Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST recalls info thread

Anyone know the proper part? I'd honestly rather buy the relay and install it myself. Every time I take mine to the dealer they scratch something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same i work at a dealer for service and yeah i don't want to take mine lol

Anyone know the proper part? I'd honestly rather buy the relay and install it myself. Every time I take mine to the dealer they scratch something

Can't find a part #... If it's just the relay I imagine it's a fairly common item, but then do we want an OEM replacement if it's literally the same relay and not the re-issued batch?

The part is...

5M5Z14N089EA

And it's $6 something. My dealer has 8 in stock. I'll probably pick one up today.

Nice. I'm assuming they verified that that the one being sold is related to the recall?

Crap. I just checked, and I'm on that list too, even though I haven't gotten a letter yet. So, I'll arrange to pick up the correct relay at my nearest dealer, as I'd rather do it myself as well. Now the real question: Where does it go?

This I would like to know as well. I would much rather replace a relay myself. If anyone gets this service done soon, it would be great to know whether the service involves anything beyond replacing the relay, i.e. wiring, etc. Or is it simply unplugging old relay, plugging in new relay?

Crap. I just checked, and I'm on that list too, even though I haven't gotten a letter yet. So, I'll arrange to pick up the correct relay at my nearest dealer, as I'd rather do it myself as well. Now the real question: Where does it go?

FOUND IT!! It's in the fuse box by the battery. Take the lid off your fuse box (which is a complete PITA to take off and put back on, btw), and according to the owner's manual, it's the largest square black relay. Mine was labeled "++15021 1E" on the top of it. The owner's manual calls it the "High Speed Cooling Fan Relay". Just unplug the old one, plug in the new one (which is actually for a Ford Transit) and you're done!

jayrod1980

By the way, helps to pull the post out of the body of the car on your right side so you can get the fuse box top back on. It's th post holding two wiper looking lines against the sheet metal of the car.

jayrod1980

Just enter that part number I posted at Tasca.com or rock auto. The dealer should have some. It was super easy to get and pick up... Though I spent an hour explaining military job option to the parts kid trying to get into the National Guard [emoji31]

Hmmm... I confirmed the part over the phone. If Ford meant for a different relay in there then why are all the fuses black while this one is gray? It's definitely beefier as you can see. Good insurance I guess. New one is gray.

Good god, the old relay looks janky when you're holding the two together. I know it's not quite new but it Looks very poorly made in comparison. Ordered mine.