Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Meth Injection - Installation, Use, and Expectations Thread

anybody have any details about meth install? such as what kit, where did you mount the tank, what brand, where did you run the line both underneath and in to the engine compartment, where did you put the noozle. did you use and failsafe stuff, such as a boost reference or a electronic add on? thanks bob

i installed the aem kit, small tank in the trunk run the lines down the left hand side and out through the symposer tube. i mounted the meth injector as close to the intercooler cold side end tank as i wanted the air temp sensor to see the drop in temp for the ecu to adjust. i do not have the car mapped on meth as i only use it to help keep things safe when i take it to the track. normal running about it is switched off

great info ian,what size tank did you use in the trunk?what size nozzle did you use to spray?

I have the aem kit. Mounted the pump to the frame under the air filter, using the washer reservoir for the tank. Mounted the 500cc nozzle half a foot below the t body, threaded into the plastic tube. Ran the wires through an existing firewall hole behind the cowl on the pass side. Running vp m1 cut with distilled water, 50/50. Starts at 8psi max at 26. Been running it quite a while w/o issues.

ian and 1azst,good info on your aem setups.where did you mount your controller in the cabin? any pictures?

I only ran the led into the cabin. I actually just zip tied the controller to the negative battery cable inside a Ziploc bags lol.

i have the led on top of the steering cowl and have the controller come up under the E brake next to the usb

thank you both for your setups,now i have an idea on where to place everything.would be nice if you could put up some pictures for everyone planning to use h20/meth.

OP
B
Thread Starter #11
thanks for info gents. can you explain about the controller and how it is wired? thanks again, bob

controller takes a feed from boost, you have 2 dials 1 for when you want the meth to start and one for when you want the meth at full pressure. a few wires to the pump and 1 to battery 1 earth i think and an optional couple for the led to show meth is activated and not empty

OP
B
Thread Starter #13
a ha says the blind man. now I see. where did you source the boost signal from? thanks bob

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
After already deleting the washer bottle up front to take off more weight, plumping the widow washer lines to the rear, mounting the washer pump in the AEM tank, starting to install it in the rear I realized I did not really want a gallon of W/M spraying the interior of the car if we ever got hit hard and we drive on public roads with plenty of texting idiots on them.

I just spent a huge amount of time in the AZ heat building a sealed enclosure into the tire well floor for the pump and tank and separate for the battery and well isolated, sealed, etc....it would of been ten times easier, or more, to just use the stock washer bottle up front and live with a bit of weight, I recommend doing so or doing it right in the rear.

CP-E makes a nice 2.5" cold side pipe with the WMI bung installed, aluminum so nice low weight, I insulated mine with heat wrap tape, still very low weight.

RAAMaudio, good thinking about putting a gallon of juice in the rear of the car.so you would use the washer bottle up front for the juice,attach the nozzle in the cold pipe and put your pump where? if my research is correct not supposed to be more then 8" from the nozzle,please correct me if i'm wrong.

The pump has to be next to the tank. I was not worried about the tank in the rear as it is mixed 50/50 with water which is not flamable.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
meth injection install details

Tank

Feed and low level sensor

Pump on the bracket. It mounts where the stock washer tank used to go in the fender

4 devils own meth nozzles. 250cc per port and a 5th nozzle 6" before the throttle body.

Aem pump and controller.
Solenoid on/off
Aem filters

The multiport nozzles are too big at 250cc x4 for of the stock turbo or cyborg, but should be about right for my next turbo. Pump pressure all the way down and controller set to come on at 20psi and max out at 30+ psi to help slow it all down. But that was cyborg settings.

100% meth only, 50\50 is weak sauce and is only recommended because of liability and the fact that most pumps can't ACTUALLY support 100% despite their claims.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I actually that 50/50 is flammable but takes serious heat to ignite it, once nearly vaporized in a hard hit spraying all over the interior, which certainly could happen, even if it does not ignite it is quite toxic and with air bags going off, metal shearing, etc....I just had a really strong feeling come upon me, some call it intuition, that is was not safe for our two doggies, my wonderful wife and I to have it mounted in the hatch of the car out in the open.

Maybe it has something to do with being in AZ the last 6 months, Scottsdale the last 4, aggressive drivers always speeding, many on their phones, run red lights all the time, illegal uturns, tail gaiters, pulling out in front of you, turning around on freeway ramps, I saw 6 accidents in an hour one day, two quite serious.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
500cc should be good.
But injector rates are subject to pump pressure and the mix in the tank. A smaller injector will work if your using water mixed in. You can use more/bigger injectors if your using 100% meth.

I'd recommend you use nozzle in the charge pipe,
Not in a throttle body spacer. Instead, maybe use the throttle body spacer as a boost reference ( that's what I did ). Behind the TB seeing vacuum all the time ( because when your in boost ).