Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Meth Injection - Installation, Use, and Expectations Thread

From my understanding you just want the pump lower than the tank. It all depends on how the car is tuned and what psi it comes on at.

masonsturbos

Esondi does 2-3 hour cruises and only uses half his washer tank, it doesn't burn that much...
And you guys get way too worried about having it inside the car, you may not see the flame, but you'll smell the materials burning before it gets you.
Btw esondi is around 360whp on a 2680r so like I said, it doesn't suck it all down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Based

Depends on driving but if you ever watched the Smoking Tire video of the BT FiST you saw how he got worried after a 10 minute mountain run on a 1 gallon tank lol. Good news is we have some room for a larger tank in the spare tire well. If or when (Hyrbid first) I run Meth I will be looking into a 2.5 gallon set up that should be decent enough to handle a good length of spirited driving :)
Then what's the point of running meth if it only lasts for 10 minutes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

masonsturbos

It doesn't only last 10 minutes... it lasts a very long time- most guys run 6gph nossles... so if you were at 20+psi for 1 hour you'd use a gal in 10 minutes... you aren't at 20psi constantly though...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Then what's the point of running meth if it only lasts for 10 minutes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm guessing it's for those who cannot live without that extra, maxed out, 20-50 WHP on a BT kit, or who want/need that 'safety' factor within a maximal tune for WOT running.

It's just not worth it to me between the initial cost of the hardware, the cost and bother of constantly buying the stuff, switching tunes all of the time, and yes, having that stuff ANYWHERE near me inside the car, no matter HOW safely/precaution-wise it is done, and WHAT masonsturbos says.

But then again, no matter what I go to in the future as far as an aftermarket turbo setup goes, I DO NOT WANT any more than 300 PEAK WHP/LBS. FT. of torque going through the front wheels of this car, EVER, so I should not need WMI. [wink]

I do regret not having E85 available closer than states away (it seems), since I would run E30/40 even now on the tiny factory snail and a tune IF I could get it. [:(]

Ish

Or for those who like tracking their cars and want cooler temps. Or for those who live in the desert who see 120 degrees from july to September. Or maybe the want cleaner valves. Alot more pros than cons if you ask me but it comes down to what the user does with it. Horsepower is just the cherry on top. Alot of benefits come with it.

masonsturbos

It doesn't only last 10 minutes... it lasts a very long time- most guys run 6gph nossles... so if you were at 20+psi for 1 hour you'd use a gal in 10 minutes... you aren't at 20psi constantly though...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Has anyone ever found a way to mount the tank/pump OUTSIDE of the interior of these cars, without using the washer fluid tank??

I'm guessing it's for those who cannot live without that extra, maxed out, 20-50 WHP on a BT kit, or who want/need that 'safety' factor within a maximal tune for WOT running.

It's just not worth it to me between the initial cost of the hardware, the cost and bother of constantly buying the stuff, switching tunes all of the time, and yes, having that stuff ANYWHERE near me inside the car, no matter HOW safely/precaution-wise it is done, and WHAT masonsturbos says.

But then again, no matter what I go to in the future as far as an aftermarket turbo setup goes, I DO NOT WANT any more than 300 PEAK WHP/LBS. FT. of torque going through the front wheels of this car, EVER, so I should not need WMI. [wink]

I do regret not having E85 available closer than states away (it seems), since I would run E30/40 even now on the tiny factory snail and a tune IF I could get it. [:(]
You clearly don't know what 350-60 feels like in this car or really know anything about meth injection.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I think we all know how I feel about methanol lol...

MPFI meth style.
Put the tank under the hood when the air used to be..

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You clearly don't know what 350-60 feels like in this car or really know anything about meth injection.
OK, guilty as charged. ;)

NOW, please explain to me WHY I need over 300 WHP and WMI in this car. [???:)]
(And GOOD FOR YOU that you have both! [thumb])

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
OK, guilty as charged. ;)

NOW, please explain to me WHY I need over 300 WHP and WMI in this car. [???:)]
(And GOOD FOR YOU that you have both! [thumb])
If you have a big turbo, and the 300+ WTQ doesn't come in at 2000 rpms, the torque is very useable. I get 350 at 4000rpms and torque steer is minimal

If you ever want to see what the power is like, let me know, you aren't that far away :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You don't, but then you can act like eric and say you have it;)
WHO is Eric? [???:)]

(And I will NEVER EVER say I have something on the car that I do not-as that is ULTRA ricey. I would even want a dead SILENT BOV on the car even if I really had a BT/BIG POWAH in it, if that were possible. ;) )

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you have a big turbo, and the 300+ WTQ doesn't come in at 2000 rpms, the torque is very useable. I get 350 at 4000rpms and torque steer is minimal

If you ever want to see what the power is like, let me know, you aren't that far away :)
Thanks for the offer, and I might take you up on it at one of the meetups in the spring/summer.

But, until I have a Quaife/Wavetrac diff in it, that much power on corner exits (where one could very well still be at 4k revs) will cause it to understeer straight off the road, with the possible exception of having full R compound 50 tread wear, or less, road race gumballs on the car.

I do not, and do not care about, drag racing with this car. ;)

WHO is Eric? [???:)]

(And I will NEVER EVER say I have something on the car that I do not-as that is ULTRA ricey. I would even want a dead SILENT BOV on the car even if I really had a BT/BIG POWAH in it, if that were possible. ;) )
I do have that power though that's not what mason was saying. And until you know what 350-60 and 320 trq feels like, shhhhh. Because I had around 300 before meth and meth is waaaaay more fun.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I do have that power though that's not what mason was saying. And until you know what 350-60 and 320 trq feels like, shhhhh. Because I had around 300 before meth and meth is waaaaay more fun.
Once again, GOOD FOR YOU!! (eric?) [thumb]

But I will STILL rather pull weight out of the car, regardless of cost, before dealing with $35.00(+?)/gallon, clear burning/highly volatile fluid INSIDE of the car, or even in the washer bottle (this is my ONLY, daily driven, year 'round car, so I NEED those washers to be functional.) [wink]

Because it's daily I'm surprised you like driving a gutted car. Also try 3.50$ per gallon for meth not 35$

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
M-sport, do you even have your car yet?
^^^Is this supposed to be a diss, or is it a serious question? [dunno]

IF the latter above, I've not only had it since the end of October, but have started modding it, and even have parts stock piled (cp-e IC/exhaust, R.A. flaps)/ordered (17x8 Pro Race 1.2s) waiting for installation.
Even did the first oil change on it as well.
(I would not have a sig with mods listed if that were not the case, I am NOT a 16 year old ricer troll!!!!!!!! [nono])

IF the former above, well you know the good old, cliched answer/response to THAT. LOL