp via vdyno anyway over my e30 tune.

Running winter tires and washer fluid now because damn winter. Plus I have a beater. So no reason to beat her up over winter.

Ish

For anyone setting up meth. Ish, it's a hoot. On my 2860 I gained over 50-60whp via vdyno anyway over my e30 tune.

Running winter tires and washer fluid now because damn winter. Plus I have a beater. So no reason to beat her up over winter.
I bet! I cant wait, Im going to be running 50/50 mix so my results are probably going to be about 20-30whp.

Based

I wonder how much horsepower meth will add

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how much horsepower meth will add

Depends on multiple things but if you are running out of fuel up top, Meth with alleviate that opposed to just adding knock resistance. I would say 20-30whp is a good guess. The other question kind depends on the limits of the turbo and if more boost is possible while being reasonable in the efficiency range. Also depends 50/50 weak sauce or straight Meth

Based

Depends on multiple things but if you are running out of fuel up top, Meth with alleviate that opposed to just adding knock resistance. I would say 20-30whp is a good guess. The other question kind depends on the limits of the turbo and if more boost is possible while being reasonable in the efficiency range. Also depends 50/50 weak sauce or straight Meth
That's interesting. I think I'm going to try this x47 after I get my DHM exhaust and DHM intercooler. I was going to get the DHM 360r Kit but after really thinking about it, I don't race anyone and I can't really justify me putting $4000 more into my car over the x47 which is only $2000

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
When I went from e30 to 100% meth I picked up right around 50 hp possibly 60. Not on the x47 but 2860rs.
Lol

Much bigger turbo helps with that... the hybrids are maxing out on e30, if he gains more than 25whp with 50/50 meth I would be shocked. Like I said, my best guess is 10-15whp

Based

Are there any dangers in running meth?

masonsturbos

If you run a meth tune and run out of the pump stops working, it's effectively like running lean... and the side effects of running lean occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Based

If you run a meth tune and run out of the pump stops working, it's effectively like running lean... and the side effects of running lean occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
How long does a container of meth usually last?

How long does a container of meth usually last?

Depends on driving but if you ever watched the Smoking Tire video of the BT FiST you saw how he got worried after a 10 minute mountain run on a 1 gallon tank lol. Good news is we have some room for a larger tank in the spare tire well. If or when (Hyrbid first) I run Meth I will be looking into a 2.5 gallon set up that should be decent enough to handle a good length of spirited driving :)